Recent Topics

Ads

What player type is needed most - Order

Let's talk about... everything else
Axerker

Re: What player type is needed most - Order

Post#61 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:You do realize that the potential Conq emblem gain and renown gain is far superior from farming enemies than sitting on BOs/Flags alone and refusing to work with the rest of the team when it comes to gaining most out of a single scenario session?

No one logs in to RoR thinking about "finally I can do my daily hold the flag session", rather I suspect most are "yes, time to advance my char again" or "muahahaha lets get the stabbing started".

After RR 40 your "bonus renown" gain from "winning" a SC is so low anyway, a 550 gained or not gained is like a drop of piss in the sea; so might as well play for max fun, which usually in pvp games is about doing pvp.
Please read the context before posting. This is for pre 40/40.

Ads
Axerker

Post#62 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Situational awareness, really. While I understand the sentiment, and agree that people should try and help with objectives, if you are the only healer in your group/entire SC, your primary focus ought to be keeping your teammates up - and then the nodes.

Tell them what to do, tell them to capture the flags, but stick with them if you are their only heal. Ultimately, if they persistently fail to do what you ask, form a group with likeminded people (in this thread alone, you can see there are several people who would love to capture flags with you) and, thus, alleviate such concerns entirely.

Also I agree with Aura.
I do attempt to communicate with the teammates, without barking orders (since that usually makes them just ignore you more). This is all in a pug setting, not in a group/premade - and sub 40. Obviously results would be different if it were group queues, and my priority of renown/xp would shift to medallions/emblems at 40/40+ when the only goal is to save up for gear.

shaggyboomboom

Post#63 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
Axerker wrote:

There is literally no reason to assist a team member if they aren't trying to win the game. They're a waste of a slot.
Do I hear the faint chant of the USSR anthem in the background?
That's enough from you for a while.

Axerker

Post#64 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:40 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Axerker wrote:

There is literally no reason to assist a team member if they aren't trying to win the game. They're a waste of a slot.
Do I hear the faint chant of the USSR anthem in the background?

Please only post relevant responses.

peterthepan3

Post#65 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Axerker wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Situational awareness, really. While I understand the sentiment, and agree that people should try and help with objectives, if you are the only healer in your group/entire SC, your primary focus ought to be keeping your teammates up - and then the nodes.

Tell them what to do, tell them to capture the flags, but stick with them if you are their only heal. Ultimately, if they persistently fail to do what you ask, form a group with likeminded people (in this thread alone, you can see there are several people who would love to capture flags with you) and, thus, alleviate such concerns entirely.

Also I agree with Aura.
I do attempt to communicate with the teammates, without barking orders (since that usually makes them just ignore you more). This is all in a pug setting, not in a group/premade - and sub 40. Obviously results would be different if it were group queues, and my priority of renown/xp would shift to medallions/emblems at 40/40+ when the only goal is to save up for gear.

If it's in a pug setting then you're lucky if you get anyone doing anything right :D

umjuway

Post#66 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Would be nice if order had more tanks but it sucks being one when you're expected to hold the front line and you're one of the few order tanks.

Foomy44

Post#67 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Axerker wrote:
If you're playing SCs for emblems via killing, you need to go do oRvR/WB.
RvR gives medallions, not emblems, don't see how that advice makes any sense.

To OP, the answer is almost always healy healers and tanky tanks.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Darosh
Banned

Post#68 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 am

dreadlockno1 wrote:Hi, I'm just about to create a character. I haven't played in a while, my previous main characters have been healers which I have enjoyed.

I am choosing to play Order as the balance of power seems to be shifted to destruction ATM

My question for order players.....when playing scenarios and PVP/RVR what type of characters do you always seem to lack? What character would be the most valuable if I was to level one up? Do you always think, darn we need more healers,DPS, tanks etc...
People that play in a group; people that are trying to actually form groups to begin with, people that respond to /5 requests, people that communicate - give intel, coordinate pushes, assists, ...
The list goes on, but revolves around a certain theme, you might have picked up on it already.

However, you can play whatever class you fancy most - the player > class, especially if you do the above. Don't become a pug, thank you very much. I feel like a parent telling his child not to start smoking ~

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#69 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 am

Darosh wrote:
dreadlockno1 wrote:Hi, I'm just about to create a character. I haven't played in a while, my previous main characters have been healers which I have enjoyed.

I am choosing to play Order as the balance of power seems to be shifted to destruction ATM

My question for order players.....when playing scenarios and PVP/RVR what type of characters do you always seem to lack? What character would be the most valuable if I was to level one up? Do you always think, darn we need more healers,DPS, tanks etc...
People that play in a group; people that are trying to actually form groups to begin with, people that respond to /5 requests, people that communicate - give intel, coordinate pushes, assists, ...
The list goes on, but revolves around a certain theme, you might have picked up on it already.

However, you can play whatever class you fancy most - the player > class, especially if you do the above. Don't become a pug, thank you very much. I feel like a parent telling his child not to start smoking ~
Show me a child who actualy listened
Alea iacta est

Darosh
Banned

Post#70 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 am

Fallenkezef wrote:
Show me a child who actualy listened
Shush - don't pop my dreams. The circlejerk in Reik today was bad enough.