Collateral

Re: How does Global Cooldown works?

Post#11 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

First world problems :C

Ads
Jaycub

Post#12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't think casted abilities bypass gcd, for instance if you where to reduce an abilities cast time to 0.5 seconds you would still have to wait 0.65 seconds to cast again. And 3 second casts don't roll on gcd either so it's not like you have to wait 0.45 seconds after it's casted to cast the next ability.

This is just from what I've noticed no hard evidence but someone may want to test.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Foltestik

Post#13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:im surprised a DB doesnt know this
and rr 60+ player which write guide how to play engi :D. This is T1 question :D

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Foltestik wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:im surprised a DB doesnt know this
and rr 60+ player which write guide how to play engi :D. This is T1 question :D

Lesti's a normal player, and freely admits that. Being a DB developer doesn't elevate him to a godlike level of WAR knowledge, and so him asking a simple question shouldn't be met with such ridicule.

He's done a lot for the community, and deserves our respect. What have you done for the community recently? =P

(Lesti and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I respect what he does, and value him as a member of RoR)

Glorian

Post#15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Well I think I know how it worked after seeing and trying to understand it. And after all that time playing.

But most of the time there is a real rule behind everything.
So if you dont ask yourself and other if it is correct you cant get better or smarter. ;)
Jaycub wrote:I don't think casted abilities bypass gcd, for instance if you where to reduce an abilities cast time to 0.5 seconds you would still have to wait 0.65 seconds to cast again. And 3 second casts don't roll on gcd either so it's not like you have to wait 0.45 seconds after it's casted to cast the next ability.

This is just from what I've noticed no hard evidence but someone may want to test.
Tests show:

If you cast something fastern than 1.1 secs you have to wait for the Gcd to complete itself.
If you cast something with 3 sec cast time like Snipe, you see the Gcd on the ability and it is full after 1.1 secs, and then you need to wait for the rest of the cast time, and directly after the cast you can cast again.

Aurandilaz

Post#16 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Jaycub wrote:I don't think casted abilities bypass gcd, for instance if you where to reduce an abilities cast time to 0.5 seconds you would still have to wait 0.65 seconds to cast again. And 3 second casts don't roll on gcd either so it's not like you have to wait 0.45 seconds after it's casted to cast the next ability.

yep

I have some videos where I do Sorc SS spam with FM + CloseQuarters, dropping the casttime from 3 to 1.5 and then even to 0.75. However I don't get to enjoy a SSspam every 0.75 sec, as the GCD is 1.15(if not 1.2 sometimes or even 1.5 with game client delay random stuff). So instead of doing 0.75 sec casts 13.333 times during 10 sec FM duration, it's closer to 8.333 due to ~1.2 GCD, but it becomes just 7 because using FM itself triggers a global cooldown. (morals cost GCD, though there exist dozen abilities if not more that do not count into GCD)

wdesu

Post#17 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:18 pm

i have a trivial addon to measure the time between casts, the output goes to debug console and is kinda spammy but it should be simple to tweak the code if you want to. im too lazy to pretty it up. you can type "/gcdTimeTester btns" to toggle printing button presses, everything else is in the description
Spoiler:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23adah2rr6n0f ... Tester.zip

Nidwin

Post#18 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

Glorian wrote: I'm trying to sort this kind of simultaneously kicking dots. But gcd seems to be an important part in it.
What I also found important on my Magus (never played an engie) when timing my "dots" to tick around the same time,

1. Time interval between dots and the amount of tics the dot provides
2. If the first tick is at activation of the skill or e.g. 3s later.
3. Travel time od bolts (e.g. FrF) to hit together with the dots.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#19 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Actually we're in a trend of global warming.

Collateral

Post#20 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I lol'd.