Recent Topics

Ads

@NA players

Let's talk about... everything else
Grolar

Re: @NA players

Post#71 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:45 am

Unfortunately, many veteran players have returned and left. Its sad to see that population continues to shrink more and more, but it may be some time before you see people coming back. I'll definitely be checking in on the site from time to time, as long as its still going. Always a special place in my heart for Warhammer Online. Best of luck with the project moving forward.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
Scrilian

Post#72 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 am

All we can do now is pray4NA.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Dresden
Banned

Post#73 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Bacta wrote:Not sure if it has been suggested yet but we could always allow T1/T2/T3 to Bolster up to Tier 4 especially when NA Pop dips. I wouldn't recommend this unless the game is having extreme population issues. Of course we could scale the amount of XP lower tier players get in T4.
Dresden wrote:If the incidence of bolstering in this game is free then why allow gold to be an obstacle to debolstering?
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Niakahn

Post#74 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 am

I'm fairly sure the easiest route would just be to allow T1 players to queue into T2/T3 scenarios when the population dwindles. Any other implementation, I'd imagine, would prove too difficult a task given the current amount of manpower available.

Kordie

Post#75 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:18 am

I've seen a bunch of 20 something order toons in wbs lately during NA. So they are going to T4 anyway but not getting any bolster.

dansari

Post#76 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:26 am

Kordie wrote:I've seen a bunch of 20 something order toons in wbs lately during NA. So they are going to T4 anyway but not getting any bolster.
That's just our warband mascot, Theodred. He's 31+ now so it's all good lol
<Salt Factory>

Esperflame

Post#77 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I have a few thoughts on the very slow but steady server decline during NA hours. Most of it has to do with a few of the RvR changes. People don't want to spend 3-7 hours in a single RvR zone and get nothing. The BO timers are another thing that can be quite maddening to players. You say the timer isn't random but it sure as hell feels like it at times. It really pisses people off when a 6-man takes a BO and gets a 6min lock timer only to get zerged by half a warband or more and the BO is locked for 9 mins. I really love the idea of variable lock/locking timers but the current numbers for those variables feel very unacceptable. Another thing is the Keep Lords are just way too tanky. I do agree they were a little on the weak side, but when your in a zone where the enemy keep is right next to their warcamp, it seems ridiculous to the attacking realm that they end up having to wipe the enemy warband 5+ times before the keep lord will die. If they mess up even once during all those pushes they have to start it all over again and thats more tedious than challenging.

Also, you should really ask the player base about the new t1 mechanic. I personally think it's turned t1 into the new trash tier. It used to be t2 or t3, but by combining those tiers it's managed to address the problems of it being inactive. I don't even like to RvR anymore in t1 because if the zones are dead you can't really accomplish anything at all anymore. The thought they want to bring these mechanics to mid-tier or even something like it makes me fear that the server population might begin to nose dive after that.

I'm not saying all the changes made so far are bad. In fact some of them are quite good. Even some of the changes I consider bad are great ideas, but they're implemented in a bad way. When I joined this server last August, this server was sporting 800-1100 players on average during EU prime time. During NA prime time you would see around 500-600 players. Maybe it's time to reconsider a few of the RvR changes before the server numbers get too low and the chance to recover the player base bottoms out.

These are of course just my opinions, but maybe it's time to start talking with the community about some of the changes and get opinions.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Scrilian

Post#78 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:13 pm

7h locks during NA times are mostly due to defending side sitting in a keep and leaving it only to suicide-break ram every half an hour or so.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Esperflame

Post#79 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Scrilian wrote:7h locks during NA times are mostly due to defending side sitting in a keep and leaving it only to suicide-break ram every half an hour or so.
It doesn't invalidate my point though. It still is a real problem.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

dansari

Post#80 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Can't speak for the team but I'm pretty sure they're aware of these concerns and are working on fixes. T1 currently isn't what you'll see in T2. It'll be tweaked and refined in T1 before getting pushed.
<Salt Factory>