Recent Topics

Ads

Loot Bags and Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Axerker

Re: Loot Bags and Contribution

Post#11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 pm

dansari wrote:
CeeJay89 wrote:Has it been confirmed, or is it just what's been perceived?
Confirmed from the dev(s) who coded it.

Personal experience is prone to be off/not provide concrete evidence. Not saying that it's working correctly or not working correctly because you'd have to be a dev to confirm, but loot is also RNG on top of the bonuses factored in, so getting two gold bags for not doing much is still a very real possibility (and does happen), but you remember it because of the gratification received. The eighteen white bags you got before that aren't memorable, so your perception is that it must be X because that's how you remember it, not because that's how it is. It's just human nature.

Oh, yeah I don't disagree. I got a good handful of White Bags - probably about 20 - across two different characters before finally getting a Gold Bag. I'm more talking about getting two back-to-back than getting them in general. But even that is a possibility, even if its a 0.01% chance.

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Axerker wrote:Oh, yeah I don't disagree. I got a good handful of White Bags - probably about 20 - across two different characters before finally getting a Gold Bag. I'm more talking about getting two back-to-back than getting them in general. But even that is a possibility, even if its a 0.01% chance.
Definitely agree!
<Salt Factory>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I got 4 gold bags in one week on a lowbie WH, along with probably avout a dozen white bags and one purple. Having AAO helps, IIRC. But a large part of it is RNG, without a doubt.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

oaliaen

Post#14 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:34 pm

i already have cumulated 16 white bags.

waiting for my gold then...

Stophy22

Post#15 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 pm

To my knowledge, and I read this somewhere but can't reference it because I am not at a computer and the internet here is very bad, your chance of getting a better (rarer) bag increases everytime You don't get that bag;

So if you get a white bag, your chances of getting a green-blue-purp-gold increases and until you inevitably get the bag you are seeking, whether it be gold or blue.

Of course you have a chance to outright get the rarer bags but some of us are unlucky and some of us are lucky I suppose.

Basically, keep playing. Keep getting bags. Keep getting higher odds for rarer bags.

TL;DR accumulate enough trash bags to appease the bag gods and have them bless you with a bag more suited to your endeavors.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Contributions are so dam weird I feel like their as randumb as loot boxes

On my Mara I participated is dozens of ~2hr long zone fights then get dozens of white bags and 1 green and a gold bag

Where as on my BO I half ass into fights 30 mid before a filp spam raze a couple a times and I get a purple 2 blues and a gold in that consecutive order

*shrug*

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:10 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Contributions are so dam weird I feel like their as randumb as loot boxes

On my Mara I participated is dozens of ~2hr long zone fights then get dozens of white bags and 1 green and a gold bag

Where as on my BO I half ass into fights 30 mid before a filp spam raze a couple a times and I get a purple 2 blues and a gold in that consecutive order

*shrug*
I'm not using any official numbers here.

Say putting in minimal effort lets you roll on the 2% chance to get a gold bag. That minimal effort rewards you a +2% bonus to get a bag. You roll a 10. Meh, white bag. +2 gets added to your contribution for next time.

Put in a whole lot of effort for that roll instead. Get a +10% bonus.
Suddenly rolling that 10 awards you the bag instead. But your contribution so far is used up.

Or say you roll a 30 both times. Minimal effort gives you that 2% bonus to your NEXT roll, where tons of killing gives you that 10% bonus to your next roll. Sure, you can do bugger all and eventually win bags. Or you can play like it matters and get loot faster.

That's all it really is.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fey

Post#18 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Beating a bit of a dead horse here, but it feels like healing nets very little contribution. My main shaman has won exactly two gold bags ever, including before conq was released. Zero purple bags. My squig and BO are much better off gear wise which is surprising as they are little played. I readily heal out of group so I'll maybe have to spec dps and see how she plays out with the rolls. Still like this system better than the old.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 am

earning contribution had not changed much.
roll part( individual, aao, bag color ) was the new change.

my theory :
there is the list of what gives contribution.
filling that list is 'do more'.
killing is just one of them. I think assist is not in the list.
so, mindless back&forth zerg fight don't add much to the sum of contribution.
set priority on the campaign.
resource is big part of it.
BO tick don't give contr. but attack/defence BO is campaign.
look for what your realm need right now.
foresee what enemies gonna do and stop it.
you need grp for that.
small grp have advantage at speed and collecting contribution.
leading & operating siege weapon( ram sure, cannons not sure )may also in the list.

My advice : don't play for contribution or k/d ratio. do the realm war. don't be hero, be foot soldier. fight and die.

ps. it's personal experience. big 'maybe' in every words.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 pm

It's Magic.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>