Ads

@NA players

Let's talk about... everything else
Euan
Suspended

Re: @NA players

Post#61 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Spoiler:
I love this game and I don't know if I'll play it again but...

Honestly, who in their right mind would ask a friend to come back to this game?

Gameplay itself is worse than the original. From RvR to PvE, everything is worse. Game is more grindy than the original in renown, experience, and gear. It's just developers trying so hard to control how you progress in every possible way at a snail pace that made this game more boring. Rank caps to hinder even futher. To top it all off, rank resets for no good reason. The one thing I will say that got better was the scenarios, just because they added the pug scenario even though it was late and came after 6v6 scenario I don't know why. The 6v6 scenario was also a good welcome but it was kind of already there in Eternal Citadel.

Most of the staff has been on a high horse power trip. Like nerds who got a taste of power for the first time in their life. They haven't treated their playerbase too kindly and usually post aggressive responses. Like Elven telling non existant complainers to !@#% off and leave if they don't like it. Bans thrown out like candy, and I'm not really talking about me. In general, I spoke up about banned players. I urged for transparency and appeals. They put the worst possible person in charge of appeals instead of someone reasonable like Xypiforgothisname/Github.

Community seemed to trash other players (again, not talking about me) telling them to leave if they don't like something. Other players parroting words of staff like "You're just a tester." You need testers as much as developers. I think that's one thing this community/staff take/took for granted. It was always so cringe to me how disposable players seemed to be to others. The player base was small already, why would you ever ask newer players to leave. There are so many games out there for free or just plain better that players can leave to.

The forums were also pretty restricted, I remember coming on here and almost every single thread in /general was locked. Aggressive responses for fair questions were not cool. Really horrid moderation like Penril, who I thought was cool but ended up mimcing staff by threatening to lock a thread because someone was being insulting. I Pm'd him asking him why not just warn them and edit their post and locking the thread. He said I was right but didn't edit his post when asked. Things like this were common last I was on here.

Game seems to be going downhill in every way.

It's something I could endure for the love of the game but it's not something I could ask someone else to support.
Editing your post and issuing a warning for being insulting to staff. No need to lock the thread since pretty much everyone (except you) is giving constructive criticism- Penril
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ads
Penril

Post#62 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Debolster could help with low NA population. If all T4 NA joined the lower tiers, population would be active enough to have good fights in up to 2 zones possibly. The problem? People do T4 because they want T4 rewards. I wonder if it is possible to have some kind of low-population trigger, that activates bonuses in a certain zone that benefits everyone.

Example: If total population goes under, idk, 200? Then we get a message that says "Order and Destruction remnants have moved to Talabecland". There we could have the following effects:

- Increased renown gains.
- EXTREMELY RARE chance to get Conq (or a T4 Influence-reward item) as a drop from kills (since doing T3 means they are not gaining T4 influence). This only applies for lvl40 characters.

You get the idea.

dansari

Post#63 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 pm

I like where your head's at Penril I'm just not sure it's good to implement an "if population reaches this number" idea... Other people have suggested maybe setting the up-convert to a lower ratio (like 2 recruits = 1 scout, 2 scout = 1 soldier). Then opening up an up-convert for officer to conq but keep it 5-->1. This would allow people to work towards T4 rewards while playing the lower tiers because the up convert would be low enough to buy Anni immediately upon entering T4.
<Salt Factory>

Dresden
Banned

Post#64 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Penril wrote:Debolster could help with low NA population. If all T4 NA joined the lower tiers, population would be active enough to have good fights in up to 2 zones possibly. The problem? People do T4 because they want T4 rewards. I wonder if it is possible to have some kind of low-population trigger, that activates bonuses in a certain zone that benefits everyone.

Example: If total population goes under, idk, 200? Then we get a message that says "Order and Destruction remnants have moved to Talabecland". There we could have the following effects:

- Increased renown gains.
- EXTREMELY RARE chance to get Conq (or a T4 Influence-reward item) as a drop from kills (since doing T3 means they are not gaining T4 influence). This only applies for lvl40 characters.

You get the idea.
disclaimer: I am not insulting/mocking/dismissing you.

As the writer/researcher for the only pinned debolster topic on the RoR forum i can (from carefully accrued knowledge) tell you this: people don't want to debolster because it requires (many owners of older chars having thrown away good lower tier gear to make space not withstanding) too much effort to get the gear necessary to make it worthwhile to join the lower tiers, add respec costs and resorting your mastery points, renown points, ability hotbars and tactic slots (plus having to keep room for your debolster gear in what may not be a fully-opened bank) and you've got a level of time, effort and damn-it-how-do-i-configure-all-of-this-stuff fuss that few people care to bother with.

The lack of rewards for ones efforts is simply an annoying ornamental eye-roller that seals peoples choices not to engage with the act of debolstering, if you wish enact low-pop bonus triggers (good idea!) then they'll need to be very finely tuned and very well promoted.

Debolstering in its current form should, i hope, be nothing more than an #Alpha stopgap.

If it isn't then you've got a significant problem that will need to be dealt with before the RoR server moves out of an #Alpha state.

edit: I stated that i wouldn't post in this topic again but Penril is RoR staff so i don't expect random hell to occur from this interaction.
Last edited by Dresden on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Penril

Post#65 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Fair enough. I have been debolstering recently and thought of this, but I didn't consider respec costs. I DID consider throwing away old gear; I salvaged most of my T3 inf rewards for tally fragments a long time ago, and was forced to grind Chapter influence elite rewards to have a competitive Debolster set. So yeah, currently debolster can take some effort.

Maybe in the future then...

Dresden
Banned

Post#66 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Penril wrote:Fair enough. I have been debolstering recently and thought of this, but I didn't consider respec costs. I DID consider throwing away old gear; I salvaged most of my T3 inf rewards for tally fragments a long time ago, and was forced to grind Chapter influence elite rewards to have a competitive Debolster set. So yeah, currently debolster can take some effort.

Maybe in the future then...
:D

Nuking mastery/renown respec costs entirely would positively endear all hi-guys-just-joined-and-wtf-now? noobs to debolstering, respec costs have been the most prolific 'Grrr!' sticking point that i have seen new players express about debolstering.

Remove respec costs entirely and a lot of initial anger/attitude about debolstering will not occur, i'd happily bet my gold on that.

If the incidence of bolstering in this game is free then why allow gold to be an obstacle to debolstering?

The throwing-away-old-gear problem will disappear ofc, owners of chars made since December 2016 will be far less likely to do that.
Last edited by Dresden on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Glorian

Post#67 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:05 pm

You can buy now green lvl 27 and lvl 28 gear from the chapter vendors that were introduced with last patch. So getting mid tier gear goes pretty fast.

Renown and mastery reassignment is the other big thing. Also getting the skills back you have then in t4 need to be placed again in the hotbars and correct place.

If you are a noob button player you need to remove the abilities and add them back once you are back in t4.

All in all it is quite a tedious work. After the second time you build yourself a T2/T3 char. But then your main can't get the green tears.

I really like the mid tier. But there should be some fast mastery/renown formula. If possible ofc.

Dresden
Banned

Post#68 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Glorian wrote:I really like the mid tier. But there should be some fast mastery/renown formula. If possible ofc.
I've been trying to work on that for my debolster topic. :lol:

No luck yet. :cry:

Ads
lilsabin

Post#69 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Euan wrote:
Spoiler:
I love this game and I don't know if I'll play it again but...

Honestly, who in their right mind would ask a friend to come back to this game?

Gameplay itself is worse than the original. From RvR to PvE, everything is worse. Game is more grindy than the original in renown, experience, and gear. It's just developers trying so hard to control how you progress in every possible way at a snail pace that made this game more boring. Rank caps to hinder even futher. To top it all off, rank resets for no good reason. The one thing I will say that got better was the scenarios, just because they added the pug scenario even though it was late and came after 6v6 scenario I don't know why. The 6v6 scenario was also a good welcome but it was kind of already there in Eternal Citadel.

Most of the staff has been on a high horse power trip. Like nerds who got a taste of power for the first time in their life. They haven't treated their playerbase too kindly and usually post aggressive responses. Like Elven telling non existant complainers to !@#% off and leave if they don't like it. Bans thrown out like candy, and I'm not really talking about me. In general, I spoke up about banned players. I urged for transparency and appeals. They put the worst possible person in charge of appeals instead of someone reasonable like Xypiforgothisname/Github.

Community seemed to trash other players (again, not talking about me) telling them to leave if they don't like something. Other players parroting words of staff like "You're just a tester." You need testers as much as developers. I think that's one thing this community/staff take/took for granted. It was always so cringe to me how disposable players seemed to be to others. The player base was small already, why would you ever ask newer players to leave. There are so many games out there for free or just plain better that players can leave to.

The forums were also pretty restricted, I remember coming on here and almost every single thread in /general was locked. Aggressive responses for fair questions were not cool. Really horrid moderation like Penril, who I thought was cool but ended up mimcing staff by threatening to lock a thread because someone was being insulting. I Pm'd him asking him why not just warn them and edit their post and locking the thread. He said I was right but didn't edit his post when asked. Things like this were common last I was on here.

Game seems to be going downhill in every way.

It's something I could endure for the love of the game but it's not something I could ask someone else to support.
Editing your post and issuing a warning for being insulting to staff. No need to lock the thread since pretty much everyone (except you) is giving constructive criticism- Penril
unfortunately i agree with the spoiler , but , what you want , it ll serve as an experience for them , and some here :)

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#70 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:55 am

Not sure if it has been suggested yet but we could always allow T1/T2/T3 to Bolster up to Tier 4 especially when NA Pop dips. I wouldn't recommend this unless the game is having extreme population issues. Of course we could scale the amount of XP lower tier players get in T4.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>