Recent Topics

Ads

Donation

Let's talk about... everything else
Clockwise

Donation

Post#1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi lads,

I'm an old school player of this game, just discovered your page and private server.

One word: AWESOMESAUCE !

I would help you, by reporting bugs and with some donation.

If you have a Bitcoin address I'll send you some to participate and support you.

Clockwise, ex-noob from Karak-Azgal

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Donation

Post#2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Hai, welcome to the community :)

Clockwise was a RP? I think I remember you :P

Clockwise

Post#3 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Yeah it's me ;) I was rockin hard with my RP, soloing zerg, 5897 feet jumps, summoning Gotrek for dual noob team, Rune of icecube in my whiskey.

Give me a way to donate ;)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Clockwise wrote:Yeah it's me ;) I was rockin hard with my RP, soloing zerg, 5897 feet jumps, summoning Gotrek for dual noob team, Rune of icecube in my whiskey.

Give me a way to donate ;)
Hehe :D Can't do donations. Non-profit project resurrecting a game, that the rights are owned by someone with a big **** ready to shaft someone good :shock:

Clockwise

Post#5 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Yeah I understand your point of view and spirit.

But donation could help you to pay servers (website + game), maybe get a better one over the time.

Of course, I'll not force you. But if a day you open a Bitcoin address (2 minute to create one: blockchain.info), I'll glad to support the project.

I'm sure that if your project succeed you'll need donations ;)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Clockwise wrote:Yeah I understand your point of view and spirit.

But donation could help you to pay servers (website + game), maybe get a better one over the time.

Of course, I'll not force you. But if a day you open a Bitcoin address (2 minute to create one: blockchain.info), I'll glad to support the project.

I'm sure that if your project succeed you'll need donations ;)
Max hosts the server. Best ask him and see if he says something (anything at all).

CruciasNZ

Post#7 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:47 pm

As long as you remain non-profit you can't be shafted by GW. Accepting limited donations (read donations cut off at required amount so only so many ppl can donate) would legally be safe. I'd offer to help with server stuff but I have to maintain the GWRS one, if I let that die they'd hunt me down and gut me

CaseyJones
Banned

Post#8 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:31 am

Same here, I'd also like to be able to support the project a bit. I'm sure there will be even more people who wanna help you guys out.

There must be some way, I've seen a few other private mmo servers accepting donations.

Ads
Clockwise

Post#9 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:11 am

CruciasNZ wrote:As long as you remain non-profit you can't be shafted by GW. Accepting limited donations (read donations cut off at required amount so only so many ppl can donate) would legally be safe. I'd offer to help with server stuff but I have to maintain the GWRS one, if I let that die they'd hunt me down and gut me
Not sure to understand the GWRS & GW stuff,

if I ask for Bitcoin donation it's because no companies or banks will be aware of the donations. If I send you some BTC, it's between you and me, no middle-man are involved, and no-fiat money ($ or €).

It's up to you, if a day you open a donation services, i'll support ;)

Sarasil

Post#10 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 am

We all want to pay them but they stubbornly refuse... :C I understand why, and even private donations might grind some gears because one person might get paid more then the others and someone end up butthurt over it.
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook