Recent Topics

Ads

@NA players

Let's talk about... everything else
trebla
Banned

Re: @NA players

Post#81 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Problem: Hiding gear (BIS) to RNG mechanic that don't even take into account the number of players in a zone when calculating bag numbers.
Example: 200 players in a zone on one faction, 24 bags drop, 2 gold, 3 purple rest garbage.

This is a test server why hide gear behind such grindy mechanic? You can't possibly get result when the elite 10% are running optimal gear against players with medicore gear. That is a main reason players are saying class are OP or just not viable.

Is the gear that much of a change? raw base stats like str or Int the answer is not really. Where you notice the difference is in the bonus and the ARMOR. Beastlord or conq, combined with armor pot can easily take you to armor soft cap as a dps. That is just ONE example of the disparity between armor sets that are said to not be that much of an improvement.

Then comes the changes made to RVR. These changes where made to reflect large population and counter zerg which is an ingrained part of this game and changes made to try to counter the so called zerg has had huge negative effects to the NA population.

This is no fault to the Devs who are trying things to improve gameplay but making changes based on the exception (high population) which only happens for like 5 hours everyday, is having a huge effect on the rest of the game for the other 19 hours. It feels as if the devs are ignoring the majority of the player base who are casuals/fans even though they play for more than 2 hours most of it is not competitive, with changes that are narrowed down to improve competitive gameplay for like 1 or 2 guilds on each side or the rare 6man that plays together.

My 2 cents.

Ads
jbrutal

Post#82 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 am

Returning Na player how i feel about the game right now http://imgur.com/sTARKTb

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#83 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 am

jbrutal wrote:Returning Na player how i feel about the game right now http://imgur.com/sTARKTb
Queue Nordenwatch then. Pug-only scenario. Which reminds me to go bump that thread so maybe sometime this year it'll rotate again.

If you don't "like" the gear grind, then don't play for the sake of getting BiS gear. Play for the sake of something else, like murdering your enemies, or making new best friends, or gittin' gud.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Haojin

Post#84 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 am

wargrimnir wrote:
jbrutal wrote:Returning Na player how i feel about the game right now http://imgur.com/sTARKTb
Queue Nordenwatch then. Pug-only scenario. Which reminds me to go bump that thread so maybe sometime this year it'll rotate again.

If you don't "like" the gear grind, then don't play for the sake of getting BiS gear. Play for the sake of something else, like murdering your enemies, or making new best friends, or gittin' gud.
when conqueror gear implemented ? 6-7 months ago ? still many people don't have full conqueror or genesis at all. getting bis gear should be fairly easy after 2 months tbh. i'm not talking about myself, i have 3 full set of conq on sorc and 4 piece on marauder with full genesis ect ect. that requires hardcore gameplay.

hardcore gameplay in a ALPHA game= deadend
hardcore gameplay in a FINISHED game = dream

pugging is the worst thing in this game. especially in a ALPHA game.
leveling is hard, bis gearing is hard -and yes gear is very very important- , rvr progress is way too slow , scenario farming is way too slow and after all from a casual perspective when you realize there is 0 PROGRESS like playing the game 2-3 months you have only one option.

leave the game.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Morf

Post#85 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm

@NA players, tnx for all the easy renown and medallion drops over the months.

wargrimnir wrote: If you don't "like" the gear grind, then don't play
Fixed for ya and sadly true.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

ragafury

Post#86 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Haojin wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:

when conqueror gear implemented ? 6-7 months ago ? still many people don't have full conqueror or genesis at all. getting bis gear should be fairly easy after 2 months tbh. i'm not talking about myself, i have 3 full set of conq on sorc and 4 piece on marauder with full genesis ect ect. that requires hardcore gameplay.

hardcore gameplay in a ALPHA game= deadend
hardcore gameplay in a FINISHED game = dream

pugging is the worst thing in this game. especially in a ALPHA game.
leveling is hard, bis gearing is hard -and yes gear is very very important- , rvr progress is way too slow , scenario farming is way too slow and after all from a casual perspective when you realize there is 0 PROGRESS like playing the game 2-3 months you have only one option.

