Recent Topics

Ads

A job well done. Covenant of Flame Seige Defence [AAR]

Let's talk about... everything else
Shalktonin

A job well done. Covenant of Flame Seige Defence [AAR]

Post#1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm

It seems that everyone is always pissing on order so a good new story was long over due. Around 9pm Pacific Time on October 15, the open zone was Dragonwake.

I came on in the middle of the zone battle so i missed teh opening phases but it was apparent that destro had made a push on the keep and knocked the doors open and had been wiped on the lord previously. For Order there was a premade WB roaming around along with 1 1/2 Pug WB On destro there were at least 2 WBs, and there would be more as AAO would go up for order.

Shortly after I entered the zone the message went up that destro had returned to the keep and was on the lord. At which point the PUG WBs decided to try and break the seige even though there was at one point a 40% aao and they were outnumbered. Running solo i went to the keep and stood on the back ridge to watch the proceedings. Order wiped on their first try, and could have called it quits there and it would have been understandable. However the lord had reset and i could see that as i had the lord selected, so i let the RVR region know he had reset.

Full credit to the WB leaders LIvetoserve and Vyrtochous(sp?) they lead their WBs back not once, not twice but 4 times they hit those destro WBs and finally with the help of the premade WB as well broke their keep take. It was an impressive thing to watch and considering the healer shortage the pug wbs faced was a triumph of the will to succeed.

I must say it was funny as hell listening to the say of the destro players telling people not to taunt after i may have planted the idea in say chat that multiple tanks taunting the lord was a good idea. Pyschological warfare is fun when you can pull it off.

It takes far more grit and stamina to continue to face losing than it does to be garunteed an easy victory. Serious props to those who lead PuG WBs you are the real elite warriors, the elite players, it takes a serious amount of courage and massively positive nature to be able to put up with it.

As an order player all i can say is thank you for your tireless efforts to make it better for us.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Ads
MorboNinja

Re: A job well done. Covenant of Flame Seige Defence [AAR]

Post#2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Vyertoclus, and much appreciated for the hat tip, but I admit I hardly contributed much beyond starting an overflow wb and issuing one to two orders to rally with the main wb and help wipe, but great work guys!

diedrake

Post#3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 am

As a sole destro player i glad to hear that you guys did well. I glad to hear not everyone on order side is low on moral. I do have to hand it to you order players and your small 6 man grps running around and i do hope that you guys get alot better on your organization soon. If the fights get stail i would prob leave the game for a bit, i dont have any desire to xrelm win or lose on my side.

Hope to see you on the battlefield soon :)
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Rydiak

Post#4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 am

Just a heads up, but Destruction did end up locking that zone with only 30 minutes left before the draw timer was up. AAO for Order slowly crept up towards 140% in the last hour, before Destruction sieged Covenant of Flame, killed the lord, and then captured the remaining BOs in a massive push. Though it got frustrating at the end due to the population swing, it was a hard-fought battle that overall felt pretty rewarding.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

diedrake

Post#5 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Idk if i was there that fight, so many zones i was in last weekend but if i was on the losing side i too would have felt good even though it was a loss.

Again, i am glad your moral didnt break :)
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Warfare80

Post#6 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:36 pm

More of this. Keep it up lads and gals!!
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Nerdslayer26

Post#7 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:05 am

This siege was awesome. Order kept it together well.

anarchypark

Post#8 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:49 am

Shalktonin wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm
I must say it was funny as hell listening to the say of the destro players telling people not to taunt after i may have planted the idea in say chat that multiple tanks taunting the lord was a good idea. Pyschological warfare is fun when you can pull it off.

you were having fun, though I must say this is the first reason to have xrealm lock.
even contribution wipe can't stop this kind of action. cuz they think it's fun or one of method of rvr.

IMO, Pyschological warfare is not exactly implemented way of the game mechanic.
but we can agree on disagree.

anyway, having fun even though losing zone, that's ultimate goal of pvp game.
GJ all.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads