Recent Topics

Ads

Despite my fond memories, I find myself hating this game sometimes.

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: Despite my fond memories, I find myself hating this game sometimes.

Post#21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Run through T1 a few times. T4 is just zergs running over people spamming aoe. You cant learn to play in that environment. You need smallscale. While T1 might not get you a full built class it will give you all the abilities to learn the playstyle. Id even advise playing every class through T1 to understand what youre up against.

Second get all the important addons and set up your ui. The stock client is absolutely abysmal. The information you need while playing is either not shown or displayed really badly. Vinyui or Yakui are good but setting up one yourself can get far better than either. Get used to enemy. Make the most of NerfedButtons as a conditional checker not a cast sequencer.

Third is the big one and the largest investment but will see the biggest improvement. This really separates players. Your gaming setup. You need a gaming mmo mouse as number one. Nagas are great but there are cheaper better chinese copies. At first it will feel weird and you will be convinced you'll never get anything from it. Stick with it and it will transform your movement and reactions. A gaming keypad is also a big benefit but the mmo mouse is the real game changer.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Draugris wrote:
Darosh wrote:
Draugris wrote: Now you can say that is stupid, and yes it is but that was also the case on live.
Lies. On live you'd die within the first fraction of a second if a RR80-100 WE/WH hit you and you were subRR80. :3
Surviving a second means that in the best case scenario your guardbot and/or healbot peer could therotically react.
I guess my memory was a bit blurred then :lol:
Nah, his memory is wrong. Those who died didn't spec TB and rushed to T4. Back then it was common to make rr70 in T3 bracket and enter T4 with a decent armor set.
Dying is no option.

Forum
Banned

Post#23 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Forum wrote:mmorpg's are only for hardcore players,the more you put in the game the more you get out,its kinda like real life,thats why i rarely played in past year,trying a class is not enough,you need months of grinding the gear potions and talismans,marrauder is usless before rr 60 becouse you lack 2 mastery points for full build,dont know about other classes but probably same story
This is pretty much nonsense. All what matters is your mindset and the will to learn.
hahahahaha thanks for making me laugh,to learn what,this game doesnt require mutch learning,anyone can master it in a week

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Forum wrote: hahahahaha thanks for making me laugh,to learn what,this game doesnt require mutch learning,anyone can master it in a week
We don't need sockpuppet accounts here. If you want to post on the forums, use your proper account.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Darosh
Banned

Post#25 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Offtopic, disregard unless bored:
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote:
Draugris wrote:
Darosh wrote:
Lies. On live you'd die within the first fraction of a second if a RR80-100 WE/WH hit you and you were subRR80. :3
Surviving a second means that in the best case scenario your guardbot and/or healbot peer could therotically react.
I guess my memory was a bit blurred then :lol:
Nah, his memory is wrong. Those who died didn't spec TB and rushed to T4. Back then it was common to make rr70 in T3 bracket and enter T4 with a decent armor set.
Hence me saying subRR80, which wasn't uncommon before and right after the tier changes, aswell as before and right after the introduction of TB - let alone for various 'casuals' and 'bads' that picked up the game and didn't really grasp the 'meta', which there were plenty off.

Tho, with TB and the worn sov you might managed to survive more than a fraction of a second, but certainly not an entire GCD if the WE/WH in question wasn't completly brainafk. Wasn't there a pocket item that increased your armor pen drastically - reverse Settra basically? In that regard my memory might indeed be blurry.

However, RoR and Live are worlds apart in terms of powercreep.

Fallenkezef

Post#26 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

szejoza wrote:For me it was weird, as I'm not heavy roleplaying guy but I always create my characters with some sort of backstory in my mind or at least basic background (where do they come from, why are they wearing this colours, why 1h+shield instead of 2h sword etc). This helps me to stick to one or two chars at most (and usually the second gets some sort of hiatus while I focus on one of the two). With that in mind comes the skill, which no matter how many advices you will get will come only if you practice. When I came back to playing my KoTBS I had troubles following my one guarded target, and now after 2 months of investment in this char I can guarddance as I wish and still properly execute the CC maneouvers that I want.

And it comes from the guy that 90% of the time is pugging, obviously having chill guild is nice, you will always get some advices, but the most important stuff is practice, if you jump too much from char to char you will be jack of all trades - master of none, and from your post I suppose it's not what you aim to be.

My advice is (somewhat different from the others) - go read a book or two from black library, they cover armies stories, hero stories etc. You probably already have your favourite army in mind so now you might as well check some of the books covering their most iconic units. Sadly, 'destruction' forces have less books than order ones (probably that's why there is so many roleplayers on order side :D) but they are nice anyways. You will get a rest from the game, maybe you will find something that will hook you up, maybe you won't, but at least you will have fresh look at your chars after a short break.
I agree there.

My slayer is based on a character I played in WFRP for years and I'm giving serious consideration to doing a series of stories based on my WH.
Alea iacta est

Forum2

Post#27 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Forum wrote: hahahahaha thanks for making me laugh,to learn what,this game doesnt require mutch learning,anyone can master it in a week
We don't need sockpuppet accounts here. If you want to post on the forums, use your proper account.
Were you trigered by my coment hahahahahaha,that account you just banned was my real account, i had one years before but forgot password and mail,pathetic...

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#28 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Forum2 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Were you trigered by my coment hahahahahaha,that account you just banned was my real account, i had one years before but forgot password and mail,pathetic...
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#29 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Spoiler:
GodlessCrom wrote:
Forum2 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
All aboard the memetrain, cho-cho.
^ too good of a gif to hide it in a spoiler.

Lets stay on topic, tho I guess most if not everything has been written. I'd fancy it if more destro derps would pick OP up and group with him a tad, tbh.

If you should choose to roll a dwarf - or any order toon - and stick to it, hit me up via PM. :>

Fallenkezef

Post#30 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Plenty of good guilds on order.

Bitterstone Thunderers and Oathkeepers if you want Dwarf only and Diogenes is an awesome mixed guild.
Alea iacta est