Recent Topics

Ads

Brigth Wizards

Let's talk about... everything else
Bakau

Brigth Wizards

Post#1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 pm

I remember when playing this a bw vs a sorc, bw's were way better and quite OP - is this the case still?

Ads
fox66656

Re: Brigth Wizards

Post#2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 am

Pretty much

Zaxxond

Post#3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 am

Sorcs have better front loaded burst. BW's have better utility and tactics. Both suffer currently to the high disrupt/dot avoidance changes a few months back.

BW's are still considered OP to Sorcs imo.

adamthelc

Post#4 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 am

They were both OP, I dont know if you could say a BW was "way better".

They both did things better. BW had better dot spec/AoE. Sorc were better at killing you in a single time stamp.

A lot of ot depends on what point in the game you are remembering. BW M2 stun was OP, but that got nerfed then the Sorc Morale root that wouldnt break was better for bomb groups.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 am

Zaxxond wrote:Sorcs have better front loaded burst. BW's have better utility and tactics. Both suffer currently to the high disrupt/dot avoidance changes a few months back.

BW's are still considered OP to Sorcs imo.

I used to think that too but then a while back jaycub made a post on the matter that after muling it over i feel still holds true even after the flash fire nerf

Jaycub wrote:BW wins by a **** mile

>Flash Fire ( I N S T A N T C A S T F I R E B A L L S)
>Fireball Barrage (an extra channel/instant damage that does a ton and has amazing synergy with flashfire)
>Self cleanse (sorc gets shitty 10% inc damage thing that costs a GCD so you never use it)
>Funnel Power (free damage and doubles the chance you proc anything)
>F R E E Snare on their channel
>specable RKD (no good BW does tho)
>better AoE tree by a mile

Sorc literally doesn't get jackshit to compete with this, but somehow is still alpha RDPS on destro because give any class 250% increased crit damage in this meta and it's godly.

but BW's look horrible and Sorcs have legs for days and so as long as you look fabulous what else really matters?

Bakau

Post#6 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am

Thanks for that - I used to play a sorc and when it came to bw's it was dot - tab - dot - tab etc

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 am

You play Sorc for the looks and the BW for the dmg. :D

Been lately playing my BW a lot, I only touch my Sorc for WB sessions when I log on it and pewpee stuff for the guild warband needs. BW has stuff you can only dream about as a Sorc.
Self cleanse, 100% StrikeThrough on 2 big spells, self armour buff and antiSetBack buff, twice the dmg from Rain of Fire + Wildfire compared to just Pit of Shades, F L A S H F I R E <3333, Spreading Flames + Detonate - both instacast strong AoE dots compared to 2 sec cast Gloom of Night lmao, Funnel Power so your dmg procs have 2 chances to trigger instead of one like on Sorc, functional M2 that can be used in most fights and does damage for more kills.
For all of that above, you just have to suffer over having stupid looking gear and hair styles, and not looking as fabulous as a Sorc, but its worth it.

Bakau

Post#8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 am

Also playing a BW - when it comes to Tor Anroc u won't get punted into the lava by Ironbreakers!

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 am

Bakau wrote:Also playing a BW - when it comes to Tor Anroc u won't get punted into the lava by Ironbreakers!
Yeah you just get punted by BG since there's at least one if not three in every scenario?
<Salt Factory>

lastalien

Post#10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 am

Sorc have more spels with spirit base, then BW have corp base in ST chain. When using resist debuff, Sorc have supperior burst.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies