Recent Topics

Ads

afk rules ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

afk rules ?

Post#1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 am

Hi/
saw in a ban appeal the following (clipped only the bit i was interested in)

.... or someone actually hitting a button to jump occasionally (to avoid AFK logout) can all be considered botting

from wargrim.
I was wondering how this works as i know sometimes waiting for a lock, players to log in etc that i know i end up just sitting halöf awake waiting for something, but if i undersatnd this comment that you need to be doing something and waiting around for somthing to happen is quite painfull risky .
could yo clarify a little around the waiting vs afk avoidance ?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: afk rules ?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

You can stand there as long as you want. The moment a GM asks you something, you have to respond.
Dying is no option.

Acidic

Post#3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

hmm thats sensible i suppose, but know sometyimes testing dps/resists i dont have chat windows up only combat, supose i should make sure that a window with chat is up :)

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Doesn't Mather, the tells from GM's shows on all chat/log windows
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Glorian

Post#5 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 pm

A GM will ask you if you avoid being afk and your turret is killing mobs, or if you have a tactic that is hitting mobs that attack you. Meaning anykind of gain from you being away. And anykind of automatisation.

If you are away out of any action in any area without your pet or you killing or doing anything you can be afk as long as you want and no GM will bother to contact you.

I have also watched the first season of Vikings while using Tab + 2 to shot low lvl mobs. But I had sound on and half an eye on the monitor.

Acidic

Post#6 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm

ok this clarification is easier to follow :)

"anykind of gain from you being away"

pot

Post#7 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:11 pm

i always afk at warcamp or main city never have any problems, my advice is better not to afk at rvr lakes or in a warband or near any mobs at all afaik the staffs are pretty straight about the botting/afk rules

wdesu

Post#8 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Glorian wrote: If you are away out of any action in any area without your pet or you killing or doing anything you can be afk as long as you want and no GM will bother to contact you.
I was actually contacted once on my magus while I was just standing still alt-tabbed without even a pet in empty pve area having relogged on the character just 5 minutes before that (Europe morning).

Since all those tells were yellow I at first though that those were just some announcments, it was not that easy to notice that I was contacted. Gotta pay attention to those yellow messages.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Yea, I have /ad colored yellow, same as I've had on live, and /1-5 too. Non-yellow /ad doesn't even feel the same to me.
I've already missed a few tells from GMs this way, but that was very long time ago. Now I just don't afk while online, ever :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Dresden
Banned

Post#10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Last edited by Dresden on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q