Recent Topics

Ads

How "Hard" is Iron Breaker [and other dwarfs]

Let's talk about... everything else
orillah
Suspended

Re: How "Hard" is Iron Breaker [and other dwarfs]

Post#21 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 am

Do not want to start any holywar, but cmon... Its not the first time i read people say this game is hard and need alot of keybinds, its seriously not. Right now its 2 times easier than wow, and that is without using macro's. Its perfectly easy to keybind 36 buttons, and y not going to use even half of them most of the time. Just a laptop, no gaming mouse.

P.S. Feel free to play any class, they not hard, only class specific mechanics will maybe require some time master.

Ads
scarr0

Post#22 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 am

orillah wrote:...Right now its 2 times easier than wow...
Dafuq?
When was your last time you played WoW?
On my mage i need about 5 buttons. thats it.
Every class in WoW needs round about 5 buttons right now (i heard feral needs more atm).
Since the last addons, WoW got easy af.

ragafury

Post#23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:56 am

My arms warrior back in tbc matches from amount of abilities and "complexity" pretty much my BO. With my arms warrior though I had to care more about specific debuff uptime (rend, Ms) and proccs (overpower) while also switching via macro gear + stance in combat for self heal, defensive charge and spell reflect. Yadayadayada.

I heard that wow got a lot streamlined. I haven't played since wotlk.

It's always the same, come from a background and transition is more easy. (e.g. LoL to dota2, 1.6 to go)

But IB is definitely one of the harder classes the game has to offer, at least if you want to play semi proper.
From my pov I tried to write it really generalistic.
Imo IB has effiency issues. That's what I wrote if you read in between the lines.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

dansari

Post#24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 am

From one of my guildies with a 65+ IB: if you really want to commit to IB, then do it. If you don't want to put in the work, then just don't bother :lol:

He also said it's order's best group tank when it's played well. But finding people who play it well is the kicker
<Salt Factory>

Fallenkezef

Post#25 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

Aye, IB needs commitment but many say it's rewarding.
Alea iacta est

Thamor

Post#26 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 am

IB is only good if you understand the mechanics and can keep swapping oathfriend around. If the only thing you can do with tank is putting guard&oathfriend in beginning to 1 person and don't know how to swap oathfriend around for the buffs then you aren't really maximising the class.

But this said, if you like to play then play it. Nobody can tell you what to play. You asked how hard it is, and IB is the best or at least equal with Kotbs as main tank/support tank for Order. As SM is just plain bad if it's played in full tanky mode.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

hogun

Post#27 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 am

when we play from the beginning are IB we learn has placed these shots in order, and the more we do it the less there is need to go see where we click it becomes automatic.

when we play are IB since the small lvl without PL and we also take correctly what buff debuff is necessary. Yes there is a lot of buff / debuff but following the fight all are not useful. after there are "burst" damage that following his spec is always the same but still very short anyway.

so nothing difficult. and when I talk about mousse-click it is to say that the class (see all classes) are accessible even to old players like me who never exceeded the mousse-click (it is of course that other system must to be faster ... or not ...;))

and in my opinion it is the most interesting tank class of the order because of its variety of action the IB can do

and seeing that I'm the most capped IB ... my opinion must have counted ... or not :D :D
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

orillah wrote:Do not want to start any holywar, but cmon... Its not the first time i read people say this game is hard and need alot of keybinds, its seriously not. Right now its 2 times easier than wow, and that is without using macro's. Its perfectly easy to keybind 36 buttons, and y not going to use even half of them most of the time. Just a laptop, no gaming mouse.

P.S. Feel free to play any class, they not hard, only class specific mechanics will maybe require some time master.
The game may be easier in the sense that there is less competition due to smaller playerbase and no esport (though arena is basically a non entity as esports go, very few if any dedicated pros and low viewership) but mechanically, WoW isnt anymore difficult than WAR in terms of PvP. Arenas are only 2v2 and 3v3 now, and in pretty much all circumstances there are two ways to win: burst down enemy while healer is cc locked for 6+ seconds, or wait 15+ minutes and win after dampening has made it so all healers have effective 75% heal debuff. Such small teams mean only a small amount of comps are viable, and comp vs. comp is more important than player skill. Slightly more complex specs like Unholy Dk and Survival Hunter are vastly outperformed by faceroll literal 3 button specs like Frost Dk and Marksmanship Hunter.

Only period in WoW pvp where this wasnt the case was late Wrath and late MoP. Late Wrath is generally considered the high watermark for pvp balance and even then, I dontthink the game had a higher skillcap than WAR, it just had a far more competitive scene behind it.

Also, RBGs (10v10) are imbalanced messes and revolve entirely around stacking 2 classes that can do ranged aoe damage and just spaming that plus aoe snares while exactly one spec of one class gets used to run flags. All tank specs are nonviable for pvp, and there are a couple dps specs that also do not function well in pvp at all (Outlaw rogue, which is rebadged Combat with pirate themed wrapping, and Survival Hunter, which is meme-based melee hunter spec, like White Lion but minus a chromosome).

I like WoW mind you, and it certainly has a different attitude to competition, but its not harder than WAR. Stuff like healdebuffs, guard, and punts are all mechanixally more difficult than anything in WoW pvp atm.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Good points ^ WOW 3v3 imo was still a lot more skill-intensive than anything WAR offers but, on the whole, there isn't much difference. WOW just had 100000000 more people interested in competitive stuff, whereas here we have like 3 people.

Play an IB if you want a challenge, a class that can work well solo and in group play.

Leecifer

Post#30 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 pm

I find that IBs have a lot of thinking on your feet. You gotta be able to use the right ability at the right time so you need to be constantly aware of the flow of the fight. The IB has a very high skill ceiling, yet, you need to perform at a pretty
high level to make the class viable. Making it one of the most rewarding classes to master.

And you need to be cool with having a million keybinds
Last edited by Leecifer on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman