Recent Topics

Ads

Lowbies in t4.

Let's talk about... everything else
Collateral

Re: Lowbies in t4.

Post#71 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm

The game is definitely not finished. But instead if complaining like this and saying that everything sucks, you should acknowledge that certain changes made the game better. The evidence you collected is that the current rvr merge was better for the game. That's a fact. Now it's time to refine that system, and maybe implement new ideas. So you can forget about live. Forget about changing the tier system. Make up something that can improve the current one.

Ads
Collateral

Post#72 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Collateral wrote:Yes people zerg. But this not because you are lowbie and thry are 70+. It's about the rvr system, mainly bos and keeps. If there is nothing to do in the zone, of course people will naturally converge into a blob, then fight the other blob. It's all you can do right now. But I talked about this in another thread, so I won't repeat myself.
You still didn't gave any good idea for a solution of the 'zerg problem' ;).
I thought you didn't completely dismiss the idea about bos. I gave you everything I thought would change the zerg problem. Giving meaning to objectives, which means giving strategy to the campaign. Another idea is to increase the rate at which abilities and tactics are unlocked, so people don't have to blob to feel stronger.

CaledorTree

Post#73 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

@Hargrim: Make me a fast account of the cases you have admitted you are wrong. Perosnally I feel wrong for even posting my thought about the system efficiency in this specific forum addressing its devs. Giving negative feedback is labelled "Whining, complaining, qq'ing".
Edit: @ collateral: Man, quote me saying "everything sucks". I have been tracking this project since June 2014, when even stats did not work, so I know VERY VERY well what has been changed and HOW important this is. But if we remain content about the past and suggest nothing we do not evolve. What do you think? should I make several posts about each one of the changes made that I liked? This would be foolish and total spam. Simply because I have liked everything else than Lord reset system and Tier merge.
Last edited by CaledorTree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#74 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I thought Yali proximity bo system won't work in T2+ and I was wrong and I admitted it.

Bam, done, one example should be sufficient.

CaledorTree

Post#75 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Hargrim wrote:I thought Yali proximity bo system won't work in T2+ and I was wrong and I admitted it.

Bam, done, one example should be sufficient.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
I like you!!! :)
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Collateral wrote:I thought you didn't completely dismiss the idea about bos. I gave you everything I thought would change the zerg problem. Giving meaning to objectives, which means giving strategy to the campaign. Another idea is to increase the rate at which abilities and tactics are unlocked, so people don't have to blob to feel stronger.
I don't dismiss it and I think it might be ok addition, but not a solution to the zerg problem. I don't see connection between one and the other.

Also prior to the merge most people was R40, not below that and zergs still happened. The solution of that time was to open new zones - and they are open now and... Mostly empty.

We can leave it at that, at least in this thread :).

CaledorTree

Post#77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Hargrim wrote: Also prior to the merge most people was R40, not below that and zergs still happened. The solution of that time was to open new zones - and they are open now and... Mostly empty.

We can leave it at that, at least in this thread :).
Yeah, because empty zone/keep rewards are bad. Also the most often empty zones are t2's that have already reduced rewards.
Edit: What I like, is that a negative feedback thread can turn into productive dialogue. People get stimulated to express their opinions with arguments, and solutions can be deducted.

Fallenkezef

Post#78 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:48 pm

OldPlayer wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote: Why? Is Dessie better somehow?
Of course not. More equal than the other.
But let's return to original point.
What point?

16 to 40 is simply killing time, learning how rvr and SC's work, learning class mechanics and farming medals/bags for when you hit 40.

OP basicly wants an easy ride to 40. We simply do not have the player base to support seperated tiers.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Wam

Post#79 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

In ROR he is in your bracket or you wouldn't of met...

you could PVE yourself to 40 if you are not wanting to run the risk of being a "lowbie" then you have to farm for your renown to catch up

It's a pvp game, you chose to enter a pvp lake... you died, why you have no accountability for your actions? look's like you are passing the buck to me...

you know the people who killed you was a lowbie once too... but put effort into learning and improving

Bolstered helped lowbies be more alot more competitive (in some cases as pointed out OP in right circumstance) who otherwise would be uncompetitive and forced to the PVE route to bypass DEAD t3 (or very inactive)

The Devs had a problem with population... you might agree or disagree with it but they fixed the problem with population (in terms of activity(numbers)... AAO/X-Realm is more complicated) and also made the campaign a little less repetitive with a mix of more maps... although it still can be fine tuned (rewards are less rewarding / out of date in t2/t3 per example)

If you want more small scale action in orvr... roam at non prime time EU, look for multiple pairings and go to the less active one... all choices available to you
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

CaledorTree

Post#80 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
OP basicly wants an easy ride to 40. We simply do not have the player base to support seperated tiers.
Correcting you: I want a balanced ride to 40.Those who have an easy ride are the 40's killing lowbies, as stated already. I dunno what you say, but every time I log in and check server population, I can clearly see that mid tier has sufficient players to make it enjoyable. :/ Atm 57 out of 458. But what am I talking about? It is already decided that this will not change.
@wam: You repetitively miss the point. Once more: Lowbies fighting lowbies, and 40's fighting 40's is more fair. But population issues and ONLY forced the tier merge. And since people prefer action and zerging over small scale fights that require skill, and where gear does not give you ANY advantage, nothing can be changed.
And when you consider options, you only count the viable ones. And right now the only viable option is the zergy/t4 zone or both.
Last edited by CaledorTree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.