Recent Topics

Ads

"threats" Of report, proper respond?

Let's talk about... everything else
Gusgun577

"threats" Of report, proper respond?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:06 pm

This might some stupid but I killed a Marauder 2 times in open pvp today and of course he messaged me saying that my snare was bugged and said that he would report me Before Ignoring me.
( Seems like its a common thing that you insult some one then push ignore so you wont get any answer?)

I guess this is just waste of time but should I/ others even bother with threats like this?
Took a screenshot just in case, sorry if this is a stupid questio, but its not the first time this happens.

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Re: "threats" Of report, proper respond?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Well to start, YOU can't be punished for a bug. If he meant that you were exploiting somehow, he'd need to present proof of that to a GM. Simply being butt hurt bc he died in rvr isn't a valid reason to report someone. If you're being harassed by someone with tells that you're cheating or being reported, feel free to screenshot that and hand it over to a GM. If you're doing nothing wrong and someone is flaming you, that's plenty reason for them to be counseled by a GM.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Welcome to RoR, where people are happy to give it out yet will ignore you before you can give it back!

Panzerkasper

Post#4 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Welcome to RoR, where people are happy to give it out yet will ignore you before you can give it back!
and YOU still wonder why? :lol:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Welcome to RoR, where people are happy to give it out yet will ignore you before you can give it back!

Yeah man! When people ask me for a 6v6 it gets me very upset and offended so I /ignore them! :cry:

OT: expect a lot of this when you kill people. Most people will not accept that they died due to their own/their group's fault, and will instead claim you killed them with hacks/cheats/faction bias upperhand.

Panzerkasper

Post#6 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:

Yeah man! When people ask me for a 6v6 it gets me very upset and offended so I /ignore them! :cry:

OT: expect a lot of this when you kill people. Most people will not accept that they died due to their own/their group's fault, and will instead claim you killed them with hacks/cheats/faction bias upperhand.
Oh that's it, not the perma trolling and pug hating :shock:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:

Oh that's it, not the perma trolling and pug hating :shock:
Like I said, people here are incredibly easy to offend over the most trivial of things. Thanks for reiterating that, m8. (Won't derail anymore, apologies)

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#8 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Stay in character at all times and threaten to burn down their village and slaughter their family! They can report you to the inquisition all they want, but remind them they have no power within your realm, or if you're Csi tell them you ARE the inquisition, knock them down and burn away their lies.

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Stay in character at all times and threaten to burn down their village and slaughter their family! They can report you to the inquisition all they want, but remind them they have no power within your realm, or if you're Csi tell them you ARE the inquisition, knock them down and burn away their lies.
But you do cross a line when you make crude sexual comments about someone's mother, wouldn't you agree?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Martok wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Stay in character at all times and threaten to burn down their village and slaughter their family! They can report you to the inquisition all they want, but remind them they have no power within your realm, or if you're Csi tell them you ARE the inquisition, knock them down and burn away their lies.
But you do cross a line when you make crude sexual comments about someone's mother, wouldn't you agree?
Then it is at that point where you simply ignore them, should the words from an anonymous person in an online game actually elicit an emotional response from you. That is the purpose of ignore.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.