Recent Topics

Ads

Tanks Guard

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Tanks Guard

Post#31 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:03 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Pretty sure most WB tanks also prefer wounds because that is only thing which mitigates morale damage. Could be wrong though, havent played tank in a while now.
You prefer all

-all talisam are armor one because thet's the only place where you can increase armor
-you stack avoidance because reduces both your dmg /guard dmg (insert slayer rampage here for rekt anything)
-you want wounds because morales and ap+ to keep hold the line up+ crit reduction for when something bypass avoidance
-then you want tough because the more tough you stack the less dmg reduction you have proportionally from armor and resistences so is basically the less efficent thing to stack right now. if you reduces 100 pre tough if you increase tough you then reduces 96 for exemple so ye total dmg are lower but instead reduces 4 dps as on what is wrote on character sheet depending frmo your stack you reduces 2, 1 or even 0,25 dps..

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#32 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Having read the entire thread... pretty twisted.

I'd suggest you, OP, to heed the words of high RR tanks in here, and maybe wait with the theorycrafting and takes on balance; class/archetype integrity, until you've made your fair share of experiences in all formats and grasped the various mechanics.

Keep in mind you can test stuff yourself, if you don't find information on the forums or the answer you are being presented with isn't thorough enough.
Also, most people answering you (in this thread; on the forums in general) have played their archetype for ages ~ you might want to restructure your question, or give a heads up as to what you'd like to discuss going forward.

Axerker

Post#33 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Darosh wrote: I'd suggest you, OP, to heed the words of high RR tanks in here, and maybe wait with the theorycrafting and takes on balance; class/archetype integrity, until you've made your fair share of experiences in all formats and grasped the various mechanics.
High RR means someone only has more time than you, and means nothing about their skill or intelligence. You can AFK at generators for weeks and hit 60+ RR easily, without ever right clicking another player. I didn't mention any requested balancing, and nothing in this topic has anything to do with specific classes (within an archetype, i.e. Chosen vs BO vs BG vs KotBS vs IB vs SM).
Darosh wrote: Keep in mind you can test stuff yourself, if you don't find information on the forums or the answer you are being presented with isn't thorough enough.
My original post explains this, and the forums is a place for knowledge - I got the answer I was looking for within 1-2 responses. It deviated from there into other questions/topics.
Darosh wrote: Also, most people answering you (in this thread; on the forums in general) have played their archetype for ages ~ you might want to restructure your question, or give a heads up as to what you'd like to discuss going forward.
I'm not saying any one of those who responded are bad at either the game or their class. But I would point out that playing for ages does not mean anything. If you're a bad player, you'll remain bad no matter how much time you put in. Knowledge and understanding increases with time, inherent skill does not. My question was structured explicitly, and effectively, seeing as I got my answer right away (for both questions). As for giving a heads up what I would like to discuss prior to posting, please explain how that is possible, because that is literally a logical impossibility.

Overall, I appreciate your feedback, but none of it is thought out, you may want to restructure your response before responding going forward. You said you read the whole thread, but your responses make it seem like you didn't even read the original post or any after it, except the drama.

Darosh
Banned

Post#34 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Spoiler:
Axerker wrote:
Darosh wrote: I'd suggest you, OP, to heed the words of high RR tanks in here, and maybe wait with the theorycrafting and takes on balance; class/archetype integrity, until you've made your fair share of experiences in all formats and grasped the various mechanics.
High RR means someone only has more time than you, and means nothing about their skill or intelligence. You can AFK at generators for weeks and hit 60+ RR easily, without ever right clicking another player. I didn't mention any requested balancing, and nothing in this topic has anything to do with specific classes (within an archetype, i.e. Chosen vs BO vs BG vs KotBS vs IB vs SM).
Darosh wrote: Keep in mind you can test stuff yourself, if you don't find information on the forums or the answer you are being presented with isn't thorough enough.
My original post explains this, and the forums is a place for knowledge - I got the answer I was looking for within 1-2 responses. It deviated from there into other questions/topics.
Darosh wrote: Also, most people answering you (in this thread; on the forums in general) have played their archetype for ages ~ you might want to restructure your question, or give a heads up as to what you'd like to discuss going forward.
I'm not saying any one of those who responded are bad at either the game or their class.
But I would point out that playing for ages does not mean anything. If you're a bad player, you'll remain bad no matter how much time you put in. Knowledge and understanding increases with time, inherent skill does not. My question was structured explicitly, and effectively, seeing as I got my answer right away (for both questions). As for giving a heads up what I would like to discuss prior to posting, please explain how that is possible, because that is literally a logical impossibility.

'Prior to posting', wut? Butchering it just for the argument's sake, fml.
If it is a 'logical impossibilty' to make your mind up and steer the discussion towards a specific topic, you might want to refrain from telling others that they are confused ~

Overall, I appreciate your feedback, but none of it is thought out, you may want to restructure your response before responding going forward. You said you read the whole thread, but your responses make it seem like you didn't even read the original post or any after it, except the drama.

You've asked a question, you've got several answers, you've given your take take on it, you've got told off ~ you start to tell people that what they write is not what you want to read, all the while reiterating parts and bits of what they've written in order to embellish your spin - neither responding properly to the criticism, nor really taking account of it.
What exactly is the point of asking a question about mechanics that are so fundamental - and easily tested - that the inquiry is bound to tip everyone off as to how inexperienced of a player you are, and subsequently jumping into portrayal?

Platitudes ~ try to phrase them so that they don't contradict each other, next time. Aside from that, it should be - and it invetiably is - obvious that I refer to players that are worth their salt, not to average joe happily pugging away. There is a pattern, you know?

