Ads

What player type is needed most - Order

Let's talk about... everything else
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: What player type is needed most - Order

Post#41 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:if you judge your worth as an IB by a factitious summary on a scenario board, and not: by the enemy tanks you bitch, the challenges and interrupts, the snaring you do, keeping your teammates alive so that you can win, the fact that you can CONTROL the battlefield if you're good enough...then lul.
If you can not write a post without veiled insults and an overly superior manner.....
Okay but he isnt wrong. SC scoreboard is fickle anyways. I can jump on my mara and KS people all day with Guillotine and look like a badass when in reality all Im doing is jumping on already done-for targets to pad my kdr, while avoiding all other engagements. Or I can spec wrecking ball and spam that plus demolition and top the dmg scoreboard while never actually contributing to anyone dying.

And yes, people definitely do stuff like the above just to see their name higher on the scoreboard at the end. We all seen it.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#42 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:if you judge your worth as an IB by a factitious summary on a scenario board, and not: by the enemy tanks you bitch, the challenges and interrupts, the snaring you do, keeping your teammates alive so that you can win, the fact that you can CONTROL the battlefield if you're good enough...then lul.
If you can not write a post without veiled insults and an overly superior manner.....
Lmfao. That fickle, huh? Discredit everything I said because feelings, k.

Unbelievable. Let's implement some numbers to make you feel that the class is working then :D
Slightly off topic but your comments are fascinating from a pyschological viewpoint.

I find it interesting when people can not manifest the cognitive ability to hold an opposing view without resorting to childish behaviour.
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#43 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
Okay but he isnt wrong. SC scoreboard is fickle anyways. I can jump on my mara and KS people all day with Guillotine and look like a badass when in reality all Im doing is jumping on already done-for targets to pad my kdr, while avoiding all other engagements. Or I can spec wrecking ball and spam that plus demolition and top the dmg scoreboard while never actually contributing to anyone dying.

And yes, people definitely do stuff like the above just to see their name higher on the scoreboard at the end. We all seen it.
I am not arguing his point, my ego can survive someone not agreeing with me, I'm arguing the childish way of making it.

However some folks measure their performance via scoreboard, some folks prefer simpler mechanics and so on. This is why there are several different classes with different ways of playing. Everyone can find a class and style to suit them.

No for folks like peter to be demeaning because someone holds an opinion he disagrees with.
Alea iacta est

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:17 pm

I literally gave you a list of ways via which you ought to be measuring your worth as a tank, and then said 'lel'. You decided to get offended. That's your prerogative, mate, but alas! I can do no other.

You have to tread across egg shells with some people on these forums...

Telen
Suspended

Post#45 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 am

Swap guard and you instantly make it into the top quarter of tanks

anarchypark

Post#46 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:58 am

scoreboard is the trap.
it lures ppl to tunnel vision.
good players score high numbers but high score doesn't mean good player.
taking SC board serious only indicate that their experience is limited. thus want to prove themselves worthy but once again through wrong method, sc board.
infinite trap, right?
I understand how hard to escape it as dps.

look beyond numbers.
it's the veil covering your sight.
you can see a lot more without it.
tank must have that wide view.

hope you good luck with balancing power.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

grease

Post#47 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 am

smart ones, those are needed the most.
ones that can understand english even a little so when we say GET DOWN FROM THE STEPS AND LEDGE in lord room they can understand.

Axerker

Post#48 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:10 pm

anarchypark wrote:scoreboard is the trap.
taking SC board serious only indicate that their experience is limited. thus want to prove themselves worthy but once again through wrong method, sc board.
infinite trap, right?

look beyond numbers.

The problem with this is that a lot of players are just doing SCs to farm RR. The game is counterproductive in what you're suggesting because the players who ignore nodes, captures, or helping teammates get less renown than those just getting high KDRs. KDR influences RR greater than anything else in SCs. I've won games before and my entire team had less renown earned than the entire enemy team because they had twice the amount of kills and didn't go for any node control. That is STUPID.

There is no incentive to winning the game, except your own personal goals for winning. The people just zerging get better rewards (more renown, more experience, more emblems/medallions) than those who are actually trying to win by playing tactically. I love SCs, but there's nothing worse to me than literally achieving less rewards than the losing team after winning. Either reduce the effect of KDR on xp/renown, or give the winning team 300% larger of a bonus at the end (which is way too much). At least 50% of the winning team should always have much more renown than the opposing team. You are rewarded for kills, and pretty much only kills. I spend the game capturing nodes, backdooring, keeping the enemy from taking over the node so we can win, and I earn 50% of the renown than if I had just went and killed everyone in the zerg. What a joke.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#49 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Axerker wrote:
anarchypark wrote:scoreboard is the trap.
infinite trap, right?

look beyond numbers.

The problem with this is that a lot of players are just doing SCs to farm RR. The game is counterproductive in what you're suggesting because the players who ignore nodes, captures, or helping teammates get less renown than those just getting high KDRs. KDR influences RR greater than anything else in SCs. I've won games before and my entire team had less renown earned than the entire enemy team because they had twice the amount of kills and didn't go for any node control. That is STUPID.

There is no incentive to winning the game, except your own personal goals for winning. The people just zerging get better rewards (more renown, more experience, more emblems/medallions) than those who are actually trying to win by playing tactically. I love SCs, but there's nothing worse to me than literally achieving less rewards than the losing team after winning. Either reduce the effect of KDR on xp/renown, or give the winning team 300% larger of a bonus at the end (which is way too much). At least 50% of the winning team should always have much more renown than the opposing team. You are rewarded for kills, and pretty much only kills. I spend the game capturing nodes, backdooring, keeping the enemy from taking over the node so we can win, and I earn 50% of the renown than if I had just went and killed everyone in the zerg. What a joke.
if your priority is rp, do the killing and objective both. why walk only 1 path.
in my case, emblem has more value than rp. so i focus on SC vp. rp is just bonus. 500 or 1.5k i don't care.
fyi, rp from killing getting less as ur rr goes up.
i don't understand your issue.
'my playstyle is not the best way for reward' ???
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#50 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:39 pm

There's doing the objective, and then there's doing the objective while being the only healer in the team and ignoring your group completely :D 8-)