Recent Topics

Ads

"threats" Of report, proper respond?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

Re: "threats" Of report, proper respond?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Martok wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Stay in character at all times and threaten to burn down their village and slaughter their family! They can report you to the inquisition all they want, but remind them they have no power within your realm, or if you're Csi tell them you ARE the inquisition, knock them down and burn away their lies.
But you do cross a line when you make crude sexual comments about someone's mother, wouldn't you agree?
You either have freedom of speech or you don't. On this server you don't, and I'm not a big fan of the rule "don't be a ****" as it can be interpreted a million ways and differently by each GM.

It's really impossible to answer your question tbh, any comment about someone's mother in an online video game is obviously sarcastic but I could see someone getting mooned/time off for it depending on the situation.

In a perfect world people would just use ignore, but instead we coddle angry and close minded people.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 pm

the macro in question (about ones mother) is in the spirit of role play and that's obvious when you read it. no one talks like that irl.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm

He's referring to a couple strings of text I occasionally blurt out attached to my finisher/guillotine which refer to my victims mother's as tavern wenches in a role play fashion. I've been snapped at before by players and been ignored before I could respond for comparatively tame macros, but I'll tone down the specific ones you're referring to as a courtesy to those who are offended by the roleplay in conjunction with being killed. Just remember, it's a game folks!

porkstar

Post#14 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

REPORTED
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Zaxxond

Post#15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Gusgun577 wrote:This might some stupid but I killed a Marauder 2 times in open pvp today and of course he messaged me saying that my snare was bugged and said that he would report me Before Ignoring me.
( Seems like its a common thing that you insult some one then push ignore so you wont get any answer?)

I guess this is just waste of time but should I/ others even bother with threats like this?
Took a screenshot just in case, sorry if this is a stupid questio, but its not the first time this happens.
This happened to me 4 times in one night. Killed someone, get instantaneous spam insults and then ignored.

So I took a page from Norkalli's book and started roleplaying in say "Zaxxed" it's made me a fan favorite.

In all seriousness, don't let it bother you.

Martok

Post#16 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:He's referring to a couple strings of text I occasionally blurt out attached to my finisher/guillotine which refer to my victims mother's as tavern wenches in a role play fashion. I've been snapped at before by players and been ignored before I could respond for comparatively tame macros, but I'll tone down the specific ones you're referring to as a courtesy to those who are offended by the roleplay in conjunction with being killed. Just remember, it's a game folks!
For the record the tell highlighted in Nork's image post wasn't sent by me, a point unfortunately I have to make given the overall structure of his post. In addition I am not "offended" by dying in game. My point is consistent and simple. Any macro which refers to someone's mother in a sexually derogatory manner is not only offensive and puerile, but completely unnecessary in context of the game.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 pm

Then you know what you got to do.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#18 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Zaxxond wrote:
This happened to me 4 times in one night. Killed someone, get instantaneous spam insults and then ignored.

So I took a page from Norkalli's book and started roleplaying in say "Zaxxed" it's made me a fan favorite.

In all seriousness, don't let it bother you.
Some level 23 engineer killed me yesterday and said Zaxxed. That stung worse than any boiling blood.

And Martok I was not insinuating that was you, but I hear what you're saying and will refrain from continuing to do so. In this PvP game it takes very little to elicit snarky messages and rage claims of reports which probably never are submitted, just take them light heartedly and remember you can always (try to, at least) murder the person talking that smack.

Ads
Gusgun577

Post#19 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 am

CegeePegee wrote:Well to start, YOU can't be punished for a bug. If he meant that you were exploiting somehow, he'd need to present proof of that to a GM. Simply being butt hurt bc he died in rvr isn't a valid reason to report someone. If you're being harassed by someone with tells that you're cheating or being reported, feel free to screenshot that and hand it over to a GM. If you're doing nothing wrong and someone is flaming you, that's plenty reason for them to be counseled by a GM.

Ah ok then i see, yeah I took a screenshot just in case. Thanks for the quick respond :)

Spacecraft

Post#20 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:57 am

Zaxxed! should be orders battle cry. I love it.