Recent Topics

Ads

So let me get this straight.....

Let's talk about... everything else
Orcpacolypse

Re: So let me get this straight.....

Post#11 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Maybe when game is stable and GM powers are available it would be an appropriate time for a character wipe and a good house cleaning. I've also noticed a few toons that have been online for well over 36 hours, maybe its time those people and the miserable little gitz that been around lately need to be sent on their way.

Ads
Vdova

Post#12 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:46 pm

TipToeInMyJordans wrote:
Vdova wrote:
neutrino wrote:We're playing a 90% broke 8 year old MMO and the first thing I see is 10 destro camping a level 11 boss for a stupid blue piece of gear that I'd decon any other day of the week, while Order feels they need to glitch exploit RVR and others debate whether to use weapons that hit through walls or not. This is what we waited for lol.

Well the game may need patching but the QQ'ing, trolls, hacks, and baddie game play is all back and patched fully.... :mrgreen:
And still even in 2015 there is NO better open rvr PvP MMO on the market....
Thats why it got closed December 18. Best Open RvR PvP MMO on the market.
It get closed because game didnt fill expectation to reach millions of subs. If devs stop working(balancing, adding content) the game it leads to population loss which leads to money loss which leads to game closing. It doesnt mean the core of the game was bad. No it wasnt. It just need more work.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:57 pm

If valve had taken the Regins and many monotized the game with appearance modification hats and one flat fee then mabye things could have been diffrent

Was war really that "niche"? Endless trial had a lot of peeps

I think ea just didn't want to pay GW license fee

rocketregios

Post#14 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:47 pm

haha yep best MMO ever, I'm working in my own MMO I let you guys know when I got plenty of stuff to show, ;)

geraldtarrant

Post#15 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 pm

neutrino wrote:We're playing a 90% broke 8 year old MMO and the first thing I see is 10 destro camping a level 11 boss for a stupid blue piece of gear that I'd decon any other day of the week, while Order feels they need to glitch exploit RVR and others debate whether to use weapons that hit through walls or not. This is what we waited for lol.

Well the game may need patching but the QQ'ing, trolls, hacks, and baddie game play is all back and patched fully.... :mrgreen:
+1
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 pm

You get a licence for 5 years, your game does not meet your godlike expectations, you grab the devs into Star Wars, you do not want to pay for licence further, nor will you get it from GW, you close the game. Your name is EA, you like Star Wars.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

porkstar

Post#17 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:48 am

This post gave me Ebona
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Arslan
Banned

Post#18 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:53 am

You should have been on when everyone was farming for the GL gear. You have no idea...

Ads
fatehasfans

Post#19 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 pm

neutrino wrote:We're playing a 90% broke 8 year old MMO...
I would agree and add "We're playing a 90% broke 8 year old MMO that was 90% broke".

I am a huge fan of pretty much anything Warhammer, I used to play TT and love the lore. Before this game was released I was playing WoW (before it lost it's way) and I had high hopes for this game as it was supposed to be the serious contender for WOW's crown. Sadly, for me anyways - and this is probably the wrong place to post this because I will most likely receive a bias response as most here would be considered hard-core fans of this game - the game never really lived up to expectations, I felt it was clunky, awkward, laggy and just plain impractical at times. From the glitchy and wooden animations to the awkward chat sytem, this game failed largely on the basics and this is where WOW triumphed, War should not only have achieved the basics but increased and satisfied their set expectations through the implementation of fresh ideas and heightened player interactivity and development to create a truly unique experience and thus living up to the hype.

Sadly, this game offered nothing new with the exception of a few small ability mechanisms - other than that it was more of a cardboard cut-out farm/grind world than WOW, yes the PvP was slightly different but if any of you had witnessed the opening of the gates of AQ on WOW then you would have witnessed true PVP, i.e. the entire server fighting against one another in open combat - sadly WOW didn't capitalize on this either and it was a one-off event.

I believe this game failed because it largely didn't live up to expectations, it sold the hype alright but in the end it was a poorly implemented bugged filled cardboard cut-out of WOW and I think most of the people who started here were already playing WOW and looking for a move away from WOW and when they realized they could do the same thing back on WOW only implemented much better and without crashes and lag, well, who wouldn’t go back?

I think EA took a risk, but a somewhat controlled risk, they knew they could sell this game on hype alone, albeit in the short-term, and after that they would play it by ear and if I’m a complete cynic underneath I reckon they knew it wasn't what was advertised hence the lack of long-term support so it was a case of pulling the plug without losing too much if things went tits up.

This brings me to this current version (this work in progress), I played for about a day then deleted the game, if I am honest I should never have come back here but I'm a ****** for nostalgia but sometimes that's a bad thing. I feel this game is simply too broken to ever get back on track and even if it does get back on track then it is simply emulating the same 'broken' game, so at best it would still be the same old wooden, glitchy non-interactive mess that it was before. Even though I am criticising the game I cannot deny the work that the current devs have put into it, and you all must be commended for your efforts and on a positive note the game is like a ball of putty now which you can shape at will allowing the possibility to create something fresh (albeit within the same restrictive sphere that I cannot be a part of). Also, the community has it's part to play and I think makes a hell of a difference to a game, a small yet loyal and mature community can be the difference, so with this game I could see the return of positive social interaction/values if nurtured properly instead of the current social situation endured by most current MMOs (and indeed online game) responses such as... "**** you noob", "your mom nig", "HAHA **** YOU" - (while said player refuses to participate in given battle/raid/event), are all too frequent these days so here there is definitely something to build on and I wish you guys all the best with it.

Telen
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:33 pm

fatehasfans wrote: snip
We're all aware of the problems with war. From its engine to its unmodded ui. Empty pve and derivative quests.
Still its had amazing artwork and setting making wow look like a pg kids games in comparison.Pq were a nice addition that had never been seen in mmos before.
Also the main difference is as you mentioned the gates event in wow. 200 man fights were common nightly in war which no other game since daoc has delivered. If you wanted rvr there really was/is no other option out there.