Recent Topics

Ads

Ingame Macros?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jerkling

Ingame Macros?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:45 pm

hey guys,

just wanted to know if the ingame macro tool works (somehow) and if so if there's a list with commands that one can use to create a macro?

best,
Jerkling

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Ingame Macros?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 pm

depends on what you want the macro to do
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Jerkling

Post#3 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:00 pm

well, i played WoW for a short while (shame on me, i know) and the macro system there was pretty neat. what i would do is write a macro that would first target the enemy if there is no enemy already targeted and then cast a spell like...

/targetenemy
/cast spell xyz

...just to name a very simple macro. you could ofc make them a bit more complex and include a pet attack command or have healing macros that would fire certain heals or hots only when certain requirements are met like being in a group or not and so on. having that in RoR would be huge for me since i like convenience. :)

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm

there are ways to make rather complex macros, but this requires you to know some scripting and some knowledge of the war api
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

VonEpic
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Is there a lua script generator, like for making our own addons, somewhere? Might be more what you're looking for.

Akilinus

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Having macros play the game for you :twisted:
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Collateral

Post#7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

I sense botting.

Jerkling

Post#8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

sullemunk wrote:there are ways to make rather complex macros, but this requires you to know some scripting and some knowledge of the war api
m'aw, i don't -.-

but what can i do using the ingame tool? is there a command list of some sort?
Collateral wrote:I sense botting.
well, maybe because you are unable to understand what you read or maybe because you didn't really read...
Torquemadra wrote:[...] To the OP, botting is a fast way to get banned.
quick question - what does an ingame macro have to do with botting?

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:49 pm

It's no secret people use macros to automate certain character functions to aid them in aoe farming, for example. It is one of the more common things for which players are banned on this server, if I am not mistaken.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Glorian

Post#10 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:56 pm

You need to be able to talk and answer at any given moment if a GM approaches you.

That's why the devs are triggered easily by macroing. There are tools, keyboard adds or more advanced stuff that let your char do several things in a scripted way like shoot, gather, turn.

Or something like move every 2 mins to avoid afk flag in keep defense or SCs.
Or standing in a PQ with your kotbs and damaging npcs that attack you.

All of these are reasons for a ban.

That is why devs are getting suspicious if you want to do more than just combine emote commands and something in say or partychat.