Ads

Balance of the event double XP/RR

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Balance of the event double XP/RR

Post#31 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Chinesehero wrote:I think it is time interval of which side more winning
Normally Destro got more winning than Order if both side no premade

Destro have vastly better/more experienced pug players, that's a given. They also have less roleplayers, which isn't meant in a bad way, but most roleplayers are, by definition, casual when it comes to PvP and place more importance on lore adherence/fun (though don't get me wrong, Lesti/Arthur/McG are beasts when they wanna go HAM, the Bitterstone dudes in general are the only Order guild who seem to have the cojones to fight Phalanx 24v24, and the BTC dudes prove that you can mix proper PvP with a roleplaying theme inherent to your group).

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#32 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Serrow wrote:I decided this would be a good time to catch up my Order character to my Destro one and holy crap did I regret that decision. The entire weekend was pretty much an outright slaughter, and even now I think there's some lingering ripples because most of the scenarios I've done have been 0 - 500 shutouts with no kills made whatsoever for Order.

I really don't want to be part of the problem, but at the same time It'd be nice to have an actual chance. :( Might just be time to pop back to my Sorc at this rate.
And I as order in kinda casual meh guild (my compliments to Twierdza!) was able to increas my RR from 42 to 46 and 75% to next level.

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Serrow wrote:
And I as order in kinda casual meh guild (my compliments to Twierdza!) was able to increas my RR from 42 to 46 and 75% to next level.
No f***s given xd

Hargrim
Developer

Post#34 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:No f***s given xd
Just an example that anecdotal evidence means nothing.

Serrow

Post#35 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Serrow wrote:I decided this would be a good time to catch up my Order character to my Destro one and holy crap did I regret that decision. The entire weekend was pretty much an outright slaughter, and even now I think there's some lingering ripples because most of the scenarios I've done have been 0 - 500 shutouts with no kills made whatsoever for Order.

I really don't want to be part of the problem, but at the same time It'd be nice to have an actual chance. :( Might just be time to pop back to my Sorc at this rate.
Well, I'm glad you had a good experience then! :) I wish mine was in any way comparable to that.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Serrow wrote:
Hargrim wrote:

Well, I'm glad you had a good experience then! :) I wish mine was in any way comparable to that.
Were you playing with mates or on your own, mate?

Serrow

Post#37 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Serrow wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Were you playing with mates or on your own, mate?
Solo. I don't have any characters at R40 yet, so it's been hard to even get into a WB, let alone a guild. I realize playing solo most definitely leaves you at the mercy of however well or poorly your faction's pugs are doing, that's why it was my observation that at least for the weekend, playing a pub on Order was absolutely a miserable experience. Whenever I play Destro I can just coast along and ride the wave with the WBs.

The big takeaway I'm getting from this is that I really need to find an organized Order guild. :lol:

tazdingo

Post#38 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

don't worry lads i rolled a runie and phoned in sick to work, i'll sort this out!

Ads
Glorian

Post#39 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Chinesehero wrote:I think it is time interval of which side more winning
Normally Destro got more winning than Order if both side no premade

Destro have vastly better/more experienced pug players, that's a given. They also have less roleplayers, which isn't meant in a bad way, but most roleplayers are, by definition, casual when it comes to PvP and place more importance on lore adherence/fun (though don't get me wrong, Lesti/Arthur/McG are beasts when they wanna go HAM, the Bitterstone dudes in general are the only Order guild who seem to have the cojones to fight Phalanx 24v24, and the BTC dudes prove that you can mix proper PvP with a roleplaying theme inherent to your group).
Oooh that warms me dwarven heart. ;)
Our dwarven 12 man is pretty solid, but we need some more Cannon fodder. Because uniforms, lore friendly names and screaming Dwarfs of Ekrund is one thing, but when the bullets fly your fingers remember to pull, self destruct and put a concussive mine on that sneaky shamans.

Shalktonin

Post#40 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Hmm, well not sure what to say to your losing streak because in all but 4 or 5 of the SCs i played were either victories or close losses.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene