Recent Topics

Ads

Meele Squig

Let's talk about... everything else
Valfaros

Meele Squig

Post#1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 am

I know you guys have plans for it and most of them look really nice that's why I write this not in the balance forum. What I'd like to ask you guys is about a bandaid fix until you have client control because nobody really knows how long this is going to take you and I find it very enjoyable to play a giant meatball.

Therefore could you consider this:
Remove the armor buff from pet and add it to squig armor + make it possible to use the mount again inside of squig armor.

Currently the gas squig has about 3000 hp takes A LOT of damage and isn't immune to AOE like the WL pet. It is already a big enough pain to lose access to several abilitys when your pet dies which it does within seconds when you are up close. It's a double pain if you also lose 50% of your armor. Tripple pain is that you get 30s cooldown on the only pet that saves your meaty ass. Quadruple pain is that you in meele range need about 3-4 seconds standing still casting while getting beaten. Pentadruple after being revied you suffer from the same 30s cd which makes you with rez debuff very vulnerable.

I don't think it's much to ask. Squig armor costs 55 AP and has 10s cooldown so compared to SW this would be already worse and a fine fix atleast until you have client control.
Spoiler:
Well on a site note I love everything about what you showed about the meele squig except one thing that the armor buff is still on a pet. I think it's okay to lose several offensive/cc abilitys when your pet is gone just like WL does lose his offensives. However he doesn't lose his stance and I think atleast the most important deffensive on meele squig should not be so easily removed. Just like it is on sw. But I will test your ideas when they are finally out throughfully and if it works cool if not you guys could still change it.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: Meele Squig

Post#2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:36 am

http://www.ror.builders/career/squig-he ... ma=&t=5502

There is a reason the tactic exists.
Rip Phalanx

Valfaros

Post#3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 am

Oh yeah very fair that you have to slot a tactic for something that should have been baseline on squig armor from the very beginning.
+ This doesn't solve the problem that squig pets are not even remotly made for fighting up close.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:48 am

lefze wrote:http://www.ror.builders/career/squig-he ... ma=&t=5502

Squig herder pets, needs 2 seconds cast time stoped... even if you equip that tactic (which it is already unfair enough)
If the pet is killed by players, aka not using taste like chicken with 60 seconds cooldown or making it explode with another 60 seconds cooldown ability (MOST LIKELY will be killed by players, since our pets are weak as **** based in Squig herder armor stats and are not inmune to areas like White lion one)
You need to wait 30 seconds unless that tactic is equiped and stay in place 2 seconds casting a pet, which will die as fast as first one.

Shadow warrior armor buff it is like day and night compared to Squigh herder one and way much more reliable...it is like comparing a day in the beach in company of a Miss Universe, and spending a night in the Everest mountain, in a frozen camp next to a guy which feets are smelling like a 5 weeks dead horse.

Athergic

Post#5 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:45 am

Lektroluv wrote:
lefze wrote:http://www.ror.builders/career/squig-he ... ma=&t=5502

Squig herder pets, needs 2 seconds cast time stoped... even if you equip that tactic (which it is already unfair enough)
If the pet is killed by players, aka not using taste like chicken with 60 seconds cooldown or making it explode with another 60 seconds cooldown ability (MOST LIKELY will be killed by players, since our pets are weak as **** based in Squig herder armor stats and are not inmune to areas like White lion one)
You need to wait 30 seconds unless that tactic is equiped and stay in place 2 seconds casting a pet, which will die as fast as first one.

Shadow warrior armor buff it is like day and night compared to Squigh herder one and way much more reliable...it is like comparing a day in the beach in company of a Miss Universe, and spending a night in the Everest mountain, in a frozen camp next to a guy which feets are smelling like a 5 weeks dead horse.
farty squig is a 20 second cool down, if you notice your pet being focused eat it or blow it asap, usually after 2 times of trying to kill your pet they just try and kill you instead which is equally as effective haha :P
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Wiede

Post#6 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 am

Lektroluv wrote:it is like comparing a day in the beach in company of a Miss Universe, and spending a night in the Everest mountain, in a frozen camp next to a guy which feets are smelling like a 5 weeks dead horse.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Couldn't resist...

@Topic: I'd rather have to wait for that change than wasting dev resources.

Athergic

Post#7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 am

I got lots is a great tactic, yeah it takes up a slot but it provides so much.

Pretty much anything different at this point would be nice, unfortunately all the nerfs to squig herders in general affect stabbin spec more than the others.

the disarm nerf and the unshakable focus really hurt stabbin, but it still can deal decent burst due to the way sharp toofs tactic works on this server.

all in all I would love to be able to suggest some changes, or at least have the option to suggest a couple things for some tactics.

Since unshakable focus is gone, I would love to see a return of the original sneaky stabbin
this tactic from live affected several spear skills of the original stabbin squig herder back when summon battle squig was like a 20 second buff.

which was a 25 percent chance on certain abilities to ignore all armor, if this could be worked to fit in ard noggin and git em/ bounce. idk about big bouncing, armor ignore on that might be to powerful, it would really help the spec a lot.

It's a bummer watching a gimped spec be further gimped, while the mirrors are doing better than thriving. I see the changes for shadow warrior and white lion, I'm excited for these players. But I don't like shadow warrior and white lion, so I do my best with what I enjoy. I hope you all do the same :)
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Valfaros

Post#8 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Athergic wrote:
It's a bummer watching a gimped spec be further gimped, while the mirrors are doing better than thriving. I see the changes for shadow warrior and white lion, I'm excited for these players. But I don't like shadow warrior and white lion, so I do my best with what I enjoy. I hope you all do the same :)
Yeah it's cool that they did all this for the wl and sw specs after I saw those I was hoping that they do something with meele squig before they get client control but seems they don't.

Ads