Recent Topics

Ads

Theory Craft! More HP!

Let's talk about... everything else
KikkL
Banned

Theory Craft! More HP!

Post#1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 am

Why does everyone :roll: :roll: :lol:, at the suggestion of more HP? Why is it just instantly dismissed?
Why does no one want to have a discussion about it?

Its a fact. Players die fast. Not everyone is Pro/geared. There is a very small room for error when fighting some people.

Higher HP = Longer life, chance to get away LIVE.
It would MAKE you work with others more, If it took 3/4 High geared dps players to Kill any Squishy player..
Defensive Tanks would actually become tanks and very hard to kill.
Defensive skills in general would have more effect.

The greatest thing would be Having to work/stack abilities, focus on players. Not 1/2 people get a few dots on you = Death.
A dps comes up on you = Death. a Group of players morale bomb you = Death.
Those things should NOT APPLY in a group based game. Having such little HP gives players with high DPS a huge advantage over players in general. DPS in general is this games main fault. Higher HP solves most of the problems this game faces.

Yes some players you wouldnt be abel to kill. But some players are designed To be NOT killed.
Yes it would take A LOT more effort/strategy to bring down some players/win.
Scenarios are not based around killing, they are based on objectives. You do not technically have to kill anyone to win in this game.
So why the emphasis on such low HP, high DPS? Its horrible design.
Who wouldnt wanna live longer? Only people that would have a problem is the pure dps who cant gank you anymore.

Higher HP, maybe you would have a chance to turn the battle against someone WHO raw bursts damage you to death in 3seconds.
And dont tell me dieing in 3seconds doesnt happen. Because we all know it does and it can happen from 1 person, not 3/4 as it should be! When you can press 3/4 buttons on your skill bar and someone dies.. Just horrible.
Its also the reason SO many are timid in a fight. Because they know at any moment they can die. So they shriek hide away in back and barely contribute with buttons ready to flee, instead of fight!(tell me Im wrong)

Advanced theory below: Noobs not apply.
And what would happen if ALL healing in the game was tripled? OR if all shield/absorb type skills in the game were doubled?!
There are so many ways to improve things. Its ridiculous how fast a person can die from absolutely nothing and how quick!
Im not sure how I can be the only person with this viewpoint?
Tell me, what would be so bad with more HP? Besides taking longer to kill someone, if in fact killing isnt even necessary?
Maybe its better you guys just stay in your little boxes where its safe. :lol: :lol:

Ads
daniilpb

Re: Theory Craft! More HP!

Post#2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:36 am

Crystal clear for me : pug issue.
Have you ever 6v6 mate? 24v24? In SERIOUS environment where every member of a group does it's role CORRECTLY, tanks are hard to kill, healers are tough and dps have enough windows for decisions.
The game currently has only one "problem" : moral bombing. And HP increase would just destroy other aspects of the game outside zergplay, which can be countered only with moral bombing (lol such a paradox).
I'd better like to see DMG increase for RvR, so people wouldn't have to moral bomb because today they just CAN'T deal enough damage without morals.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Luuca

Post#3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 am

#PuGlife
#meleehealz
#DPSChosen
#Badpositioning
#Wrongfriends

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:53 am

Well, here's a story about going full hp. About a decade ago i started playing WAR, i **** around with quite a few classes and abilities for a while until one blessed day i picked up "Gift of Monstrocity" on my mara. My foolish young mind (not that it's any better now) instantly came up with a grand idea! I would create A TANK MARAUDER that went around being unkillable and spreading debuffs and kds! Being the dingus that i was, instead of building up tufnes or armor or resistance or mitigation or any other stat that increases effective hp in a sane manner, i instead went full wounds. The end result was that when i reached rank 40 i was sporting around 8000-8500 hp through the usage of various bits and pieces of frankstein wounds gear, and i lost all that hp in about 5 seconds while the DoK i was usually partenered up with didn't bother to heal me most of the time because i was a lost cause.

Long story short, effective hp > actual hp especially if one takes into account that all this boils down to dtps vs hps, no matter the burst.

Annaise16

Post#5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:00 am

Extra hp aren't necessary. There are plenty of currently existing ways to improve survivability. People just need to be encouraged to use them.
Last edited by Annaise16 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toldavf

Post#6 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 am

Basically the suggestion boils down to trivial blows. Trivial blows made time to kill take longer, a higher wounds pool will do the same and that's basically what you are suggesting.

This would work against pugs horribly.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Annaise16

Post#7 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:25 am

Toldavf wrote:Basically the suggestion boils down to trivial blows. Trivial blows made time to kill take longer, a higher wounds pool will do the same and that's basically what you are suggesting.

This would work against pugs horribly.
I am somewhat bemused by the ban on TB while the use of Futile Strikes is allowed.

Futile Strikes is probably better at reducing damage than TB in the game's current incarnation where crit rate bonuses are low. TB is better against toons with high crit rates and large crit damage bonuses. FS is better against toons with lower crit rates.

TB was only better than FS during the Sovereign+ era because of the high crit rate bonuses that could be achieved with the sov/doom/warp offensive gear.

szejoza

Post#8 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:43 am

As in most games, big health pool doesn't prove useful if it's not supported by some kind of avoidance, with big HP you just become heal sponge and drain your healers AP instantly (or they will ignore you for good and let you die)
Spoiler:

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 am

Back on live tanks used to run with 10-11k wounds, Slayers could go up to 8-9k and you can imagine how long it took to kill the really skilled ones. But those who couldn't utilize enlarged HP pool died in the same timespan (as with anni/conq 6-7k) or 1 second later.

What makes me happy about RoR is that toughness and initiative give you more survivability than wounds. Recent dodge/ disrupt buff opened up new ways to boost survivability even more.

And let's not forget that we are still at the T4 entry level armour sets (conq). Imagine HP pool with warlord / sov...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Collateral

Post#10 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 am

NSKaneda wrote:Back on live tanks used to run with 10-11k wounds, Slayers could go up to 8-9k and you can imagine how long it took to kill the really skilled ones. But those who couldn't utilize enlarged HP pool died in the same timespan (as with anni/conq 6-7k) or 1 second later.

What makes me happy about RoR is that toughness and initiative give you more survivability than wounds. Recent dodge/ disrupt buff opened up new ways to boost survivability even more.

And let's not forget that we are still at the T4 entry level armour sets (conq). Imagine HP pool with warlord / sov...
If I wanted I could easily get to 11k wounds unbuffed, and with conq proc I would get to 12k. But it's really not the best thing to do. If you don't focus on other things like ini, toughness and armour, you will have a lot of trouble. Bo is a relatively squishy tank from the start, so ignoring other stats would be a bad idea.

Also, I see many older videos where people had like 13-15k wounds, even on dps classes. Granted it was near the end of live with all the broken gear and stuff, so I guess it's not a surprise.