Recent Topics

Ads

Lowbies in t4.

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Lowbies in t4.

Post#41 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm

lefze wrote:
All too true, which is why I used the word "force", not teach. It might not even be doable at this point, the quality of the RvR is indescribably bad, and the blame lies on the playerbase, and the playerbase alone.

Edit: Might not be doable without client control, but actually making killingblows/deaths in zone visible through other means than Enemy might go a long way in fixing the mentality. I would love to see kilingblows matter more in the game, as it is now the whole thing is just too obscure for most people to even get a clue about how bad they are actually playing.
People can see in SC how well they play on the scoreboard, not that scores matter much, but only people who are willing to become better care for such information.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Druin
Former Staff

Post#42 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:39 pm

All the screen shots your posted are of a character, who would be in T4 either way. The bolster after level 30 is much weaker that in the earlier levels.

There are also still plenty people who do just fine soloing.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

CaledorTree

Post#43 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:Still people missing the point COMPLETELY.
Or maybe it's not the people...?
Maybe it is...?
@Druin: Depends on the version. In the late days of WAR, just becasue being sub 40 in t4 was very bad experience for players, they changed lvl cap of t3 to 39. So technically I should not be in t4 yet ;D
Tbh all I can see is me trying to reintroduce a long dead system, because it suits my personal taste. Obviously I keep playing and having fun supporting my wb/realm/guild, getting quite a lot of xp (you can check my xp bar in the ss that I got quite some xp/rr anyway) and trying to improve. I also see the current system having space for refinement and improvements, but the devs are - rightly so - hesitant to go forth. I know that a big majority is required for something to be considered obsolete, and atm the orvr system seems quite affordable to a lot of people.
The only viable solution is to avoid playing when balance is not good (or simply x-realm, since I have many destro toons higher lvl than order ones), play when timezone is more forgiving and struggle like every1 else to get better gear. Ty for you rtime and attention.
Last edited by CaledorTree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#44 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm

CaledorTree wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
CaledorTree wrote:Still people missing the point COMPLETELY.
Or maybe it's not the people...?
Maybe it is...?
Go check your poll.

Aceboltz

Post#45 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Darosh wrote: Validating a bad argument by trying to counter it with a worse one...
This is more like a QQ thread than a valid argument I think...

A solo lowbie WL, who joined server on Dec 17, crying that he gets rekt...on the class that nomatches every destro dps classes ... irony at it's finest
It will be exactly the same at 40/40+ if he does not get good or tough skin.
This is for the QQ part.

Now about the part of how impossible it is to play a lowbie in 14. It's not if you group up and pay attention to you surroundings. And most important, others have pointed it out already: ->you can RvR before 40, you are not stuck in empty and boring T2 and T3<-

lefze
Suspended

Post#46 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Sulorie wrote:
lefze wrote:
All too true, which is why I used the word "force", not teach. It might not even be doable at this point, the quality of the RvR is indescribably bad, and the blame lies on the playerbase, and the playerbase alone.

Edit: Might not be doable without client control, but actually making killingblows/deaths in zone visible through other means than Enemy might go a long way in fixing the mentality. I would love to see kilingblows matter more in the game, as it is now the whole thing is just too obscure for most people to even get a clue about how bad they are actually playing.
People can see in SC how well they play on the scoreboard, not that scores matter much, but only people who are willing to become better care for such information.
Yah, and I'd go as far as to say people try much harder in scenarios than in RvR, and the scoreboard might have something to do with it. Too bad here aswell people focus on the wrong numbers, mainly damage, which is largely irrelevant in most cases. At any rate, some form of scoreboard should in theory add a lot of incentive to trying harder in RvR aswell. Having something to show you how well you are actually doing, as well as something to compare your numbers to is huge. Enemy scoreboard is the one thing that made me improve the most in this game, without it I'd probably be happily sitting in the zerg thinking I'm useful without actually doing anything.
Rip Phalanx

dansari

Post#47 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 pm

If we're using anecdotal evidence, I solo'd Grufrip's rr78 Choppa on my level 20 Slayer. System works fine.
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#48 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:46 pm

dansari wrote:If we're using anecdotal evidence, I solo'd Grufrip's rr78 Choppa on my level 20 Slayer. System works fine.
He was 10% health, stuck or afk?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#49 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Hargrim wrote:
dansari wrote:If we're using anecdotal evidence, I solo'd Grufrip's rr78 Choppa on my level 20 Slayer. System works fine.
Probably busy spamming his OI GET 'ERE YA GIT!! macros!

dansari

Post#50 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Nah he did have one wounds debuff though.
<Salt Factory>