Recent Topics

Ads

afk rules ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ley
Former Staff

Re: afk rules ?

Post#11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:05 pm

You got about 10-15 minutes ot reply to a GM. That's the waiting time for a reply, unless it got magically changed in the past 2 months.

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 am

Wait so if i just stay afk in our keep after taking enemy keep waiting for lock/whatever because i can't play but don't want to lose 3hrs contribution i can get punished? :?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Thelen

Post#13 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:40 am

If you go afk in a keep you'll be logged out after 15 minutes. If you come back every 10-15 minutes to jump or something just make sure you reply to any GM tells in your chat log.

People making a bigger deal about it than it really is. Don't use any scripts or bots to stay logged it, don't try to abuse any systems, or PQs or whatever. Respond to GM tells if you get them. You'll be fine.

Sulorie

Post#14 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 am

Grock wrote:Wait so if i just stay afk in our keep after taking enemy keep waiting for lock/whatever because i can't play but don't want to lose 3hrs contribution i can get punished? :?
When you don't do anything else after taking enemy keep, you could log off. In the case your contribution was enough, you get the bag per mail.
Dying is no option.

Acidic

Post#15 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 am

Grock wrote:Wait so if i just stay afk in our keep after taking enemy keep waiting for lock/whatever because i can't play but don't want to lose 3hrs contribution i can get punished? :?
If you are avoiding afk with a tool or other things in the keep, you would fall under the category "gaining from afk" as you get contribution and rr from ppl handing in resources,

Sulorie

Post#16 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 am

Acidic wrote:
If you are avoiding afk with a tool or other things in the keep, you would fall under the category "gaining from afk" as you get contribution and rr from ppl handing in resources,
Since when you get rewards from resources, when you are not in the same group as the player who hands in the resources?
Dying is no option.

kirraha

Post#17 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 am

I hope its ok afk:ing in wc or maintown as long as were not leeching? I kinda got a habit of cooking while I slacktalking to ppl ingame. So Im away for about 2 min every time then come back to check chat

Grock

Post#18 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:02 pm

This is pretty crazy. If im just afk-waiting for lock for whatever reasons chances are im not gonna even look at the chat, especially not scroll and search for some specific PMs
Or i can screw up and come too late and character could slip to relog screen

This whole thing with "answer a PM" is weird
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
dansari

Post#19 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Stop. You're over thinking it. If you're just afk not doing anything and you come back to your character every few minutes, you're fine. If you're using a bot to keep yourself in game, you're gonna have bad time. If you're semi-afk doing cultivating in the capital while watching a movie, you're fine. If your character is pve farming while you're at work, you're gonna have a bad time.

Overall, just read the rules and respond to a GM if they happen to inquire about your existence behind a keyboard.
<Salt Factory>

kirraha

Post#20 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Ok I just wanted to know so I can just chill between turning the meatballs over lol.