Recent Topics

Ads

Levelling up via PVP?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ehngage

Levelling up via PVP?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:48 am

Is Levelling via queuing for scenarios a viable method? If so is there a currency I get for participating/winning scenarios that can be spent on gear? Or is there another way to gear up?

Or should I just do the traditional mmo quest grind? I'll be stopping to do the world pvp once I'm closer to level 19, if thats viable, I'll do some of that as well.

I haven't played WAR since the month it launched, so this all new to me again :S

I'd appreciate any advice =)

Ads
Thelen

Re: Levelling up via PVP?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:29 am

Depends on the time. There are certain times of day where scenario pops happen back to back. During those hours its great XP, and your renown and gear will keep up well (its also fun).

My advice is go to level 40 entirely via pvp if you can. Only do PvE if there is no action, and you really want to play. Hitting T4 with a renown/gear disadvantage sucks, and honestly T2/3 RvR is some of the best in many peoples eyes.

The currency you get in each tier can be converted up to the next tier currency at a 5:1 ratio, so you can gather T4 currency before leaving T3. If you level entirely by RvR/Scens you'll likely have enough medallions/emblems to buy a few set pieces by the time you get to r40.

Ehngage

Post#3 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:55 am

Thelen wrote:Depends on the time. There are certain times of day where scenario pops happen back to back. During those hours its great XP, and your renown and gear will keep up well (its also fun).
Thanks! Where would I see how many renown points I have? And where can I spend them as an Order player?

Thelen

Post#4 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 am

Ehngage wrote:
Thelen wrote:Depends on the time. There are certain times of day where scenario pops happen back to back. During those hours its great XP, and your renown and gear will keep up well (its also fun).
Thanks! Where would I see how many renown points I have? And where can I spend them as an Order player?
No worries! Renown level is the purple bar under your XP bar. You can spend them at Renown Trainers in major Warcamps for additional stats, parry/dodge/disrupt...etc.

Side note, you can only spend as many renown points as you have levels and your renown can't be more than twice your level.

Example: If you are Level 10 and Renown Rank 20, you won't be able to hit renown rank 21 until you level up. Also, you'll have 20 renown points, but only be able to spend 10 of them.

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 am

there is addon called 'anywheretrainer'
it's already in addon list. just require activating it.
you can respec anywhere near merchant and see skill trees in character sheet.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 am

you should get to T4, get rank 40, then start grinding renown in the lakes; why?

because T4 loot bag contribution is +90% based on total amount of renown earned in the RvR lake. And as long as you are below rr40, you will gain renown at normal speed, after rr40, you gain renown at -50% speed. Meaning, your best chance to win bags in T4 is to spend as much time as possible in T4 as sub rr40, that is if you want to maximize your bag drop chance, and make it far easier to earn the endgame gear, Conqueror drops from Gold bags.

that being said, I enjoy leveling via pvp, but sometimes it can be pretty boring to roam more or less empty t3 lakes. occasional quest on the side can be fun, as can be trying new and weird PQs.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:41 am

Aurandilaz wrote:you should get to T4, get rank 40, then start grinding renown in the lakes; why?

because T4 loot bag contribution is +90% based on total amount of renown earned in the RvR lake. And as long as you are below rr40, you will gain renown at normal speed, after rr40, you gain renown at -50% speed. Meaning, your best chance to win bags in T4 is to spend as much time as possible in T4 as sub rr40, that is if you want to maximize your bag drop chance, and make it far easier to earn the endgame gear, Conqueror drops from Gold bags.
But as a quite new player his chances to really farm rr in t4 depends on a solid group, which is highly unlikely without any connections. Public warbands give rather low renown.
Dying is no option.

Ehngage

Post#8 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:you should get to T4, get rank 40, then start grinding renown in the lakes; why?

But as a quite new player his chances to really farm rr in t4 depends on a solid group, which is highly unlikely without any connections. Public warbands give rather low renown.
I'm just hoping I make it to r40 :lol: I'm only level 10 after a couple days playing, but I've been doing pvp only, queuing for scenarios while the first pvp zone is locked, and farming it while its up. I just hope the higher tiers see action like t1. Even if I have to go out of my way looking for a group.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:25 pm

When one rvr zone is locked you have to fly to another zone. There are 3 rvr zones in t1, 1-2 are always active.
Dying is no option.

Gnash

Post#10 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Reacquaint yourself with rules and regs, mate. The devs and community are incredible individuals on incredible teams. This isn't Mythic; it is a privately OWNED server, and since interacting with this dev team and community for a few years, they deserve immensely more respect than Mythic could conjure daydreams about.

My advice (and I'm just a polished turd, mind you) is what individuals like Thelen and Sulorie would've said on Live: Do what YOU enjoy, how you enjoy it most, at the most enjoyable pace for YOU and if it stops being so, just kindly (or not so-) remind yourself why you began this journey. Be open to changes (see Getting Started posts and rules stickies, keeping up on changes) sometimes drastic, respectively, and unexpected/undesired. The Changer of Ways rules here in R.o.R. albeit rarely maliciously (truly never that way intentionally) yet always in the player's' best interests (as far as Alpha test stage is allowed to be), respond to requests/order by devs ASAP.

Be respectful of your realm/alliance/guildmates and friends/family, accord your enemy with a healthy loathing and hatred, taking as many with you as possible when ratpacked. Don't fall into the comparison begets misery game aspiring players play against themselves occasionally; it leads to less enjoyment.

Don't rip anyone off: in the AH or in "/trade" or if lootmaster. Don't cheat/hack/multibox; don't accuse the enemy of any of that when they stomp you; learn from the loss as much as possible. Remember that when you're feeling a bit asocial (because there are those who laugh at advices like mine as weak and pathetic) that , even though dueling now exists within factions and on agreed/approved lake standards, this game, the careers and the paths within those SYNERGIZE (the whole being greater than the sum of the parts) within a group setting when exercised within career/path/grouping parameters; effective communication within that setting is paramount to successful outcomes, whether spoken/typed/emoted. Learn to be humble, learn to take and follow through on WB/Group leaders' orders/requests. NEVER complain or chastise publically: NEVER...

I've typed more than enough. Read posts by the devs/mods, whether you hold like views or not. Most if not all were incredible players and critical thinkers during live, with a plethora of knowledge in a vast number of subjects. Tap their knowledge. You will only benefit.

TL;DR: take your time to smell the pixelated roses. They've been grown with an incredible amount of care and love for this game and it's player base. Weclome back. Welcome home. Shoulder to shoulder, or toe to toe, good hunting, mate.
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack