Recent Topics

Ads

Lowbies in t4.

Let's talk about... everything else
ragafury

Re: Lowbies in t4.

Post#31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I get where Caledor is coming from, and even with bolster there is a huge discrepancy.

You have to ask yourself: do I want to be in a ghost town with varying degrees of activity (varying being either dead, or meh), or would I prefer to get my ass handed to me a little more (yet still be able to contribute with a WB/good guild to help) in T4, where the activity is plenty?
I rather get shrekt and play with my guildmates than having class xyz on CR 31 RR12 cause of the said issue.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
CaledorTree

Post#32 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Hargrim wrote:Keep lords scale with population in zone. 12 people can take a keep. If you want small scale go to the zone where small scale is happening. If other people are not interested in small scale whose fault is that?

Also, I'm sure your perfect experience of killing dozens of people on live was not on a fully geared char with some gigantic renown rank, right?
No. I have tried to run in areas with small population only to find that high lvl premades (small usually 4-6ppl) are there as well, farming easy kills from us lowbies. Nothing can stop them doing it and they do it.

I did not understand your question. Do you mean that my character was high rr, or the enemy? In the latter case, on live, due to tier separation, solo kills were easy to get if you played right. Gear was almost the same, lvl's the same etc. No huge gaps in mid tiers. In t4 since sov gear was common, you had a rly hard time wearing conq.

Sorry if I disturb the calmness here saying that tier merge was horrid. I have actually asked quite some many people and in tells they do not fear to express what they believe. Let's make a poll and see what people think actually.
Edit: That low tiers are empty is actually a myth. Tone down keep lords and they are perfectly playable.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

ToXoS

Post#33 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm

I do solo roaming with my SH (I've done it a little with my WL too) and one of the first thing to learn is that you can't kill every class 1vs1.
Before pouncing on someone, you have to evaluate the risk and IF you can actually kill the guy.
There is also some known good player names that you will see sometimes. Learn about them, about which classes they play, which names they have, and do not engage them if you don't have the right gear, the right spec, and the initiative.
You have to learn what you can do and what you can't do.

Osred

Post#34 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:25 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:You run around solo, with bad positioning, with no guard, with no heals, and moan when a Magus in BIS gear and x8 stacks kills you?

You're low level, probably have low resistances and toughness. Magus has an elemental debuff, I also roam with a zealot to further debuff resistances to essentially 0. The damage is completely justified given how long it takes to setup, whereas WL is durp hurp KB in comparison.
wait what. Magus debuff and Zealot debuff stack?
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Hargrim
Developer

Post#35 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

CaledorTree wrote:Sorry if I disturb the calmness here saying that tier merge was horrid. I have actually asked quite some many people and in tells they do not fear to express what they believe. Let's make a poll and see what people think actually.
Edit: That low tiers are empty is actually a myth. Tone down keep lords and they are perfectly playable.
No calmness was disturbed, but if someone is mistaken about something I will gladly help him recognize that he is.

The only poll I need is the 1000-1100 online people during prime time in comparison to the 500-600 people before the changes.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm

When you struggle, then it is because how you play.
Your rank is only one factor out of many.
If you want to get better at the game, quit searching for excuses why you lost the fights.

This might sound harsh but you lost because you make mistakes and the damage you got is based on such mistakes.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:Sorry if I disturb the calmness here saying that tier merge was horrid. I have actually asked quite some many people and in tells they do not fear to express what they believe. Let's make a poll and see what people think actually.
No calmness was disturbed, but if someone is mistaken about something I will gladly help him recognize that he is.

The only poll I need is the 1000-1100 online people during prime time in comparison to the 500-600 people before the changes.
But if you could get the full 1400 with a few tweaks, would you say no thanks?
Rip Phalanx

Hargrim
Developer

Post#38 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm

lefze wrote:But if you could get the full 1400 with a few tweaks, would you say no thanks?
I want full 20 000. Also, there are whole 3 source devs now, sot indeed the progress is as swift as it can be.

Ads
CaledorTree

Post#39 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Still people missing the point COMPLETELY.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm

CaledorTree wrote:Still people missing the point COMPLETELY.
Or maybe it's not the people...?