Recent Topics

Ads

Healing in RvR - renown

Let's talk about... everything else
Shalktonin

Re: Healing in RvR - renown

Post#21 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:20 pm

SilverWF wrote:
Druin wrote:Yeah bring back the live times, when you were standing in the zerg with WP spamming AoE heal and making 3 renown ranks in 30mins, while being absolutely useless.
Excuse me, but it never was like that, even at low lvls.
I can't agree, that AOE heal is absolutely useless.
And can't even imagine: how reducing RR gain for healing would change healer's gamestyle? They are still spamming AOE heal.

Healers are already punished enough (by overall game concept) - they would never be at the top of killchart, they are usually logging off with "-" in the K/D ratio etc.
WHy the hell would i care about my K/D ratio if I am healing. Are you complaining just for the sake of complaining now?
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Bozzax wrote:I just think healers shoul get rewarded for healing, tanks for reducing damage, dps (even hybrids) for killing and grps wb should be there only for sharing (all gains, kills, heals, mit)

In the end that teaches ppl to play correctly.
I'm actually actively looking into this, stay tuned.

Ugle

Post#23 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Good to hear!
inactive

Foltestik

Post#24 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:11 pm

on live it was sick, healers better stay off group (in scenarios for example) and get 10 times more renown then people in partys and heals shits. Im happy with this change here.
And im playing healer btw

Bozzax

Post#25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Foltestik wrote:
Druin wrote:Yeah bring back the live times, when you were standing in the zerg with WP spamming AoE heal and making 3 renown ranks in 30mins, while being absolutely useless.
that was awsome, ideal was blocking people under oil a then aoe heal them ... easy renown farm :D

ahhh golden times :D
A dok/wp could aoe heal and gain renown by AOE channel healing out of party allies 3s every 13s. The yield was (heal)/100 from players that had kills.

Zele/RP was the real pro leechers using quick spam ST

Afaik most early RR80 doks /wps actually was dps specced not heal specced (Bruglir comes to mind).

SCs was a tad broken though mostly because you gained win/kill renown as well as out of party heal renown. Like I said easy fix to a quite reasonable system.

Bottom line dps even on WAR was quicker to rr80 / end game gear
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Foltestik wrote:on live it was sick, healers better stay off group (in scenarios for example) and get 10 times more renown then people in partys and heals shits. Im happy with this change here.
And im playing healer btw
Not it wasn't 'sick". It was rewarding and stimulating to actually play healer, keep attention on surrounding allies, etc.
Playing alone still has a higher risks: noone can guard or buff you.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Akirg

Post#27 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

I have the same probleme i think: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10832

Jaycub

Post#28 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Zegota wrote:Out of group leeching was fixed long time ago. Now it promotes grouping up.
it promotes grouping up, but only with GOOD groups that can get kills. Any decent healer is going to stay far far away from pug warbands or pug anything for that matter. In the old system a good solo healer could tail a pug warband and get good renown hotting and keeping them up, but not anymore. The few times I saw good healers in pug warbands they where just afking for free RR and contribution lol.

Which is funny because what I do on my magus, and what a ton of other RDPS players do is the same thing but worse. We follow warbands/groups and steal their kills and use them as meatshields racking up tons of solo loot and RR. The playstyle is still there but only exists on RDPS now but instead of helping they are just a detriment and leech.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#29 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 am

Jaycub wrote:Which is funny because what I do on my magus, and what a ton of other RDPS players do is the same thing but worse. We follow warbands/groups and steal their kills and use them as meatshields racking up tons of solo loot and RR. The playstyle is still there but only exists on RDPS now but instead of helping they are just a detriment and leech.

Not only rdps can do it: tank tailing zerg and challenging / holding the line can get crazy amount of contribution and renown in rvr ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

kyrontor

Post#30 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 am

Just makes you wonder, does this "promote grouping" happens on DPS classes as well, by limiting their gains to an equal degree as healers, when they are solo?