Recent Topics

Ads

1143 online

Let's talk about... everything else
Haskr

Re: 1143 online

Post#11 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Very nice to see such numbers, im all hyped for the dungeon after i read the newsletter (i hope its not two weeks™ soon :mrgreen: )

By the way, what happens if the server reaches the maximum number?

Ads
Shmerrick

Post#12 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Woooo. You all need to relax. I've encountered two quests bugs in the order starting area when trying to complete and quest. I tried reporting one of them but it was already on the tracker. I brought up exp gains because faster exp gains means faster progression to test if more stuff is working, plus it encourages fun and player retention.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:54 pm

You mean like doing a double xp/rr weekend?

Making it quick to cap doesn’t help with player retention. The player base proved this during the t1-3 days(I joined when t3 had just been released). The only time the player count really spiked was upon t4 release and with the rr cap of 40 being removed. Previous to that, it was stupidly quick to cap a toon. And we had a few hundred online at prime time. NA has less than 100 quite frequently.

Give the players a path to advance along, and the numbers rise. Make it too easy to cap rank/rr and BiS gear, and people get bored and leave.

Enjoy the game and the fights. not the end. This isn’t live, you don’t need rr80 and sov to be competitive.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

szejoza

Post#14 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:10 am

Shmerrick wrote:I brought up exp gains because faster exp gains means faster progression to test if more stuff is working, plus it encourages fun and player retention.
Actually it works the other way round, if you progress your character slowly you advance through zones more thoroughly and are part of more activities/zones/unlocks/pq and so on therefore finding more issues. If leveling was fast everyone would just rush past T2/T3 questing hubs with nothing reported

And it encourages nothing more than tons of alts, people won't stick to the game if they don't like it, no matter what kind of carrot you are going to give them
Spoiler:

oldgrumbler

Post#15 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Good to see and well deserved.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Haskr wrote:Very nice to see such numbers, im all hyped for the dungeon after i read the newsletter (i hope its not two weeks™ soon :mrgreen: )

By the way, what happens if the server reaches the maximum number?

There is something about dungeons in the newsletter ?? :twisted: ... I knew I better read it xD :mrgreen:
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

footpatrol2

Post#17 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:25 pm

1323 online.

Double renown/exp weekend.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#18 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Time to put in realm lock for the realm that has more than twice numbers than the other!
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Ads
Hadann

Post#19 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:25 am

I've only experienced one bugged quest so far since being back. I forget the actual quest name currently not in game but it's in the order zone nordland where you have to interact with the statue to retrieve the hammer inside the crypt. I waited a good 5 mins attempting it and nothing happened so I just abandoned the quest. Everything else has been going very smoothly and tons of fun.

geezereur

Post#20 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Does this has to do with the lag on the server atm? For me it started to lag really bad like 4 or 5 days ago, its unplayable with this lag and I have never really lagged before this.