Recent Topics

Ads

Loot Bags and Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Draugris

Re: Loot Bags and Contribution

Post#21 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Alfinnete wrote:
sioding wrote:uhhh fascinating. i bet we get some awsome conspiracy theories...

*popcorn-nomnomnom*
"Do more, earn more"

That never worked for me. In fact it works super well with RDPS, with my SW and BW was easy ... with Slayer I never got a golden bag =)

*popcorn-nomnomnom*
Did never work for me either, i have gotten one golden bag when i was offline and maybe half an hour in zone. Tbh the whole system feels way more luck and rng related than anything else.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Caffeine

Post#22 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:31 pm

dansari wrote:It's basically accumulating based on how many times you receive a white bag, and each bag will have accumulating bonuses to your roll based on how many bags you've received since getting that color bag. This is unique for each tier, so a gold bag in T2 won't refresh your accumulator for a gold bag in T4. It is also unique for each color, so receiving a green bag does not refresh your accumulator for gold.
Is this really how it works? Can someone from the team confirm?
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:39 pm

system seems a bit random and doesn't really reward effort as much as the previous system did (not that its predecessor didnt have its issues - it did). think it's intended to give pugs more of a chance, but i find logging on to a purp/gold bag for minimal effort kinda luls.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 pm

I have had so far 5 Subju off hands, 9 genesis aspects . I still miss the subju weapon and 2 genesis set pieces . It is what it Is, the slow grind is fine, and eventually even 1 medallion at time u will be able to purchase a full conq set, the subj weapon/OH and genesis that's a different story. You either get lucky and get a purple + rng roll or you get nothing / double to what you already have.

I've seen RNG in pretty much any mmorpg , especially the asian ones, this in comparison is really swallowable. Just keep at it, it'll come.

To answer your question : loot seems to be rng , u hit 1 guy u get gold, u kill 1000 u get white, from personal experience what counts is how may white bags u've gotten, u reach a point where your bonus roll is so high even if u roll 1 u'll get 999 and win a gold bag. Same goes for any color.

Fallenkezef

Post#25 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Bacta wrote:It's Magic.
You are such a git, had that damn Queen song stuck in my head since I read that.
Alea iacta est

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Caffeine wrote:
dansari wrote:It's basically accumulating based on how many times you receive a white bag, and each bag will have accumulating bonuses to your roll based on how many bags you've received since getting that color bag. This is unique for each tier, so a gold bag in T2 won't refresh your accumulator for a gold bag in T4. It is also unique for each color, so receiving a green bag does not refresh your accumulator for gold.
Yes, that's how it works. Winning bags in lower tiers will not affect your bonus roll in higher tiers.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Coma

Post#27 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
I've seen RNG in pretty much any mmorpg , especially the asian ones, this in comparison is really swallowable. Just keep at it, it'll come.
while having no double will be a joyfull thing... i totally second this... simply the fact that you get something FOR YOUR CLASS and not simply a random item of that kind is already something BIG in respect to asian style MMO... even compared to WaR live server when drop from boss were totally randomized... I clearly remeber running crypt for N time to help a frined complete his sentinel and dropping tons of WL sentinel item with no WL in the party ^^' in the end that friend of mine managed to get full tyrant but never completed his sentinel ^^'

Coma

Post#28 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:36 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:system seems a bit random and doesn't really reward effort as much as the previous system did (not that its predecessor didnt have its issues - it did). think it's intended to give pugs more of a chance, but i find logging on to a purp/gold bag for minimal effort kinda luls.
based on what I've seen I don't think it is a matter or rewarding pug or rewarding effort... IMHO the key lies in the AAO effect on roll... you can do all you can and get as much contribution as possible... but if your faction outnumber the enemy chance of getting colored bag drop drastically... on the other end even if you don't really do that much but have a good AAO in your favor you still have a pretty good chance of getting colored bags...

this principle per se is not wrong but MAYBE it weight a little too much on the roll... having the AAO influence the chance to get colored bag is all good and fine but probably the amount of influence could be revised... but well analizing this require lot of data that we as player can hardly have access to so let's hope that the staff is monitoring this data (I think thay are/will) and get this sorted out in the long run ^^

Ads
Caffeine

Post#29 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Caffeine wrote:
Yes, that's how it works. Winning bags in lower tiers will not affect your bonus roll in higher tiers.
Thanks!
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Egoish

Post#30 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:45 pm

I don't really understand how ~80% of a guild warband can end up with white bags after spending 3 hours in a zone when the rewards are contribution based unless the rng portion is the most important factor.

I have nothing against this as i don't expect BiS gear on a plate but it's made blue bags more valuable than gold bags as you eventually get conq with tokens.