Leveling

Let's talk about... everything else
Renork

Leveling

Post#1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 am

Hai Friends..

So, I just came back and brought a friend along with me. I recall leveling being much faster last time I was here, is there a new efficient way to level or should I just grind PQ's? He leveled a SW to 15 but I convinced him to reroll to wl <3. I'm leveling a wh myself.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Leveling

Post#2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 am

Having reached 40/40 I can share some tips, based on my experience (and mistakes).

Ignore quests, even the T2 and T3 epic ones, not worth it.

Keep your RR up and do a mix of SC's and open RvR for the emblems and medals. Then do PQ's to get the ranks up.

The gear in the war quarter (both factions) will keep you well equipped at a decent price. If you are power leveling to 40, ignore the emblem/medal sets and just buy the greens as you level up and gear up.

When you get to 32, you can either grind ruin from PQ's or do what i did and grind the scs and RVr hard.

At rank 35/RR39 I had full merc and full anni so could completely ignore ruin. I had the level 34 emblem weapon and the level 39 emblem weapon by rank 37 so even the T4 epic quests where not really useful.

I basicly did my whole leveling in SC's and RvR but doing Pq's will be faster, just keep that RR about 4/5 ranks ahead.
Alea iacta est

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 am

Leveling normally hasn't changed. Most of the sneaky tricks to powerlevel have been removed however. We might have a nice boost for Keg End.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Renork

Post#4 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:06 am

Fallenkezef wrote:Having reached 40/40 I can share some tips, based on my experience (and mistakes).

Ignore quests, even the T2 and T3 epic ones, not worth it.

Keep your RR up and do a mix of SC's and open RvR for the emblems and medals. Then do PQ's to get the ranks up.

The gear in the war quarter (both factions) will keep you well equipped at a decent price. If you are power leveling to 40, ignore the emblem/medal sets and just buy the greens as you level up and gear up.

When you get to 32, you can either grind ruin from PQ's or do what i did and grind the scs and RVr hard.

At rank 35/RR39 I had full merc and full anni so could completely ignore ruin. I had the level 34 emblem weapon and the level 39 emblem weapon by rank 37 so even the T4 epic quests where not really useful.

I basicly did my whole leveling in SC's and RvR but doing Pq's will be faster, just keep that RR about 4/5 ranks ahead.
Beautiful, thanks.

Renork

Post#5 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 am

wargrimnir wrote:Leveling normally hasn't changed. Most of the sneaky tricks to powerlevel have been removed however. We might have a nice boost for Keg End.
Ohh that would be excellent, especially for returning players.

kmark101

Post#6 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 am

The most important advice when levelling is always log out in your capital city when you go to sleep irl. You will receive a very nice (rested) xp boost the next time you log in.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Draugris

Post#7 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:46 am

It depends a bit how fast you want to reach lvl 40. If you truly want to sort of power leveling i would grind pq´s. At lvl 35 i would go and farm Ruin set by T4 pq´s and i would do the T4 epic quests for the weapons. With that you are prepared to get your renown up when you reach lvl 40. I would stay away from scenarios, they are simply not consistent enough xp wise. Matchmaking is pretty horrible and if you loose and don´t kill at least something you end up with a few hundred XP´s, it is only lucrative when winning.

If you are more patient as others have said you should look that your level and your renown is on the same level and you hit lvl40 and rr40+ the same time. This imo will benefit you more in the long run because you earn currency for gear on the way and also get a feeling for your class in pvp.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

vianiznice

Post#8 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 am

Pick a class that can spam aoe, find a friendly healer, be out of party then go ham.
If you can't do that, find a spot where you can grind stuff w/o suffering too much dmg.
Both these are very fast but your brain will turn in to mush or you'll fall asleep.

oRvR may be a lot slower than those two, but you'll have fun doing it.

Ads
Haojin

Post#9 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:38 am

Leveling one toon isnt a problem, major class changes which forcing people to level a new toon is.

Leveling should be easy due to alpha state of server. We cant test different classes cause leveling 6+ toon is simply boring.

Level 16+ is a good thing for casual players, not for competitive ones. Game starting from 40 level for most classes.

Still cant understand whats the reason behind it if you want more feedback.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn