Recent Topics

Ads

What Am I Missing?

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: What Am I Missing?

Post#31 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Influence gear in Dwarf/Elf is higher rank than influence in Empire. Always good to hit those zones when they're open. T1 lair bosses drop good R10 gear as well, there are occasionally groups looking for players to do them. They're not terribly challenging, but they are in the RvR areas, so PvP is possible there.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
adamthelc

Post#32 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Its pretty easy to twink T1 characters, or make them stronger than the average character. Easiest way is to just boost armor.

Anything that can heal is going to be impossible to duel if they are decent and well geared. Mauaders can heal.

Well geared Tanks can out duel anything that cant heal, in the vast majority of cases.

Against a healer your only shot is to have a high burst dps, something that can ignore armor is best.

A twinked Marauder is going to be hard for anyone to win a 1v1 with in T1.

As an IB you are going to do low damage against anyone who is stacking armor. Need to use burn armor or stone breaker with a taunt.

Best bet is to stack armor, go for sorcs/magus so its harder for them to bomb you and know which fights you arent going to be able to win.

EDIT: The Dwarven racial tactic is the worst first talent of any race in T1. Especially when compared to something like what Chaos/Empire gets.
Last edited by adamthelc on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 pm

always gonna be players that will just tear you a new one. there is an incredibly large skill disparity in this game, ranging from borderline comatose to high-end competitive basement-dwelling elitist-tier.

all i suggest is that you don't do what 90% of people do and attribute your own lapses and/or failings (not saying you have any, personally) to bullshit like realm bias/cheats/hacks. learn from mistakes, learn about each and every class in the game, how to counter them etc, and you'll be 10x better.

Eathisword

Post#34 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:always gonna be players that will just tear you a new one. there is an incredibly large skill disparity in this game, ranging from borderline comatose to high-end competitive basement-dwelling elitist-tier.

all i suggest is that you don't do what 90% of people do and attribute your own lapses and/or failings (not saying you have any, personally) to bullshit like realm bias/cheats/hacks. learn from mistakes, learn about each and every class in the game, how to counter them etc, and you'll be 10x better.
This is very true.

Also... (sorry in advance in a Canadian way), but don'T listen to some of what people said here. IB has access to a very powerful Healdebuff fairly soon compared to other classes (level 23), which lets you blow out T2 healers in scenarios. You can also grab Avalache tactic and Runic Shield in Brotherhood mastery that will give you magic absorb + a decent bit of regen vs magic users. All this at level 25. Might seem far away now, but it's soon compared to a lot of other classes.

IB is a very strong class, probably the one of the strongest small scale class in the game (1 to 4 man group). Just keep at it, learn the class inside out and soon enough them marauders won't bother you one bit.

(edit : oh, and don't put too much weight about what happens while you learn and level. Do your thing, get better every time you lose and by the time you get some gear at level 40, all will be fine).
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.