However, while we are at it, how about you drop 'skill' and the notion that you could determine someone's intelligence by looking at their performance in a videogame. Dropping these petty terms and conceptions might help you quit the portrayal, some day.
Best of luck, matey.

Axerker

Post#35 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:
Axerker wrote:

So, you're saying you disagree with GMs, and think their opinions are not valid? I can only assume you highlighted my opinion because you disagree with it. If you want a second opinion, take a look at Penril's signature. I'll take his vote over yours. It is, after all, the side of logic - seeing as there is literally nothing preventing you from reaching RR 80 without killing a single player given enough time. But, what do I know, I'm just the idiot that notices the game literally gives free RP by standing still. Silly me. :)
I'm not saying any one of those who responded are bad at either the game or their class.
But I would point out that playing for ages does not mean anything. If you're a bad player, you'll remain bad no matter how much time you put in. Knowledge and understanding increases with time, inherent skill does not. My question was structured explicitly, and effectively, seeing as I got my answer right away (for both questions). As for giving a heads up what I would like to discuss prior to posting, please explain how that is possible, because that is literally a logical impossibility.

'Prior to posting', wut? Butchering it just for the argument's sake, fml.
If it is a 'logical impossibilty' to make your mind up and steer the discussion towards a specific topic, you might want to refrain from telling others that they are confused ~

There is nothing to make up my mind with. Both questions were relevant to the same topic. If I had asked about Guarding, then "What is the CD on Morale skills?", sure, bash away for changing topics. The two I posted go hand in hand. It seems you're confused again.

You've asked a question, you've got several answers, you've given your take take on it, you've got told off ~ you start to tell people that what they write is not what you want to read, all the while reiterating parts and bits of what they've written in order to embellish your spin - neither responding properly to the criticism, nor really taking account of it.
What exactly is the point of asking a question about mechanics that are so fundamental - and easily tested - that the inquiry is bound to tip everyone off as to how inexperienced of a player you are, and subsequently jumping into portrayal?

I never wrote that what people wrote was what I did not want to read. I thanked them for their feedback,
and gave my own opinion. People "telling me off" are just the people that don't know how to communicate respectfully. There was no embellishment. I'm at a bit of a loss how you are getting such perceptions, other than you more than likely just being a judgmental individual who likes to start internet arguments, rather than being useful. I can't fix you, so you do you, and I'll do me. I responding exactly properly to the criticism. When comments were out of place (i.e. irrelevant to the topic, NOT disputing my own opinions), I called them out. When they offered their own opinions, or facts, about the game and how it is played,
the feedback was gratified. I'm really starting to wonder if you read any of this topic, because you're not saying anything factual. You say the mechanics are easily tested, and they are - within a group. It would take longer to get someone to stop doing what they are doing to group with me, and go obtain testing results within a controlled environment than to simply post on the forums for people to answer who have the answer already. This is literally one of the purposes of the forum. If everyone went and tested things for themselves, there would be almost no forum posts. Why? Because the majority of topics is about people asking information that they could get for themselves in a certain amount of time. Why bother asking what is currently the strongest melee class for soloing (a current topic) when they could just go test it themselves by making one of every single melee class and finding out on their own? Oh? Because it would take longer than getting people's feedback who have already done so? Hmm. That seems odd, probably shouldn't do that. Better spend the next 6 weeks leveling every melee class to achieve my own results, and disregard the resources available. I've never claimed to be experienced at this game. I'm asking questions to get answers. That's the extent. Someone who has never played the game can form theoretical opinions on how things work -
as I did - and they could be wrong or right. If you cared to read the post, you'll notice that while I voiced opinions on the way functions work, such as Guard, and made statements that gave theoretical evidence as to why I could understand some people not using Guard in PvP, I still stated that I still Guard. I still shift Guarded targets as the situation changed. Despite acknowledging that Guard reduces your own survivability, which makes players choose not to Guard. Should they Guard? Yes.
Can you make them? No. Do DPS get mad when they don't get Guarded (and the Tank isn't Guarding anyone, not just another member)? Sometimes. Should they? No. Unless you're in organized play, you should never expect to be Guarded. Just hope you are.

Platitudes ~ try to phrase them so that they don't contradict each other, next time. Aside from that, it should be - and it invetiably is - obvious that I refer to players that are worth their salt, not to average joe happily pugging away. There is a pattern, you know?

This game is for all players. If you want to be an ass and disregard the players who you deem "worth their salt",
because their enjoyment means nothing to you, then I can't change your personality and apologize that you are not a respectful person. You need to broaden your perspectives to include everyone, of all play styles and personal opinions, and not just your own. It isn't hard to do. I have accepted your opinion, and respect it. Though I obviously disagree, you still get to have one.
I expect the same respect from you, and if you don't want to give that respect, so be it.

However, while we are at it, how about you drop 'skill' and the notion that you could determine someone's intelligence by looking at their performance in a videogame. Dropping these petty terms and conceptions might help you quit the portrayal, some day.
I didn't say their intelligence. I said their inherent skill. People have natural abilities that make them more or less inclined to tasks and actions. There is a difference between skill level and inherent skill, but they are linked. If a player cannot comprehend something, no matter how many attempts they try, their inherent skill restricts them from mentally being able to perform the task well. This is entirely based on who you genetically are. Having a high inherent skill does not mean that your skills will ever catch up to it, though. You need to put in the time and effort to increase your actual skill level, to work towards your inherent skill maximum potential. This is all getting really, REALLY off topic.

Best of luck, matey.[/quote]

Best of luck to you as well. My vote is that we cease this conversation, because this is getting off topic, and extremely irrelevant. If you wish to respond, then alright. I will no longer be responding in order to prevent this topic from getting further from the original intention. Know that if you do respond, I respect your response/opinions, and hope you enjoy your week.