Recent Topics

Ads

us server

Let's talk about... everything else
littlepoit

us server

Post#1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 am

hey given how the population is growing nicely ? any chance for a us server someday if they become full most of the time (yes i realize current population is due to mass campaign email) ?

the latency i can live with (150ms from us west coast) but i can never get to play during prime time hours (EU centraltime apparently) when all the fun is happening and server pop at its peak.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: us server

Post#2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 am

Sure :).

The day i can spend 2000€/year more on this project (thats the annual cost of the actual server).

We can't and won't ask for donations/contribution for obvious reasons, and advertising is our single source of income.
And actually it pays 90% of RoR hardware.

huggmuth0305

Post#3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 am

I actually dont understand the reasoning why you dont allow donations but advertisements on the website is okay? Mind explaining? Because donations seems like the prefferable method to keep the server going rather than having annoying advertisements.

Jaycub

Post#4 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 am

There is no point until we get 1k+ on every night, going to lose a ton of pop just from EU not playing on NA server and vice versa.

Also setting up a server in the US is beyond retarded since it can be shutdown for any reason (see felmyst).

Donation don't happen because risk of shutdown and the current team are basically the gatekeepers for WAR servers, if they get shutdown code most likely go everywhere and you will have a ton of servers based in eastern Europe with cash shops and p2notgrind stuff like WoW.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

HissiCNesS

Post#5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

What Jaycub said... nothing to add...
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Achilleos

Post#6 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

huggmuth0305 wrote:I actually dont understand the reasoning why you dont allow donations but advertisements on the website is okay? Mind explaining? Because donations seems like the prefferable method to keep the server going rather than having annoying advertisements.
Because the very moment the devs recieve any form of payment from the community title copyrights and Games Workshop will close this project down.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

KikkL
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Achilleos wrote:
huggmuth0305 wrote:I actually dont understand the reasoning why you dont allow donations but advertisements on the website is okay? Mind explaining? Because donations seems like the prefferable method to keep the server going rather than having annoying advertisements.
Because the very moment the devs recieve any form of payment from the community title copyrights and Games Workshop will close this project down.

Couldnt we just donate money through some anonymous paypal account and whatever he decides to do with the money is his prerogative?

Id send in easily 5/10bucks a month. I wouldnt care what he did with it, though I hope it would be towards RoR expenses.
If your donating money and the purpose is not defined what its for, how is that considered related to anything RoR? If its his choice how to spend it?
We need some lawyers up in here.
:roll: :roll:

szejoza

Post#8 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 pm

any form of financial support can bring the doom of the server, that's why they are not risking it with trying to get any donations (worst case scenario - only one guy sends 5 bucks and lawyers from GW or EA or whoever got the rights shut downs the server, cause of the 5 bucks)
Spoiler:

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Seems the answer has been given, we don't need yet another donations post so locking.