leave the game.
without a strong guild / premade you don't have to think about gear. will just not get it, or so slow that it hurts and ya gonna quit by yourself cause dead slow progression.
on the armor department, I don't think the games is that cruel because there are options (depending a bit on class), on the jewelry / accesories I think it's very cruel... ToK / green garbage or RvR, nothing inbetween... BL locked away for some time... influence in T4 very slow if you are a primetime player, if you are order atm. you are double screwed.

if you play in a guild, which is in a good shape gearwise, you can get 2,5pcs conq if the zone is well populated. (playing in top grp, getting all tokens passed, winning a gold = girdle, boots + x / 0,5) on a lucky day.
If you play very active @ prime 4 days a week my usual conq upkeep was 120 tokens with 5 other ppl rolling on the tokens ofc.
So yeah, gearprogression is atm. play "hardcore" or go home.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Penril

Post#87 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 pm

I try to get a set of whatever PvE set happens to be the best around (this weekend it should be Beastlord) and just play for the fun. If we ever get dungeons, i will farm Sentinel/Darkpromise/Tyrant. Once Invader is released, Conqueror will be pretty cheap and most people will be able to get it in a day or 2. Then same thing with Invader once Warlord is released.

I will only "worry about the grind" for Sov.

TenTonHammer

Post#88 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:58 pm

ragafury wrote:
without a strong guild / premade you don't have to think about gear. will just not get it, or so slow that it hurts and ya gonna quit by yourself cause dead slow progression.
on the armor department, I don't think the games is that cruel because there are options (depending a bit on class), on the jewelry / accesories I think it's very cruel... ToK / green garbage or RvR, nothing inbetween... BL locked away for some time... influence in T4 very slow if you are a primetime player, if you are order atm. you are double screwed.

if you play in a guild, which is in a good shape gearwise, you can get 2,5pcs conq if the zone is well populated. (playing in top grp, getting all tokens passed, winning a gold = girdle, boots + x / 0,5) on a lucky day.
If you play very active @ prime 4 days a week my usual conq upkeep was 120 tokens with 5 other ppl rolling on the tokens ofc.
So yeah, gearprogression is atm. play "hardcore" or go home.

It really does, playing causally the most I can expect, playing NA is at most 5 conq medallions and 1 paragon seal over a what and average 2 hour seige? Conq feels like an absolute pipe dream and the suggestion shouldn't be "lol play in a guild WB" becuse I hate the whole morale bombing playstle utterly repulsive

And once again this wouldn't be an
Issue if certian playstlye gear wasn't tied to specific content, I love sc's but I don't want dps healer gear so I'm forced to orvr

And 2-3 hr s for a seige is just utterly exhausting if your not their at the start you can forget about a good roll and if your not their for all of it then you basically wasted your time by not getting the ticks and just 1-3 medallions

That too with the changes pling it more and more forces new players to tie them selves to one class unless they want to keep forcing them selves through the doldrums of mid tier again

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:15 pm

You can get merc and anni for super cheap. BiS is no big deal. Merc and anni is a close 2nd.

If you play for gear when you get it you'll probably play for a month with the gear then quit.
The edge you get from conq is whatev's.

Although I don't like the idea of making gear hard to get in a pvp game. 100% not saying it should be free. I kinda wish the dev's chose a meaningless carrot as a way to retain player's then a gear grind. Ex. Killboards is a meaningless carrot that can get reset each month.

You could record which guild has the highest guild exp gain for the month and show the top 5 guilds heraldry in the city which gets reset each month. Stuff like that. It's meaningless but its bragging rights. A goal for player's to work towards that doesn't really have a impact on the game.

Fractus

Post#90 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Fully agree with footpatrol on this, it's a very different experience for non EU primetime. I play both Aussie and EU primetime and the amount of conq medals changing hands in each timezone is massively different.

Conq in EU primetime with a guild mass production line, 6 weeks tops because 1k kills per evening, lot of medals exchanging hands.

Aussie primetime lucky if it's 150 kills per evening, which in turns means very few conq medals changing hands.

Given the player population conq medal is the wrong long term carrot, it's had a negative effect on the NA/AUS (basically not EU primetime) pop base.

I think the solution is the right one too, bragging rights, guild (team) heraldry in cities, leaderboard. Something that will help grow the PvP base.