Recent Topics

Ads

Group XP gain 5 levels or LESS

Let's talk about... everything else
Vl4ddy

Group XP gain 5 levels or LESS

Post#1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:47 am

My brother and I were going to kill some mobs in troll country today. I had just hit level 17 and he was level 12... we were 5 levels or less apart in XP.
If you look at the XP log, the 4k+ is for a solo kill..
The 800 Xp is for a group kill. Both times a champion. Sorry it's not logged better but.. it is what it is.
Why is the XP nerfed so drastically for two of us playing together and about 5 levels apart? It use to get divided in half.
Either way wasn't the level difference suppose to be 9?

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or where it's suppose to be posted.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

Ads
Draugris

Re: Group XP gain 5 levels or LESS

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:08 am

Patch Notes say
XP rules from NPCs were changed again - you can now level with up to 9 levels (including) difference in your party. If difference is between 4 and 9 levels the XP from opponents will be reduced. Base XP value is now correctly split among all party members.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24798
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Vl4ddy

Post#3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:21 am

Yes, the difference is now 9 levels... instead of the 5.. but why is the XP nearly non existent when you are grouped is my question.. no reason I should get nearly 5k for a solo champ and not even 1k for killing a champ in group. The base XP is still split..
So granted I was rested.. so that's 2500 per champ.. so 1,250 per person.. and yet I am still rested so I should be getting 2500...
Why are players who are grouping up being punished! This is ridiculous!
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

Oculta

Post#4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 am

This is a farse for the whole group game in PvE and Level progress. Players are kicked out of the group due to a level difference of 5. Very conducive to the already small community here. Even the RR is rising faster than the XP bar. If you want to level by PvP/RvR alone you need felt years.

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:12 am

The xp is reduced in rvr/sc too?
    Dying is no option.

Hargrim
    Developer

Post#6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:30 am

Sulorie wrote:The xp is reduced in rvr/sc too?
    No.

Hargrim
    Developer

Post#7 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 am

Vl4ddy wrote:Yes, the difference is now 9 levels... instead of the 5.. but why is the XP nearly non existent when you are grouped is my question.. no reason I should get nearly 5k for a solo champ and not even 1k for killing a champ in group. The base XP is still split..
    So granted I was rested.. so that's 2500 per champ.. so 1,250 per person.. and yet I am still rested so I should be getting 2500...
    Probably because you can kill things faster if you are grouped?

Collateral

Post#8 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Hargrim wrote:
    Vl4ddy wrote:Yes, the difference is now 9 levels... instead of the 5.. but why is the XP nearly non existent when you are grouped is my question.. no reason I should get nearly 5k for a solo champ and not even 1k for killing a champ in group. The base XP is still split..
    But two lowbies killing a champ isn't that much faster (certainly not lightning speed), yet the xp is reduced more than 4 times. Why not make it so that the xp is reduced per the number of people, so in this case 2 times?

Ads
    Hargrim
    Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Collateral wrote:
    Hargrim wrote:
    But two lowbies killing a champ isn't that much faster (certainly not lightning speed), yet the xp is reduced more than 4 times. Why not make it so that the xp is reduced per the number of people, so in this case 2 times?
    This is because the level difference. 4 levels difference will just split it.

Silverbow100

Post#10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Except, as shown, the xp was not split in any case. ‘Splitting’ the xp would mean that out of the 2500 that should have been rewarded not even half of that was given to both players combined (keep in mind he was rested during those kills and showed 5k per mob solo) if you guys seriously think ruining the PVE in the game like this and expect to keep players around you are seriously kidding yourselves, restricting progression to this amount is complete crap. And the only people you are hurting are yourselves and the other players of the game when people start leaving because this kind of thing ruins this game.
    Oh and the fact you guys tend to completely ignore the player base giving feedback and actually act on the consensus of the players you serve(because this is just as much for us as it is for you) it makes it even worse.