Recent Topics

Ads

Lowbies in t4.

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Lowbies in t4.

Post#11 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am

CaledorTree wrote:
And as for being a lowbie against any good magus, you get wrecked no matter what you do.

Edit: You actually get wrecked against any decent player as a lowbie. And I complete understand how you feel, it really sucks to play against massive lowbie aswell. Takes all the fun out of 90% of the fights as they litterally can't compete. The whole idea of experience levels is an outdated one, and should be done away with IMO, if they want to keep the tiers merged.
Thats why I feel T2 should be split once again away from T3-4 endgame, as playing as lowbie without even access to 2nd/3rd/4th tactic slots and stuff against min-maxed people in optimized gear with talis and potions is such pain. What is worse, it makes T2-4 sooo zergy with so many players around.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 am

CaledorTree wrote:Personally I find it senseless.
You like that 1100/1400 people online during EU primetime? If yes that's the reason why T2-T4 was merged.

If you are 2shoted that mean you are not geared and specced properly without proper group support.

And sad truth is you will die the same as R40/RR40+ to the same people you die now if you won't find a group and gear properly.

@Grur

I somehow agree with you, but the downside would be higher entry level for new players / players coming back after long time. Having 30 abilities to go trough and fully comprehend what they do from level 1 is not that trivial imo for the classic casual. Ofc that last part might be just me being a baddy.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am

M0rw47h wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:
And as for being a lowbie against any good magus, you get wrecked no matter what you do.

Edit: You actually get wrecked against any decent player as a lowbie. And I complete understand how you feel, it really sucks to play against massive lowbie aswell. Takes all the fun out of 90% of the fights as they litterally can't compete. The whole idea of experience levels is an outdated one, and should be done away with IMO, if they want to keep the tiers merged.
Thats why I feel T2 should be split once again away from T3-4 endgame, as playing as lowbie without even access to 2nd/3rd/4th tactic slots and stuff against min-maxed people in optimized gear with talis and potions is such pain. What is worse, it makes T2-4 sooo zergy with so many players around.
OMG, there are players in T2, lets do something to have empty zones again. It's not like there are always 2 or 3 open zones at the same time.

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am

M0rw47h wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:

The fact that it feels zergy is because of the way the campaign is designed atm. or rather, because of the mentality of the playerbase, they simply don't play the game optimally. And here comes the issue with the lowbies, they CAN'T compete outside of sticking with the zerg, and so blobbing is forced on a major part of the population. Rest of the population follows suit, and play in a manner that gets them no gear, limited renown, and overall just creates a game where only a select few have the luxury of min-maxing gear, even on several toons while the majority doesn't even understand why they are still in annihilator.
Rip Phalanx

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 am

lefze wrote:The fact that it feels zergy is because of the way the campaign is designed atm. or rather, because of the mentality of the playerbase, they simply don't play the game optimally. And here comes the issue with the lowbies, they CAN'T compete outside of sticking with the zerg, and so blobbing is forced on a major part of the population. Rest of the population follows suit, and play in a manner that gets them no gear, limited renown, and overall just creates a game where only a select few have the luxury of min-maxing gear, even on several toons while the majority doesn't even understand why they are still in annihilator.
So how do you compete vs organized play when you are unorganized or vs better gear when you don't have it?

Also, please end that annihilator / gear is hard to get meme. BiS from RvR is easy to get if you don't 'I will log 10 characters to play the system!' and next best thing, Beastlord, is trivial to get.

szejoza

Post#16 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 am

Where is the git gud argument!?!?!?

Honestly tho, I've played a couple of chars in early20s with the merged tiers, you need to accept your weakness which is less skills/tactics and play accordingly, then you will find fun in the merged tiers.

If you expect being competetive against fully geared 40/40+ then there is something wrong with you

And destro is a bit better organised so accept the fact that you will get stomped more

Separate tiers mean sieges with 12-18 people in t2-t3 zones and I bet nobody wants that, it would breed only twinks
Spoiler:

Collateral

Post#17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am

Yes surely the learning curve would increase if you did that. But isn't it even worse now when people, even if they knew the class entirely, simply can't compete cuz of the sheer fact that they lack almost all of the things that would make them compete.

You throw them in the pan with everyone else quite early on. So how would you expect people to be happy when they get stomped, and they know they can't do anything about it? If they had the tools, there would maybe be a chance for them. It's only an increased learning curve, until eventually people will learn the tools and use them correctly. Where right now, as I said, even IF they knew the class, there is very little they can do.

Perhaps you don't have to give them everything, that might indeed be too much. Increase the rate at which you gain tactics and abilities. This is something you guys are thinking about now right?
Last edited by Collateral on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

lefze
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am

Hargrim wrote:
lefze wrote:The fact that it feels zergy is because of the way the campaign is designed atm. or rather, because of the mentality of the playerbase, they simply don't play the game optimally. And here comes the issue with the lowbies, they CAN'T compete outside of sticking with the zerg, and so blobbing is forced on a major part of the population. Rest of the population follows suit, and play in a manner that gets them no gear, limited renown, and overall just creates a game where only a select few have the luxury of min-maxing gear, even on several toons while the majority doesn't even understand why they are still in annihilator.
So how do you compete vs organized play when you are unorganized or vs better gear when you don't have it?

Also, please end that annihilator / gear is hard to get meme. BiS from RvR is easy to get if you don't 'I will log 10 characters to play the system!' and next best thing, Beastlord, is trivial to get.
Eh, pretty much what I'm trying to say. BiS gear is REALLY easy to get, but the majority of the population is playing so unorganized and in such a lazy way that they don't stand a chance at getting it. The sad truth is that for the players to realize they actually have a good shot at getting BiS gear the campaign has to be designed in a way that forces the population to actually personally kill people, and not just blob and apply some aoe dot here and there and be content with it, thinking that they will never get conq anyways, so why bother playing seriously.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

Collateral wrote:Yes surely the learning curve would increase if you did that. But isn't it even worse now when people, even if they knew the class entirely, simply can't compete cuz of the sheer fact that they lack almost all of the things that would make them compete?

You throw them in the pan with everyone else quite early on. So how would you expect people to be happy when they get stomped, and they know they can't do anything about it? If they had the tools, there would maybe be a chance for them. It's only an increased learning curve, until eventually people will learn the tools and use them correctly. Where right now, as I said, even IF they knew the class, there is very little they can do.

Perhaps you don't have to give them everything, that might indeed be too much. Increase the rate at which you gain tactics and abilities. This is something you guys are thinking about now right?
I don't have anything against it, but I'm not calling the shots here :).

Hargrim
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 am

lefze wrote:Eh, pretty much what I'm trying to say. BiS gear is REALLY easy to get, but the majority of the population is playing so unorganized and in such a lazy way that they don't stand a chance at getting it. The sad truth is that for the players to realize they actually have a good shot at getting BiS gear the campaign has to be designed in a way that forces the population to actually personally kill people, and not just blob and apply some aoe dot here and there and be content with it, thinking that they will never get conq anyways, so why bother playing seriously.
You can't teach someone if (s)he doesn't want to learn. I don't see that much questions in game "what can I do better" but I see plenty of whine like this thread.