Recent Topics

Ads

sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Post#31 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

by all means, Hogun: play how you want. just don't come to the forums and complain when competent players manhandle you for doing just that.

Ads
hogun

Post#32 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm

the subject is: is the pug sc a trap for beginner / solo players?

it seems that players "competent" as you like farmed the pug, personally i thought that competent players looking for the challenge ..and dont need to play in the pug sc
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Druin
Former Staff

Post#33 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:22 pm

It's not against the rules to play good. Trying to sneak a premade into the pug sc is against the rules.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Telen
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Order just have too many rdps and due to melee trains being so strong and casters unable to damage healers you end up with destruction seeming like a premade because they can usually make a melee train out of what they get in a pug sc.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wam

Post#35 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:40 pm

been accused of it also, when i've 99% of time only done sc as a duo :)

Just because guildies was active and population not so big for sc's... for me the randomness of running into guildies in sc was surprise not planned... no comms, no ideal setup, barely even switched to form new party...

The funny fact is the other side would only complain when they lost... and call you trash / and other names if they won... kinda ironic that haha, too much saltyness when people die in this game for real. We get monitored, people see its just random luck / small player pool (havent done sc in awhile)

to me I've heard stories of some people maybe abusing system but i've seen no proof...
Spoiler:
Alot of grass is greener on the other side cries... Pug SC is random, yes a duo can have a slight impact and carry a little because alot of pug run around like headless chicken and don't heal out of party or guard for example, or dps do not assist and like to tank bash... these basics that people should of learnt by the time their t4 go out the window and its RNG RNG RNG and that is kinda where the fun lies you work with what you got good or bad and see how it goes

Run premade sc on live, it was spawn camp fest and boring most the time... I know in ROR it would be overkill and not worth the effort, already run premade in ORVR... so casual duo is fun to me...

If pugs refuse to learn their class and basics... that sounds like player error and learn to play issue to be honest... i've out healed healers on my chosen in t4 SC's... I haven't reported players for afk or feeding / being bad ... only toxic players who deserve. I keep my thoughts to myself and not interfere with their gameplay I just roll eyes if someone is bad and remember we all have to start somewhere and hope they improve with the time and experience they gain... (not being elitest but by bad i mean less than 10k dps and heals from start lol... when you have some 200k+ at end)

I think system is kinda fine how it is, just RNG sometimes goes for you, sometimes doesn't... you might one day just end up in a very bad loop when you have worse players / setup / or renown rank... doesn't have to be other side is "premade" ... alot of it is psychological... too much so, the nay sayers who give up after one wipe in a sc, ZOMG THEY GOT PREMADE!!!! WE CANT WIN... instead of people who always fight to the last and win when having no healers on their team... anyone is beatable even the "pro's" just requires a bit more effort.

I remember last time i was pugging few sc... order players was all rr 60-70... destro players was rank 31-40 rr below 40 name's i never seen before... that is rng (do I need to make a thread to seperate people by renown ranks so we get a even smaller player pool?)
TL DR: if people spent more energy on fighting instead of giving up or complaining ... wouldn't be a issue... RNG is RNG not always in your favour, you won't remember when its in your favour but you will remember when its against you.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

szejoza

Post#36 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

I have the proof, reported to GM and he dealt with them

But I'm not gonna share it with you forum-warriors that only care about minmaxing and don't see a place for a casuals in games
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:48 pm

difference between being casual and moaning at players for playing well, m8!

orillah
Suspended

Post#38 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:52 pm

No its not a trap at all.
Just be smart about it, sometimes one side will have good amount of decent geared/skilled plyers queing pug sc at the same time, so it will looks like fighting a premade. But i often find out that there is some full 6 mans running scenes on my side at the same time, so just join them and dont queue for the current pug sc.

Pug sc is pretty random on both sides, the only real problem is the amount of full rdps groups that can happen pretty often on order side and really hard to deal with being the only 1 tank from 12 people.

Still pug scs being solo only seems logical, but its not a big problem atm.

Ads
Avici

Post#39 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Why not to make the pug scene solo only? As far as I can tell, even duos have significant advantage over solo players.

hogun

Post#40 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:59 pm

the problem is not to be good or not good player, but to respect the concept of the pug sc which is not, it seems to me, for organized groups (big or small),

defend the idea that it's normal in duo opti 70 + go farmé casu and reroll 40 - is a proof of bad faith!

so why is the PUG sc created?
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o