Recent Topics

Ads

Balance of the event double XP/RR

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfinnete
Banned

Balance of the event double XP/RR

Post#1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Destruction came in stronger, larger numbers, 99% flipp for them.
Order running from one place to another without organization, whole WBs stops trying some gank VS small groups of Dest. Flipp just T2 practically.

Overview.

Destruction came in stronger and came out even stronger.
The Order entered dead and left buried.

Opinion.

I noticed that while on the Red side many old and good players came back to play in the event, on the Blue side only pugs and alts were playing.

Perhaps for a better balance, the Devs could in the future benefit the side with fewer players or instil somehow that more players play and balance things a little.

AAO is cool, but in an event the flipp was very advantageous, it was almost useless.

;)

Ads
Achilleos

Re: Balance of the event double XP/RR

Post#2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm

I literally could see my friend list and even guild roster slowly swoop over to destro side for xrealming during this event, once the destro train was rolling. :D
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Achilleos wrote:I literally could see my friend list and even guild roster slowly swoop over to destro side for xrealming during this event, once the destro train was rolling. :D
Sad, yet indicative of RoR's 'path of least resistance/avoid proper fights' playerbase.

Foltestik

Post#4 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Achilleos wrote:I literally could see my friend list and even guild roster slowly swoop over to destro side for xrealming during this event, once the destro train was rolling. :D
Sad, yet indicative of RoR's 'path of least resistance/avoid proper fights' playerbase.
wasnt you on your destro guild too? just asking :roll:

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm

To be fair, Peterthesixman was roleplaying as Peterthepugman during the event :p He easily couldve played with the restof Fusion and farmed destro pugs in Scs or roaming in rvr. I know cuz I watched Vzi and co. doing just that :D

It was a bit of a bummer seeing destro zerg so hard. But even when there were equal numbers, Order dropped the ball IMO. In Chaos Wastes two nights ago, there were at least 3 order warbands (2.5 actually, I suppose) and they got wiped by Drow's six man + destro pug warbands over and over. It wasnt due to zerging on either side, numbers were exactly 50/50: Order was disorganized and just...poor at playing. No other way to describe it. Few callouts, no target calling, easily baited into traps, obsessed with dpsing tanks while squishes run free. It was ridiculous. Both sides have their derp moments, but outside of Fusion and maybe a couple other guilds (LoB when on Order obviously, but there are a couple others) I feel like Order has a much more casual playerbase, and they do little to seek improvement, instead relying on whining and blaming xrealming, class imbalance or other players.

Though I will say, on both sides this weekend, I saw a suspicious amount of "oh no, some rando taunted the keep lord when he was at <20% hp, resetting him just time for *other side* to attack and wipe us!" Maybe it was just fortuitous stupidity, but it happened at least a half dozen times that I saw and it was odd to say the least.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tamarlan

Post#6 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 pm

After few weeks of absence I played a few hours this weekend. Was really surprised about the state of order.
One WB of TUP was enough to lock 2 or 3 WB of Order in WC. While I was online Destruction had clearly the advantage in numbers AND organization.

Nevertheless I really enjoyed running around in small groups with 140% AAO. Seeing this server so populated gave me warm feelings.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Foltestik wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
wasnt you on your destro guild too? just asking :roll:
Yes I was, soloing some scenarios as a magus (I have done 0 rvr this weekend, nice bait though). My order chars are bis, so I want to play my favourite class a bit.

99% of guild were on order riding the aao train.
Also I agree with croms assessment on order casualstyle.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Can confirm, guarded Incindent in Pug Anroc. Easiest job ever, Order died in the initial engagement and then stayed in their wc whole match. Chinesehero bravely charged us once but got KDed and punted into lava while backpedaling with WoDS up, as is his wont.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:16 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Can confirm, guarded Incindent in Pug Anroc. Easiest job ever, Order died in the initial engagement and then stayed in their wc whole match. Chinesehero bravely charged us once but got KDed and punted into lava while backpedaling with WoDS up, as is his wont.
Appreciate the guard <3

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Tamarlan wrote:After few weeks of absence I played a few hours this weekend. Was really surprised about the state of order.
One WB of TUP was enough to lock 2 or 3 WB of Order in WC. While I was online Destruction had clearly the advantage in numbers AND organization.

Nevertheless I really enjoyed running around in small groups with 140% AAO. Seeing this server so populated gave me warm feelings.
TUP was having fun times fighting 2-3 Order warbands, though when the 4th Order wb arrived it usually broke the camels back. :D

Also we were not running serious TUP warbands on Friday nor on Saturday, those were "bring what you want to the wb" days. For example I was playing random WE in our wb on fri (yeah, we can do stupid wb compositions occasionally), and played extremely lowbie DoK on Saturday, when we were fighting 3 order wbs with 3fgs for hours. Only yesterday did I log my high rr Sorc, but seems like last evenings Order mentality to resist any Destro zone lock attempts was totally broken beyond repair.

Anyway, good fights, and lots of renown. :)