Recent Topics

Ads

How "Hard" is Iron Breaker [and other dwarfs]

Let's talk about... everything else
Crenshaw

Re: How "Hard" is Iron Breaker [and other dwarfs]

Post#11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:29 am

Be prepared to having a lot of binds. As i play my IB longer i find need for more macros, situational skills , potions to keybind. ATM i have 3 bars fully keybinded for use in battle and 4th for some misc stuff like mounts or crafting, while on any other classs i usually manage with 2 bars only.

If thats not a problem for you than IB can be massively rewarding for effort put into mastering class.

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#12 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:03 am

Breidr wrote:I've gotten a Chosen to T4 and the character plays fine. I'm still in the process of learning, but I'll get there.

I'm not really feeling the Chaos vibe and was interested in another race, dwarfs. I keep reading about how complicated an IB can be, so I'm a little worried. I don't have my heart set on IB, but of all the dwarfs he's my favorite.

I just want to be dwarf and send greenskins to meet Mork.
The difficulty in playing IB is the micromanaging involved with the class abilities and the awareness to know what buff to use and when. Depending on your build and situation you're going to have to manage around 4-6 buffs on yourself and your oathfriend + a few debuffs on the enemy + the tanking stuff and ofc the rest of your rotation. If you like and are good at micromanaging buffs and you are able to adapt quickly based on the situation, IB is the class for you.

I discourage playing it as an alt character tho, taking long breaks from the class and then learning how to micromanage everything again takes a bit of time.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Halhammer

Post#13 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 am

I shall be on s+b IB very soon.

Witness me!
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

StormX2
Game Master

Post#14 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 am

hard to deny those sweet Tactics Dwarf gets, so sweeeeeet.

hogun

Post#15 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 am

it's even easy enough to play IB, it just takes a little common sense. those who play with NB or full of macro should learn to do without it would be much better. personaly i am a mouse clic with no key-bind.

finally the IB 2M is for duel (it is probably not the best spec for duel in my opinion) but it is not the most useful for a group against it is good for the ego :evil: and some think that having a big hammer does it all :lol: !. IB 2M does not exist in warhammer history elsewhere :). the philosophy of the IB is the solidity and the buff of these companions and especially the other Dwarves! and be the the most painful possible for the opponents !

and as everyone knows ... the Dwarves are the most beautiful!

ps : if you whant to be a horrible IB with 2H :D all volgograd video are very good and particularly the beginning with is good analyses about resist.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Draugris

Post#16 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 am

hogun wrote:personaly i am a mouse clic with no key-bind.
Don´t want to start the clicker vs keybind argument but how are you able to keep track of whats going on around you when you click skills ? I never managed to be able to do it when i tried it so i kinda have to make keybinds, but i am old,so maybe that´s why :lol:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

tionblack

Post#17 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Draugris wrote:
Don´t want to start the clicker vs keybind argument but how are you able to keep track of whats going on around you when you click skills ? I never managed to be able to do it when i tried it so i kinda have to make keybinds, but i am old,so maybe that´s why :lol:
You can start this arguement because no way in earth you will do better than average without keybinds with all those skill numbers there. Sciencetific fact you wont be that fast to click,move,look around,turn the cam around ... IB Needs razer naga or pianist keyboard :D

Personal choice ofc but i want to try BG for sure.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 pm

tionblack wrote:
Draugris wrote:
You can start this arguement because no way in earth you will do better than average without keybinds with all those skill numbers there. Sciencetific fact you wont be that fast to click,move,look around,turn the cam around ... IB Needs razer naga or pianist keyboard :D

Personal choice ofc but i want to try BG for sure.

Pretty much this. I didn't use NB on Giggs, but just invest in an MMO mouse.

For some classes, I can see clicking working (look at Barracudax video in which he uses maybe 3/4 skills at most), but on an IB? Masochism in its purest form! :twisted:

Ads
Osred

Post#19 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm

About grudge management BG wins because they dont have to slot a tactic in order to get offensive hate gain.

I also believe IB has the highest chance to be crit in the game like Blorc. So having fun with renown points is a no go.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Darosh
Banned

Post#20 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

From a S&B guardbot perspective:
Spoiler:
1. Pick up a group.
2. Sort out your composition, figure out what buffs your derps offer.
2.1. Bonus point round: Get your derps to stack avoidance and get their initiative to atleast 250 - your oathfriend buffkit and HtL will now work as guard-lite. Win the game.
3. Strip whatever overlaps from your rotation (armor, toughness, ...).
4. Get used to floating guard AND oathfriend.
5. Prioritize parrybuff, HtL, magic bubble, willpower buff and challenge - corp buff is optional, pop it however before you start the AP feed for the haste buff it grants you, that is if you can count on being hit by fancy lights.
6. Feed your deeps AP and the critbuff - if you can/need feed your AP-dependent healers (mind the ranges) and slap a critbuff on them, too.
7. Slap Kneecapper on mdps (rdps AND healer, if you have opportunity to do so) and the armordebuff on whatever target your deeps pick (stack it with M1 if you have the opportunity to and don't need to M3/4 it up) - note: prioritze assisttrains with your Kneecapper (-25% crit is an amazing tool to kill bursts), and whatever else is glancing at your squishies, of course.
8. Sort out your CC toolkit, ignore the root unless you really need to create space between squishies and meleetrains to reset a fight; use your AoE snare tactically, don't just mindlessly spam it - sort out single threats with ST snare; strip guards with your punt; interrupt rezzes/vital groupheal or deeps-casts, yadayada.
9. Use rune-etched/shieldsweep on cooldown in large engagements if you have procs worthy to spread (Redeye/BL) - you should, of course, mind roots/staggers; don't brainafk.

Long story short, guardbot S&B IB comes down to babysitting your group. It hardly comparable to other tanks in the game (in terms of actual support that is - SM/Blorcs are basicially the other side of the coin with proper assist, KotBS/Chosen are classes you can brainafk with and still do fine; barely lose any potential with), besides maybe BG, tho BG's buff toolkit isn't as useful and has a generally worse uptime.
You won't spend much time actually assisting with deeps (unlike SM for example). You'll spend most of your time buffing, HtL dancing and floating your stuff.
Abbd.: Of course you can go 2h offtank with an IB and bring 'proper' (assist-)deeps to the table, but I for one am satisfied being guardbot ~ babysitting five headless chicken and sporting a deeps rotation isn't for me. You could potentially run a more offensive guardbot, too. Its up to preference, composition and format.
TLDR: Its manageable and given stacking hierachy (or what there is left of, legend has it and so on) you can cut your rotation down to a reasonable kit. You certainly do not need nerfedbuttons to perform well, but I'd suggest you put alot of effort into figuring out good keybinds and learn some trigger discipline - there is nothing worse than grudge-starving yourself or wasting GCDs by hammering on the buffs mindlessly.

Abbd.: To take into account what has been written directly above my post: You gotta learn to manage your grudge battery, pop it on whatever gets the most hits in as the engagement starts, from there on you'll float your Oathfriend like your guard to allies that are being focused on anyways (preferably seperately and temporarily, its guard-lite after all) - so, you shouldn't really run into grudge issues. If you however (solo)roam, well, its a bit more stressful to manage but IB has tools for that, too. I personally prefer guardbotting away ~ poke Volgograd to share his teachings.