Recent Topics

Ads

Farming lvl 200 fragments.

Let's talk about... everything else
Alsayr

Re: Farming lvl 200 fragments.

Post#21 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:41 am

Sorry, i want ask - where i found armour fragments ? Can i salvage items for armour frag ?

Thanks!
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 am

Alsayr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:41 am Sorry, i want ask - where i found armour fragments ? Can i salvage items for armour frag ?

Thanks!
You can find them with high chance in auction house or with very low chance inside dead humanoid npc.

You can't salvage armor fragments.
Dying is no option.

Panodil

Post#23 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:47 am

Kill lvl 40+ champs for good armor fragments. Gunbad is good for it.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Alsayr

Post#24 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:40 am

How % have chance, when i killing champs ?
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Jedii

Post#25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:40 pm

Gunbad, all 200

Fenris78

Post#26 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:44 am

Sorry for necro-post, but looks like armor fragments are now near extinct, or require such a grind its insane...

Getting only a single purple fragment (any kind) from one gunbad or Sentinel run is like 1 per 2 complete runs (and after scavenging all corpses on the way, wich means you have to be the only scavenger or do it with sharing friends).

After my absurd grinding, I found killing lv41+ champions from normal PQ (like in Caledor ch22 easy quest or reikland) are only giving blue fragments (on rare occurences), and "normal" 40 mobs, only white or green (and a blue when stars align).

Only spot for purple fragments were 41+ champions from Fortresses doors, but it was still about 3% chance to drop a purple (any kind, so less than 1% for a lv200 armor fragment... I will let make the maths with 14% crit chances for the +180 armor).
And I farmed about 1600 fortress champs (accounted for my stats, so add a bunch more for dungeons runs and other farm spots), for a grand total of 40 purple fragments... about 8 of them being armour. For weeks and weeks of brainless farm.

Eight +164 armor talismans. After weeks, months of uninteresting PvE farming. Wereas simply playing casually in dungeons, RvR and PQ will net me about 10x this amount of purple fragments, with gear drop/buy salvaging (and having fun doing that).
Sadly, scavenging is not fun, not at all.

Now, for unknown reason (didnt see any patchnote about a change here), from a couple of days it's now impossible to kill those champions.
How on hell are we suppose to scavenge valuable armor talismans now ?
How come the grindiest gathering skill is so useless (was pretty much before) ; nothing added, saving curios wich are everywhere on corpses, from running a magical salvager who can choose the bonus AND the level of fragment he want...

I mean, with salvaging you even can buy stuff for 200 purple fragments, and farm it with 100% chances (sentinel, gunbad stuff with quests and drop from all bosses), not to mention the RvR stuff that you can buy with your spare medals + bags (genesis, vanquisher, etc.).

Scavenging require only brainwashing and stupid RNG farm from mobs, and get you only 2 on 7 possible drop types (4 main stats, 1 armor, curio and powder) wich are skill-specific...

When will we get a rework/weighting of those insane and absurd drop rates when scavenging ?

If this profession was meant to be used on dead players corpses, it would have made sense, but if only PvE-related, drop chances NEED to be weighted accordingly... Or you want to buy your +180 armor talismans for 1k gold pieces in AH ?

(oh, and btw, we cant even get armor talis from ch22 PQ bags, wich is even worse... what's the freaking idea behind this ? Make armor talismans so rare we can just remove them from game, or what ?).
Last edited by Fenris78 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Toonman

Post#27 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Yea, having the purple frags be much more difficult to acquire from scavenging as opposed to live (subscription based game) is a bit of a head scratcher. It wouldn't be so bad, but the removal of tons of champ mobs for no legitimate reason across the board was an poor choice. Probably one of my least favorite things on RoR.

roadkillrobin

Post#28 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Probobly intended design to make gold worth something.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#29 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:09 pm

I refuse to believe the humongous discrepancies between fragment obtention, with magical salvaging, basically you drop a blue bag or above > Vanquisher, subjugator or genesis item from you can even CHOOSE your fragment type.
Drop any redeye gear > purple fragment, same.
Walk in a zone, get minimal contrib, drop bag/medals > gear to salvage purple. No effort required.

Wereas Scavenging let you at the entire hand of the godly RNG that will screw you since all drops are equal (so you wont even benefit from doing this job, you can be salvager instead with far less efforts and dedication), and require you do do utterly boring and uninteresting repetitive tasks.

Gold is worth something as long as we can craft armor and shield potions from butcher drops (wich require less insane farm, AND to choose your drops from 2-3 types from the mob you farm, not 17 different at random).

Gold is worth something as long as we can drop and craft liniments and potions/talismans.

I dont see the point of making something so hard to obtain, regarding utility (blue>purple is about 240 armor difference on a 8x armor talismans gear), versus all other ways to get +24 talismans.

Heck, even farming ch22 PQ is easier to get +24 talismans than using purple fragments and hoping for a crit... Basically rendering salvaging and scavenging skills pretty much useless, all things considered... :/

Detangler

Post#30 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:56 am

I've only ever tried and completed a ch 22 hard once. Where are these mythical +24 fragments/talismans? I didn't see anything drop, but I didn't get a bag. Is it in there or something?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable