Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Queue SC / Solo Roam RvR / Zerg surf

Let's talk about... everything else
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Re: Solo Queue SC / Solo Roam RvR / Zerg surf

Post#11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Krima wrote:I think he means KD, Fetch, moral 1 ?
From my experience, KD and Fetch do not ignore immunity.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#12 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:06 pm

OldPlayer wrote:
Krima wrote:I think he means KD, Fetch, moral 1 ?
From my experience, KD and Fetch do not ignore immunity.
Dont ruin the lad's hyperbole with facts
Alea iacta est

Axerker

Post#13 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Krima wrote:
OldPlayer wrote:
Axerker wrote: But White Lion also has 3 CC's, two of which go through CC immunity, so you can CC anyone for about 8-10 seconds for free nonstop damage).
Can you name them, please? Always eager to learn how to get 8-10 seconds of free nonstop damage.
I think he means KD, Fetch, moral 1 ?

Yeah, those. Sorry for not listing them out. The moral is an immobilize, so they can still perform actions. But assuming you're using it after your Knockdown and Fetch, they'll be panicking from being at 25-50% health anyways and first reaction is to move or anti-CC, which won't work on morale I believe.

The KD and Morale are fine, plenty of classes have comparable options. Its more that Fetch ignores CC immunity, and if you use it at melee range it turns into a 3s knockup. It shouldn't do the full animation, it should only shift their character until they get within 5 ft (and not work while CC immune). What's worse, is an unlimited amount of White Lions can rotate through Fetches and keep you suspended in the air forever (if you have enough White Lions).

A lot of roaming groups take 2 White Lions specifically for this. They both pounce, knockdown, fetch, fetch. Target should be dead before the second Fetch is over.
Last edited by Axerker on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axerker

Post#14 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Knockdown does not ignore CC immunity, but Fetch certainly does. I've been Fetch'd three times in a row, back to back to back on multiple occasions. I don't join the bandwagon on "White Lion is OP", but that's the one thing that pesters me about them.

Its definitely possible Marauder has the same capability, but I don't know.

Edit: If I'm wrong, I apologize. I can only speak from my own experience. I don't have a White Lion, so I can't speak for it actually occurring or not. There seem to be a lot of bugs with CC immunity. I can Knockback enemies once in a while (probably 10-25% of the time) when they're CC immune, even if its during a CC, 1 second after a CC, or 15 seconds after a CC. It doesn't work everytime, but I've chained a Knockback after I see an enemy getting knocked down enough that if I see a CC immune enemy near a ledge by themselves enough times that I'll risk the Knockback rather than wait until their immunity goes away. Works pretty often, but not a majority of the time. So, I know I can do it (Chosen using Repel) against CC immune targets 10-25% of the time. White Lions are the class I encounter that have more of a 75%+ chance of bypassing CC immunity with Fetch more than anything else.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Being fetched three times in a row certainly sounds like a pretty major bug.

Also KBing someone after KDing them is working as intended, those are separate CC immunities
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Axerker

Post#16 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Being fetched three times in a row certainly sounds like a pretty major bug.

Also KBing someone after KDing them is working as intended, those are separate CC immunities
If you mouse-over the debuffs, don't both say Knockdown and Knockback? My Knockback gets immuned on both debuffs most of the time.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:50 pm

? No. Get buffhead. Knockback is a separate immunity from knockdown. Knockback shares immunities with roots, knockdown shares immunities with stuns (dunno if any exist in game, functionally identical to KD iirc) and staggers. Essentially, one is movement based (i e. preventing you from moving, or moving you involuntarily) and the other is action based (i.e. you can take no actions until this effect ends, or is broken; e.g. damaging a staggered target).

You will notice there are two different icons for these immunities as well.

Axerker

Post#18 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm

I am using Buffhead. Perhaps the problem is that Repel is considered a Knockback and a Knockdown (Knockdowns monsters, Knockbacks players)?

I've seen both debuffs (individually), and get the Immune notification when I try to Repel on either.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Well, no. All knockbacks knockdown mobs instead of knocking them back. This sounds like a bug, either in-game or of your buffhead.

Axerker

Post#20 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:03 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Well, no. All knockbacks knockdown mobs instead of knocking them back. This sounds like a bug, either in-game or of your buffhead.
Or I am doing something wrong. That is always a possibility. I'll try to actively do Knockbacks on enemies with each debuff when I can play next. I can't rule out the possibility that in the moment I'm looking at the buff wrong or something. I think its unlikely, but I have to consider it to be possible.