Recent Topics

Ads

RD and CW broken?

Let's talk about... everything else
Atropik

Re: RD and CW broken?

Post#61 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:06 pm

vladivoj wrote:Agree, good change. Now its just time to remove all CC from non tank classes.
Words of wisdom. Personaly you would be forced to play WE/WH after that.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Habsi

Post#62 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Very bad change.

Now the people stack attributes for parry/disrub/etc to get away from knock/pulling/etc.

Then dps classes cry even more.

Atropik

Post#63 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Thats what they do xd Not sure about devs plans, but as it goes now, we are turning back to Deftard meta based on avoidance but not on TB.
Tankbeardz wrote:While I agree that it would have been nice to know about the changes ahead of time....I play all class archetypes, regularly, and I have managed to never use RD or CW on any toon (OK maybe once or twice for 5 minutes before my respec ADD kicked in). Generally, I do OK.

Think about the willpower buff that made healers INCREDIBLY resistant to casters....
Think about the changes to dots that make tanks even tankier (really, this affects all classes)...

I have always hated the over-reliance of these skills in PVP. The world is not over and life will go on.
Well if you do ok, id like to read how exactly you did ok as a choppa/sl against magus/engi without CW/RD. Some tips could help me a lot.
Last edited by Atropik on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicelook | Obey

Hargrim
Developer

Post#64 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Atropik wrote:Thats what they do xd Not sure about devs plans, but as it goes now, we are turning back to Deftard meta based on avoidance but not on TB.
I thought we were there already for several months, if not years already...

Atropik

Post#65 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 pm

We are going deep, isnt it? I,plement TB, that would be a logical step in direction.
Nicelook | Obey

Kretschmer

Post#66 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Great news.
This is too good to be true.
Great devs.
Respect.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#67 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 pm

To get this straight: It was no ninja patch hoping that no one would notice, it was a too early pushed change thats why there is no patchnote yet. The existence of these rr abilities has always been questionable and it was no secret that there was a lot of tension whenever people were discussing them in the forums. The pros and cons have been on the table long enough for the team to forge an opinion, and we really dont ask much of you but to test these chamges before giving reasonable feedback. Whine on the first day wont help no one.

Aurandilaz

Post#68 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 pm

To all 6man players complaining about losing RD; you do realize that warbands also used it to the maximum? Nothing like 8 tanks popping RD and then doing uninterrupted Raze bomb to maximum efficiency. Now at least opponents can deploy CC to save them from maximal damage take, and it goes for both sides.

And once a large proportion of the playerbase uses RD to the max, you know its imbalanced. Both sides have shitton of CC, so it isn't a nerf to either side. Sure, there are winners and losers, but stop pretending its only about 6man gameplay, Warbands massively use RD as well, it affects all sizes of gameplay. 1v1, 3v3, 6v6, 6vx, 24vx etc...

As for CW, I used it massively, because it was damn good. Sure, my WE now explodes like a ragdoll, but that's just normal day in RvR anyway, death comes just few second faster. But from dot-dealing DPS pov, CW is gamebreakingly OP. You can do shitton of dots and debuffs and all goes poof with one ability.

Though I'm sure devs will offer better explanation with coming patch notes. :)

Ads
tazdingo

Post#69 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Habsi wrote: Now the people stack attributes for parry/disrub/etc to get away from knock/pulling/etc.
which just became much easier thanks to defensive attribute shakeup. adapt instead of depending on decade old metas

attributes have always been cut and dry, now they actually mean something. i don't see how this is a bad thing. RIP cookie cutter builds

Nabaro

Post#70 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Sad times for all mdps.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro