Loot Bags and Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Loot Bags and Contribution

Post#31 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Coma wrote:
Hardkoar wrote:
I've seen RNG in pretty much any mmorpg , especially the asian ones, this in comparison is really swallowable. Just keep at it, it'll come.
while having no double will be a joyfull thing... i totally second this... simply the fact that you get something FOR YOUR CLASS and not simply a random item of that kind is already something BIG in respect to asian style MMO... even compared to WaR live server when drop from boss were totally randomized... I clearly remeber running crypt for N time to help a frined complete his sentinel and dropping tons of WL sentinel item with no WL in the party ^^' in the end that friend of mine managed to get full tyrant but never completed his sentinel ^^'

I remember running the Altdorf 6 man dungeon and dropping gear for the Slayer, the Slayer was not in game at the time. That's how **** up Live was ;)

Ads
Coma

Post#32 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:19 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Coma wrote:
Hardkoar wrote:
I've seen RNG in pretty much any mmorpg , especially the asian ones, this in comparison is really swallowable. Just keep at it, it'll come.
while having no double will be a joyfull thing... i totally second this... simply the fact that you get something FOR YOUR CLASS and not simply a random item of that kind is already something BIG in respect to asian style MMO... even compared to WaR live server when drop from boss were totally randomized... I clearly remeber running crypt for N time to help a frined complete his sentinel and dropping tons of WL sentinel item with no WL in the party ^^' in the end that friend of mine managed to get full tyrant but never completed his sentinel ^^'

I remember running the Altdorf 6 man dungeon and dropping gear for the Slayer, the Slayer was not in game at the time. That's how **** up Live was ;)
the best was dropping order class set runing bileroot ^^'

Draugris

Post#33 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:05 am

I remember farming the sewers on live for the keeper set and it´s incredible broken auto attack speed bonus at that time :lol:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Wam

Post#34 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:52 pm

it's a random way of trying to please everyone but mostly to please pugs and stop same people getting dupes over and over like it use to be...

the answer is Quantity > Quality

where before you had to get alot of kills, run alot of supplies, take alot of bo's to get decent contribution then need luck with lol rolls (rip 750 + 2 roll)

It rewards people for little to no effort... so sometimes people don't bother to defend zones hard anymore because I want my zone lock = bag next zone rinse repeat... majority of people will always try to game the system instead of just fight hard...

For organised our reward is the fights themselves, but as for loot contribution is broken (rng Quantity > Quality) I've gotten better bags for 5 mins of fooling around... compared to 3 hours of intense wb fighting/leading.

From organised point of view under old system would of prefered master looter / pass / opt out option ... under new system grats on your white bag no matter how many hundreds you kill or being there from the start...

like it or loathe its just the way it is, does make organised feel a bit underappreciated though ... like why go to the extra effort, nerf after nerf... make positive things happen on wb scale in battle then win white bag... or assist killing 2 guys log off and get a gold :)

Also i know its tricky and really hard to get right / "perfect" balance or close too as possible...

I think T2/T3 rewards should be boosted a little... some people avoid those zones because lower reward

Also intense fighting for 2-3 hours = hundreds of kills with AAO = 700 RP for draw... taking pretty much empty keep with little action 4,000 renown... again rewards little effort more than real effort.

Personally I prefer rewards more action/fight based... but then I understand when a few people will get upset and scream murder with effective 6 mans... or groups like Phalanx / TUP / CNTK run away with contribution based on kills but it is a pvp game... so like i said its hard to get right balance for all so everybody gets a white bag and you have to wait your turn, self or group performance doesn't matter to be honest so just keep fighting zone after zone.

good luck with your rolls :)

to try and maximise your rolling, hit as many active zones as possible aim for 5-10 assisted kills minimum (capping bo's don't matter much anymore since guard removal and afk bo guarding) swap zones or characters... rinse repeat and you will be rewarded more than being part of a organised warband getting hundreds (or on a good day thousand +) kills stopping enemy plans :) but that is boring compared to sticking out a zone for better or worse and fighting to the last :)

I hope this helps some what... merry xmas
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

ragafury

Post#35 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm not even sure if things got better or worse.

I'm just glad I don't have to bother for the moment.

