Recent Topics

Ads

RD and CW broken?

Let's talk about... everything else
Niakahn

Re: RD and CW broken?

Post#101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:48 am

kirraha wrote:I dont see dps wp having issues atm tbh. I see other classes struggle more but mostly its players playing solo in orvr hoping to compete with wb and 6man.

The few dps wp I see are in front swinging their hammer and are pretty hard to take down. I rly dont see a problem with not being able to cleanse all the dots you get. Or do you keep getting ganked by solo sorcs?
I usually play in 6man scenarios, which is where the problem arises. Being a melee WP, you've already got a huge target on your back. CW is not only our only way of taking ailments off ourselves, but also doubles in functionality as a distance closer. It takes care of snares, albeit for a little while, and with no other means of escaping, you're effectively a useless healer.
druin wrote:Ever tried to detaunt, have a guard tank or break LoS?
I always detaunt when there isn't a guard nearby to assist me. It's especially easy to be punted out of guard range, so it happens quite often. But even then, it doesn't help when sorcs are spread out past 30 feet, where aoe detaunt becomes ineffectual. Not to mention being unable to break snares, it's just all a mess without something like CW. Breaking LoS isn't always a possibility, especially on Black Fire Basin where RDPS reigns.

Ads
Orodret

Post#102 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 am

Interesting.
What i think it will create is environment with even more rdps, maybe even smthing like pirateship meta (some will know). Coordinated pushes into keeps/funnel breaking will maybe be close to impossible.
We will see. Might be a good thing.

kirraha

Post#103 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 am

Arena wrote:
kirraha wrote:This antnest is collapsing. Shall I poke it a bit more?

Try the changes before you run off into the horison claiming you wont play anymore. It will be interesting see how the fights will turn out now.
I tell you how it will be:
try to kill engineer or kotbs on a bridge and end up falling and swim in pve because you can't avoid knockback;
try to save teammate by guarding him - you knocked back and your team is dead;
enter scenario against 4 tanks and move 100% of time in 40-60% snare, unable to catch any target you want;
entering Tor Anroc - totally f***ed;
try to kill enemy healer and fail, because you can't make more than few hits before he run away and you can't do nothing about it
can't catch any rdd;
try to enter slim keep doors - snared, stucked, f***ed;
WL pounce on me and i can't avoid knockdown - i f***ed;
More than one dd start to hit me - i knocked down and f***ed;
if i play in melee premade against rdd premade - f***ed from begining;
if i play by melee class - i f***ed;
try kill somebody except shield tank - i f***ed;
try this - i f***ed;
try that - i f***ed;
I f***ed and can't do nothing about it.
that how i feel myself without resolute defence. I just f***ed. Now i either play by rdd class, or i f***ed.

Resolute defence shouldn't be deleted without knockdowns, either delete both, or let both stay.

Alright dont take my answer to serious and personal. I dont know why I haven cried my eyes out for some nerfs but hey. Looj at the classe I play. Magus, Shaman, Choppa, Blackguard.

I numbered the answers to you.

1. Don't engage enemies on bridges and cliffs. Its obvious a kb will inc. on you. Lure them.

2. **** happens. It's their job to knock the tank off the main target. Otherwise would be turd.

3. Also their job to keep you slowed. Slow them back and be annoying af.

4. Dont que that ****.

5. Healers should not get killed by a single dps. #Blamepano

6. You can sometimes if you're smart. Or avoid them.

7. Wat?

8. Stick to your team and detaunt the pet.

9. Outnumbered and/good ma from enemyside. Deal with it.

10. logical. Avoid or outsmart them.

11. Get a tank to guard or avoid meleeclass if you hate dying much.

12. Then you bad if you always ****. Practice and become better.

13. :c

14. Log off and calm down.

Atropik

Post#104 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:15 am

Dont engage, stay back, dont even try, avoid, get guard, join zerg, log off and calm down. Okay.

Motivation lvl 200
Nicelook | Obey

kirraha

Post#105 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 am

Yup. ;)

Rowanmantle

Post#106 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 am

Always been abilities that never quite fit the playstyle they were going for back then.
I'm glad it's gone. Will be interesting to test in all variations of RVR.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

lefze
Suspended

Post#107 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am

Niakahn wrote:I'd be absolutely fine with this change if sorc assist trains did not exist. As it currently stands, my melee WP is especially vulnerable to RDPS, despite stacking dd and disrupt. With no willpower to offset the int spell strikethrough, it's a dot heaven, really. But as I understand it, melee WPs are getting a revamp, so I'll be looking forward to those changes. Two weeks!
It's not like this is a melee WP specific problem, it's just how the game works. If you had to crutch so damn hard on renown abilities it's no longer playable with their removal, you should take the hint to improve your build/spec/comp/whatever else you are doing wrong.
Rip Phalanx

Collateral

Post#108 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 am

Wow, just wow. One stupid skill removed from the game and people crying like their children died. If the success of your entire gameplay revolved around the use of one specific skill, I feel like you should think about yourself a bit. Sure, it will be harder for some classes now, but it's not the end of the damn world.

Now it's time to start thinking about other things, and balancing accordingly. I hope the devs will think about the cc in the game now. The perma snare will now be stronger than ever.

Ads
Habsi

Post#109 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:03 am

tazdingo wrote:
Habsi wrote: Now the people stack attributes for parry/disrub/etc to get away from knock/pulling/etc.
which just became much easier thanks to defensive attribute shakeup. adapt instead of depending on decade old metas

attributes have always been cut and dry, now they actually mean something. i don't see how this is a bad thing. RIP cookie cutter builds
Yeah... Ofc... u know that you can Skill dodge parry etc?

attributes mean something. But the main attributes are in the background now.

Panzerkasper

Post#110 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:16 am

Collateral wrote:Wow, just wow. One stupid skill removed from the game and people crying like their children died. If the success of your entire gameplay revolved around the use of one specific skill, I feel like you should think about yourself a bit. Sure, it will be harder for some classes now, but it's not the end of the damn world.

Now it's time to start thinking about other things, and balancing accordingly. I hope the devs will think about the cc in the game now. The perma snare will now be stronger than ever.
Two skills :D
But wise words anyways.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen