Recent Topics

Ads

Despite my fond memories, I find myself hating this game sometimes.

Let's talk about... everything else
Stophy22

Re: Despite my fond memories, I find myself hating this game sometimes.

Post#11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Darosh wrote:
Stophy22 wrote: If you need anymore help or have personal questions you'd like to ask (and you play destro) I have labled myself as an advisor and feel free to message kurodon or archea in game as they are my most played. You'll get through this mate, WAR is just tricky. :)
Slightly offtopic, but I am genuinely curious, does the Advisor tag work? I figured the devs didn't fix it yet.
I've had a few people message me but I'm not sure if they just saw me walking around inevitable city and wanted to ask a question or if they looked me up. I can't answer if it's actually working but I use it if it is.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
bwdaWAR

Post#12 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't see any healers mentioned in that post. Did you try those? Who knows, maybe that's the role in which you'd be satisfied with your performance.
Not to mention that healers are always in short supply so most likely you'll have an easier time to find a group to play with... and they may be more tolerant to mistakes since it's not like they can just get a replacement anytime as they could with a DPS.

Smellybelly

Post#13 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm

I just wanted to add, that if nothing else works for you then you are pretty good at writing :)

Forum
Banned

Post#14 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:12 pm

mmorpg's are only for hardcore players,the more you put in the game the more you get out,its kinda like real life,thats why i rarely played in past year,trying a class is not enough,you need months of grinding the gear potions and talismans,marrauder is usless before rr 60 becouse you lack 2 mastery points for full build,dont know about other classes but probably same story

kitchenslave

Post#15 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:20 pm

I would say roll like 10 alts. Play these guys in the tier1 and tier 2 brackets. These in my opinion are the "normal guy" tiers. That 30 to 50 year old that has been playing mmo's for 10 to 20 years that already played competitively in his 20's with a headset and Ventrilo on other games...probably WOW.

I'm in my mid 40's, have a wife, kids, job etc. I don't have 20 "friends" online to play organized video games with, and I don't want too. I have to go AFK in the middle of an SC because the wife is screaming about something and i'm "wasting time on a video game", every normal guy has heard this a million times.

Keep playing one or two level 40 guys but spend 75 percent of your time in the lower tiers. They are fun, unorganized and always available. I spent most of my time at launch in the tier 1 bracket and had so much fun the rest of the game bored me.

Want to enjoy the game again, play every class to level 15, that should take a month or two. Just run SC's and do Nordland map. Make sure you play the dumb specs too like DPS healers to really make a name for yourself. =)

Draugris

Post#16 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Darrell wrote:I came back to it months ago after ...
From my perspective you lack 2 things, that is RR and Gear. Being 40 with RR 28 is nothing sorry. One of my 40/40 is a WP, he is wearing Ruin set at the moment as long as i do not have enough medaillons for a proper set. I can tell you if a high RR WE with gear jumps on me from stealth i can not do anything about it, i die during the knockdown duration, i can´t even detaunt. Now you can say that is stupid, and yes it is but that was also the case on live. Gear and RR are a big factor and as long as you can´t compete your are prey.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Darosh
Banned

Post#17 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Draugris wrote: Now you can say that is stupid, and yes it is but that was also the case on live.
Lies. On live you'd die within the first fraction of a second if a RR80-100 WE/WH hit you and you were subRR80. :3
Surviving a second means that in the best case scenario your guardbot and/or healbot peer could therotically react.

Draugris

Post#18 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Darosh wrote:
Draugris wrote: Now you can say that is stupid, and yes it is but that was also the case on live.
Lies. On live you'd die within the first fraction of a second if a RR80-100 WE/WH hit you and you were subRR80. :3
Surviving a second means that in the best case scenario your guardbot and/or healbot peer could therotically react.
I guess my memory was a bit blurred then :lol:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
covenn

Post#19 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:57 pm

bwdaWAR wrote:I don't see any healers mentioned in that post. Did you try those? Who knows, maybe that's the role in which you'd be satisfied with your performance.
Not to mention that healers are always in short supply so most likely you'll have an easier time to find a group to play with... and they may be more tolerant to mistakes since it's not like they can just get a replacement anytime as they could with a DPS.
I would avoid playing a healer until something is done about character advancement for them, otherwise you will be disappointed. They currently far less rewards than dps classes for putting in the same amount of effort open world. Unfortunately the very gear they need for the most part comes from WvW and not scenarios. Many are being forced to either only play in an optimal setup with heavy damage dealers otherwise they are simply better off soloing and doing dps.

This is why there is a healer shortage.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Sulorie

Post#20 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Forum wrote:mmorpg's are only for hardcore players,the more you put in the game the more you get out,its kinda like real life,thats why i rarely played in past year,trying a class is not enough,you need months of grinding the gear potions and talismans,marrauder is usless before rr 60 becouse you lack 2 mastery points for full build,dont know about other classes but probably same story
This is pretty much nonsense. All what matters is your mindset and the will to learn.
Dying is no option.