Recent Topics

Ads

no cross faction chat

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

Re: no cross faction chat

Post#31 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:10 pm

believe me people, once ORvR means something through drops there will be a lot less X-Realm chat.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Telen wrote:
Sulorie wrote: So I will ask you: Aren't there more important things to fix/add/think about than cross-faction chat?
Faction definition is one of the core concepts of the game. Recapturing that is as essential as any core feature.
LOL ok, then we can stop this here. Not sure if anyone else would give faction-chat the same weight or priority as you are doing.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#33 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Sulorie wrote: LOL ok, then we can stop this here. Not sure if anyone else would give faction-chat the same weight or priority as you are doing.
If you end up with people just standing around chatting, dueling and drop swapping in orvr then it doesn't matter about the rest. You won't have orvr. Thats the only thing that war had over other games. If you don't see what an impact chat has on player mentality then you really don't know basic game design.

Archeage the latest rvr mmo has separate languages per faction. Sacrificing other skills you can train in language to communicate with the enemy. This is a great system as most players will not bother and keeps the faction divide. Those that really need to communicate across factions pirates or cross faction merchant guild leaders can. They did understand the need for a wall between the majority of a faction. Shame its an Asian mmo with singers and ladyboys.

Maybe limit xchat to guild leaders to organise fights while enforcing the faction division for the majority.

Kaitanaroyr

Post#34 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Telen wrote:
Sulorie wrote: LOL ok, then we can stop this here. Not sure if anyone else would give faction-chat the same weight or priority as you are doing.
If you end up with people just standing around chatting, dueling and drop swapping in orvr then it doesn't matter about the rest. You won't have orvr. Thats the only thing that war had over other games. If you don't see what an impact chat has on player mentality then you really don't know basic game design.

Archeage the latest rvr mmo has separate languages per faction. Sacrificing other skills you can train in language to communicate with the enemy. This is a great system as most players will not bother and keeps the faction divide. Those that really need to communicate across factions pirates or cross faction merchant guild leaders can. They did understand the need for a wall between the majority of a faction. Shame its an Asian mmo with singers and ladyboys.

Maybe limit xchat to guild leaders to organise fights while enforcing the faction division for the majority.
Don't know what private server you are playing but we get players gathered by talking with the opposite faction.
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Telen
Suspended

Post#35 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 am

Kaitanaroyr wrote: Don't know what private server you are playing but we get players gathered by talking with the opposite faction.
You still can. You go into rvr kill whoevers there. Dont chat just kill them. They then use their chat to gather players to go come and kill you. Then factions actually develop and rivalries begin and you have war back. Not second life warhammer edition. Right now people are just far too nice in orvr and don't want to upset their new chums.

In scs regularly all night theses 10-30+ on each faction fighting. Go into orvr which is much more interesting, random and evolving than scs and people are dueling or chatting. Why? Theres no defined sides like you get on a scoreboard and the chat adds to that.

Allorien

Post#36 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:18 am

If it really is super easy to type the code needed to stop xrealm chatting; I'm down for that getting bumped in list of things to fix/priority. I think xrealm chatting does contribute to the servers carebear feel. I understand people who state there is nothing to do in orvr/rewards are not there. You are right. The features of orvr on this server are not working yet. I just implore you to see the reason behind FACTIONS.

Who here ever remembers live RVR servers? Anyone ever feel an urge to help their FACTION defend against a city push? (The further back one played the better; around the time of the RVR Expansion Mythic was rewarding players for just showing up...sigh). I remember especially on DC when population was dwindling...going out to defend fortresses with a few alliance members and whatever pugs we could get. I was inspired to fight. To make sure my FACTION thrived and the other FACTION suffered as much as I could. And back then there was no reward for defending fortresses/city besides the reward of the fight/the RP if one can kill/possible defensive tic/and the satisFACTION players got from DENYING the other FACTION from getting GEAR (something the other FACTION really wanted so they could make it easier for their FACTION to prevent your FACTION from getting gear). Yes that is correct. There is pleasure involved in denying the other FACTION of precious shinies.

Some people here do not care. That is depressing. If I know I will get rofl-stomped if/when I leave the spawn during an sc, I will not leave the spawn. I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE THEM MY RP. Why do others think it doesn't matter?!? *Whispers...But it's an alpha* Yes you are right. This is in an alpha phase. We are just in t1. But re-inforcing this bad habit is going to spread the rp gap/gear gap divide once pugs get in t4. NO one wants random pugs thinking rp doesn't matter in t4 by letting them think its okay in t1.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:46 am

Telen wrote: In scs regularly all night theses 10-30+ on each faction fighting. Go into orvr which is much more interesting, random and evolving than scs and people are dueling or chatting. Why? Theres no defined sides like you get on a scoreboard and the chat adds to that.
No, SC are working better than ORVR, even with numeric imbalances, low rr/xp rewards, wrong scoring system. Guess why people play more SC than RVR?!
You can chat in SC as well but the fact remains, SCs have a goal with a reward. RVR is lacking in that department.

Give players a target to fight for and they won't have time to chat.
Dying is no option.

amputationsaw

Post#38 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

Don't bother us about cross chatting. Cross trading is a more important thing I guess

Ads
wender88

Post#39 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:21 pm

amputationsaw wrote:Don't bother us about cross chatting. Cross trading is a more important thing I guess
Or cross dressing?
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Zealote

Post#40 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:28 pm

wender88 wrote:Or cross dressing?
I fear I'm going off topic here but I can't resist, this was my Chosen a while ago... ;)
Attachments
pic.png
pic.png (101.75 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
Aetir