balls

Re: RD and CW broken?

Post#71 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 pm

What about Quick Escape?

Ads
Charon

Post#72 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 pm

after good party (Rumjacks band had performance in Warsaw;) and some alcohol injection

Cw and Rd have been questionable for long time, however were good tools in 1 vs group focus and 6m v zerg play. With those changes only numbers become more and more important

From my perspective Cw was essential part of play, helped me to stabilize my rotation as melee wp

in the end i don't know what is more annoying, lack of cw tool or rather how under performing is melee wp without it (and im sick when hear that wp rework need to wait till devs get full launcher control... so generally means never)

generally time to skip under performing classes and stick with those that are best one.... currently in sc environment off tanks are all what players need... even more
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

dansari

Post#73 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 pm

I don't think it's fair to say client control will never come. The team makes strides every day towards it. I also think it's far too early to predict doomsday with the lack of CW/RD. Clearly they were overperforming abilities and, like UF, were removed so that balance changes could happen. I get that the normal state for some people is simply to complain, I just don't think it's necessary or healthy.
<Salt Factory>

Smellybelly

Post#74 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 am

I just wonder how anyone is supposed to even stand a chance against a decent WH/WE now. After the KD is done, your dead. End of story

Before this you could pop RD (IF you saw them coming) and deny them 3-4 seconds of cheese attacks that couldnt be countered any other way .

Now we all have to just bend over and smile.
Sure its your game, no question about it. But its not going to be fun for anyone who soloes on anything else then stealth classes.

The rumour mill says someone in a position of power lost a duel due to these abilites and got angry.

If this is true then i just stand in awe.

Redsun

Post#75 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 am

As much I loved and used these abilities...you did the right thing to remove them!
But like others said, I think it is now time to make more changes in cc abilities cause this is cc-hammer.
Polemos - Fuzzh - Baigon - Lengo
Mexicola - Fuzz

Aurandilaz

Post#76 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 am

Smellybelly wrote:I just wonder how anyone is supposed to even stand a chance against a decent WH/WE now. After the KD is done, your dead. End of story

Before this you could pop RD (IF you saw them coming) and deny them 3-4 seconds of cheese attacks that couldnt be countered any other way .

Sure its your game, no question about it. But its not going to be fun for anyone who soloes on anything else then stealth classes.

The rumour mill says someone in a position of power lost a duel due to these abilites and got angry.

woah, imagine if after all of this a ganking class actually becomes good at ganking...
It's not like they pay for it by having light armour and no Charge meaning total glasscannons with limited mobility when unstealthed.

Thing you could do after KD ends:
-Pot
-Pot
-Detaunt instantly
-punt them away
-Knockdown on the attacker
-root them
-silence them
-disarm them
-have an ally heal+cleanse you up or guard you so the damage doesnt kill you

It's not like WL/SW/SH/Mara will stop being able to hunt and beat WE/WH, and even good choppas/slayers will be able to defeat them with skilled gameplay.

Maybe it no longer will revolve around an "I Win" renown ability that makes you negate most of the enemy threat potential. ;)

And if you think losing RD+CW doesnt hurt WE/WH, oh boiii...

Smellybelly

Post#77 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:45 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
Smellybelly wrote:I just wonder how anyone is supposed to even stand a chance against a decent WH/WE now. After the KD is done, your dead. End of story

woah, imagine if after all of this a ganking class actually becomes good at ganking...

Its been said repeatedly, that they dont care about 1v1. And im fully aware of all the little tricks you might be able to pull off IF you survive, im not a moron but thanks for the list of obvious things to do when you are in trouble.

Tankbeardz

Post#78 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 am

Atropik wrote:Thats what they do xd Not sure about devs plans, but as it goes now, we are turning back to Deftard meta based on avoidance but not on TB.
Tankbeardz wrote:While I agree that it would have been nice to know about the changes ahead of time....I play all class archetypes, regularly, and I have managed to never use RD or CW on any toon (OK maybe once or twice for 5 minutes before my respec ADD kicked in). Generally, I do OK.

Think about the willpower buff that made healers INCREDIBLY resistant to casters....
Think about the changes to dots that make tanks even tankier (really, this affects all classes)...

I have always hated the over-reliance of these skills in PVP. The world is not over and life will go on.
Well if you do ok, id like to read how exactly you did ok as a choppa/sl against magus/engi without CW/RD. Some tips could help me a lot.
I didn't cry about the UF nerf and my engi still racks up about the same number of kills it ever did...
I did cry about the disrupt changes and my magus got hit hard but my tanks benefited big time.
I didn't cry about adding dot damage breaking stealth on my WH...one of the most gimpy classes in the game imo.

win some...lose some

We talking 1v1 here? 1v1 doesn't mean ****.

Choppa rolling with guard / heals > Engi with guard / heals in a premade all day long. Are you serious?
Not sure what SL is...squig lion?
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Coma

Post#79 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 am

Smellybelly wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:

Its been said repeatedly, that they dont care about 1v1. And im fully aware of all the little tricks you might be able to pull off IF you survive, im not a moron but thanks for the list of obvious things to do when you are in trouble.
well the story about not caring about 1v1 I'm not so sure anymore... after all they denied proposal for WE/WH changes based on the fact that thay work fine as ganker and are intended to be ganker and not WB materials... so... let the ganker play the ganker... at least they have something to do...

Dabbart

Post#80 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:27 am

If you die before standing up from KD, stack more wounds. Also, the other players around you could always pay attention, and drop a punt of some kind if they see a stealther KD someone. Lots of ways to survive that KD. If you are entirely on your own, then sucks to be you. Gitgud and you’ll die less.

I am going to miss the hell out of CW. Interested to know if it’s a gone and never to be seen again, or if tweaked/rebalancing RR cost/cd timer for the ability will be looked at eventually.

Also, will QE be removed as well?

@beardZ I think they mean SLayer. Which... mdps classes benefitted the most from the avoidance on dot check imo. Previously, you’d just get loaded and then die. Unless you had CW. Now, stack more disrupt and run with a healer that cleanses.

DoTs affecting stealth... both classes have an ability for 100% disrupt, and a morale. You can disrupt those DoTs to prevent them from breaking your stealth. Run as less of a glass cannon, and you will live long enough to get more DBs.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.