Ingame Macros?

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Ingame Macros?

Post#21 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 pm

Darks63 wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
Darks63 wrote: Whats yours and the devs views on the Addon Nerfedbuttons then? It was always a shaky one during live if i remember right.
Its on the hitlist when we have client control done, until then it is what it is
Ok good to know. Are the addons that came with the DL gonna still be ok after you get CC? Cause I would hate to lose MG remix it makes cult easy instead of massively tedious.
The majority of common addons will be fine in their latest versions. Depends on how patcher progress goes as to whether or not we can do more interesting things with them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Jerkling

Post#22 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Sulorie wrote:Live WAR had no useful macros apart from /assist and lots of emotes. All those questions were asked 9 years ago and people got the same answer like I gave you here.
All useful stuff the API gives you is used by NerfedButtons addon. When you want an easy time to grind a char, use NB.
well, yes it did, because i remember using one that had the target enemy part in it. and what you gave me is no answer but your oppinion, which quite frankly i didn't asked for. i asked wheather the macro tool works and if so wheather there is a list with viable commands. and right now i'm pretty sick of ppl trying to put words in my mouth or implying i'd like to bot or that i'm looking for an easy way to grind my char or whatever. so if you can't actually answer the question i've asked then kindly shut up, because i'm in no mood for some pissy comments or oppinion.
Eathisword wrote:There is no way of making WoW like macro, like [@arena1 cast: Cyclone] or any stuff like that. And tbh, it is not needed. The GCD is very epic slow in WAR compared to WoW since there are no attribute like speed or the likes to reduce the GCD. And since the game plays much slower, it is actually possible to manually do everything and do good in PvP. Which is impossible in WoW arena.

Edit : there are also very few skill that can be used outside of the GCD, again unlike WoW, so there is no need/nor the possibility to queue like 6 buffs in one macro to ''burst'' or 'survive'.
again, not what i asked. and tbh, i don't think it is up to you to decide wheather something is "needed" or not. no offense.

that being said, i think it has become clear already that the tool doesn't work and that there is no list with commands for it then.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm

Jerkling wrote:well, i played WoW for a short while (shame on me, i know) and the macro system there was pretty neat. what i would do is write a macro that would first target the enemy if there is no enemy already targeted and then cast a spell like...

/targetenemy
/cast spell xyz

...just to name a very simple macro. you could ofc make them a bit more complex and include a pet attack command or have healing macros that would fire certain heals or hots only when certain requirements are met like being in a group or not and so on. having that in RoR would be huge for me since i like convenience. :)
These are the kind of macros that people consider cheating, or at very least being far too close to the fire to be anything else. That's how our server is mate. Unfortunate if that doesn't vibe with you, but you're not going to get many positive responses looking for stuff like this.

The macro system WAR uses is mostly used for chat-based stuff, and a couple of our custom commands. You can do some fancy things with script functions (like listing quests or items in chat), but that knowledge more of a learned thing rather than a list of commands that addon developers would use for creating addons (that use the same API).

Our main stuff
.unlock - bounces you out of combat, as you can get stuck occasionally.
.pug - list the current pickup-group scenario that you can queue for
.rvr - shows the active RvR zones
.ror - shows some server specific information, and the ToS in-game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ragafury

Post#24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 am

Plan B also on the Hit list or is it considered as qol?
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

albree

Post#25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:25 am

came to find info on a simple /petname, summon. stayed for the weirdly paranoid needling of the OP.

you have my feels, jerkling.
BW 40/6x | WL 40/5x (?? RIP) | KBS 40/4x| ENG 40/4x | IB 40/4x | Female dwarf fetishist

biotek

Post#26 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm

I wouldn't call it "weirdly paranoid". These are people that know the RoR rules and mindset and are trying to steer OP away from macros.
That's not to say it was done well... but the intentions were misunderstood in both directions.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#27 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Here i made an example on how to make an random shout phrase generator macro (randomly cycles between a set of pre defined phrases)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20022&hilit=macro&start=10#p220089
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

RossBoss

Post#28 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:01 am

i am looking to make a cast sequence macro to program the buttons on my mouse i am missing 3 fingers on my left hand so it is hard for me to play, otherwise im stationary while doing anything.

Ads
Miszczu5647

Post#29 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:43 am

We do not practice necromancy here.

Make new topic.

Locking.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen