Recent Topics

Ads

praying for a Marauder rework

Let's talk about... everything else
Loshan

praying for a Marauder rework

Post#1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 pm

I was wondering if there are any plans to rework the marauder a bit?

I hope i posted this in the right place?

It would be awesome if the 3 original mutations was renamed to "Gift of Tzeentch", "Gift of Slaanesh", "Gift of Nurgle" and made a "Gift of Khorne" alternative as no mutation.

In my head this makes a lot of sense, seeing its they are Chaos undivided(by the looks of icons everywhere), and at the moment the marauder is very Tzeentchy.

The most logical translation would be:

Gift of Monstrosity = Gift of Nurgle, Because of tankiness and sustain of the path.
Gift of Savagery = Gift of Slaanesh, Because of the nature it deals damage.
Gift of Brutality = Tzeentch, Because the marauder does not deal magical damage, Tzeentch has improved the marauders capabilities to deal damage.
No Mutation = Gift of Khorne, Because Khorne does not need enhancement, only the will and devotion of his followers.

The there first could stay as they are, but the last should get some enhancements like higher attackspeed, x% higher dmg for each consecutive hit, higher dmg as the health gets lower. And maybe 2 or 3 new skills. You get the drift of the path.

This might be a long shot, but it would make a longtime Warhammer Kharnate very happy!

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: praying for a Marauder rework

Post#2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm

moved thread, there is no immediate plans for a rework of mara as there are way bigger issues.

in regards to the tzeentch look is because in AoR you were made as a part of the raven host which has a primary focus of just that god so hence you are pretty much made to be a follower of tzeentch but perhaps not yet given his boon/mark.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm

You know.....i really wish gift of release actually....served some purpose

Being non mutated is straight pointless and so the whole gift of release button is just an annoyance that i accidentally click sometimes

A it is i dont think mara should get any real rework, it is the most general and viable destro melee option when compared to the pitable states of well atleast choppa for sure and nerfing mdps in the current rdps dominated meta is the probably worst decision to make

Loshan

Post#4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Natherul wrote:moved thread, there is no immediate plans for a rework of mara as there are way bigger issues.

in regards to the tzeentch look is because in AoR you were made as a part of the raven host which has a primary focus of just that god so hence you are pretty much made to be a follower of tzeentch but perhaps not yet given his boon/mark.

But it would be REALLY cool though, dont you think? :D

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Nope.

Fallenkezef

Post#6 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Tzeentch was considered the "safest" choice. Slaanesh takes a game from pg13 to r18, khorne has no spellcasters and nurgle is an aquired taste.

You can use selective armour and colour choices. My alt-chosen on live served Nurgle. Had the decayed green horse and green armour.
Alea iacta est

tazdingo

Post#7 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

a purpose for gift of release would be fun if only for flavour

i have no idea how high lvl mara works though. would some parry be broken? could stack WS and go man opener mode with riposte

Toldavf

Post#8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't believe we actually can rework into a multi god format.

We have to stick to the original law and cannot devate to far from it.

After all its not merely making profit that could earn this server a C&D from GW. If we stray to far from the original IP they might take interest and that is probably something we should avoid at all costs.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:Tzeentch was considered the "safest" choice. Slaanesh takes a game from pg13 to r18, khorne has no spellcasters and nurgle is an aquired taste.

Why is Undivided the safest choice?

You can hit every god aspect and it all works out

The whole raven host thing from the original was dumb, it shoudl have been undevided and then we could have had a lot more flavor for the Chaos faction from quests to hell even trophies

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Just dye your armor red and brass and wear a lot of skulls IMO. Khorne is a mindset first and foremost anyways.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!