I got one weekend the whole spectrum of bag colors on my main and now for 3 or 4 weeks: nothing while playing 3/7 days for 4 hours. perhabs a greenbag or something.

On the other hand, the 2nd or 3rd bag my BG got was a gold (going straight 3-10 in 15 minutes and than afk), followed by a blue and now again white, white, white.
I don't know, it just feels random.

and also to tell the truth: I don't have the feeling that ppl. need to be tied to the game with chasing carrots and that the game has to hide behind a totally untransparent system, I rather would say they quit cause the progression is so random / strange. (chasing genesis for 2-3 months or chasing subjugator on a tank with 4 possible outcomes as an example)

but as I said, lucky me, I don't need to care anymore.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Fallenkezef

Post#36 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Never understood, with merged tiers, why T2 and T3 have different loot to T4.

May aswell unify the rewards if you unify the tiers
Alea iacta est

Egoish

Post#37 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 pm

The real point is subj and genesis though, as they are rng within rng. If there were a way to more reliable get blue or purple bags like downgrading gold or even an expensive bag with an rng roll bought medals it wouldn't be that bad, if it cost 150 conq and 300 soldiers for a blue amd double for a purple it would at least mitigate the rng a little.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#38 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Spoiler:
Wam wrote:it's a random way of trying to please everyone but mostly to please pugs and stop same people getting dupes over and over like it use to be...

the answer is Quantity > Quality

where before you had to get alot of kills, run alot of supplies, take alot of bo's to get decent contribution then need luck with lol rolls (rip 750 + 2 roll)

It rewards people for little to no effort... so sometimes people don't bother to defend zones hard anymore because I want my zone lock = bag next zone rinse repeat... majority of people will always try to game the system instead of just fight hard...

For organised our reward is the fights themselves, but as for loot contribution is broken (rng Quantity > Quality) I've gotten better bags for 5 mins of fooling around... compared to 3 hours of intense wb fighting/leading.

From organised point of view under old system would of prefered master looter / pass / opt out option ... under new system grats on your white bag no matter how many hundreds you kill or being there from the start...

like it or loathe its just the way it is, does make organised feel a bit underappreciated though ... like why go to the extra effort, nerf after nerf... make positive things happen on wb scale in battle then win white bag... or assist killing 2 guys log off and get a gold :)

Also i know its tricky and really hard to get right / "perfect" balance or close too as possible...

I think T2/T3 rewards should be boosted a little... some people avoid those zones because lower reward

Also intense fighting for 2-3 hours = hundreds of kills with AAO = 700 RP for draw... taking pretty much empty keep with little action 4,000 renown... again rewards little effort more than real effort.

Personally I prefer rewards more action/fight based... but then I understand when a few people will get upset and scream murder with effective 6 mans... or groups like Phalanx / TUP / CNTK run away with contribution based on kills but it is a pvp game... so like i said its hard to get right balance for all so everybody gets a white bag and you have to wait your turn, self or group performance doesn't matter to be honest so just keep fighting zone after zone.

good luck with your rolls :)

to try and maximise your rolling, hit as many active zones as possible aim for 5-10 assisted kills minimum (capping bo's don't matter much anymore since guard removal and afk bo guarding) swap zones or characters... rinse repeat and you will be rewarded more than being part of a organised warband getting hundreds (or on a good day thousand +) kills stopping enemy plans :) but that is boring compared to sticking out a zone for better or worse and fighting to the last :)

I hope this helps some what... merry xmas
I agree with your criticism about the new System, but the old system also had it disadvantages.With old System when you come late to the zone=no bags for you. leave Zone early=no bags for you. switch between open rvr and sc=no bags for you. and it was far easier to get a bag at low Population times.

the new system has its flaws (I am curious if contribution/time in rvr-zone matter), but is still an improvement.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:10 pm

We need a system that rewards effort and playing with other people, and dissuades from playing lulzy and doing **** all to get bags.

Fallenkezef

Post#40 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:We need a system that rewards effort and playing with other people, and dissuades from playing lulzy and doing **** all to get bags.
We need a system that rewards effort.

Pugs and solos often work hard for the greater glory.
Alea iacta est