Recent Topics

Ads

@NA players

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

@NA players

Post#1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:40 pm

If we want to get back to the 400-500 players we had online every night the upcoming patcher patch (soon™) might be our best hope. Make sure you are reconnecting with old players and friends, make a thread on 4chan, reddit, whatever you use and try to get as many people back as you can.

Our problem I believe stems from the ddos wrecking our population, lack if players across all tiers especially 1-3 drove away players who would otherwise be playing due to the lack of PvP and horridness of leveling PvE or roaming empty lakes. Relatively low action compared to live in t4 also drove many away except the hardcore enthusiasts.

If we can just get enough people back playing so there is an acceptable level of action we won't hemmorage potential players and we can go back to the good old days.

So spread the word when the patcher is out, or when we get a few days notice. And I would assume there would be an event or double gains during this period which would also help a lot.

This is probably our last chance for the foreseeable future to get a strong community and population in NA that can rival EU.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Haojin

Re: @NA players

Post#2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Nice initiative but there are more important things to do atm imo:

1-both sides needs at least 1 dominant warband guild for campaign progress.

2-both sides needs pug leaders for create action.

Population is important yes but taking initiative and creating action is more which na lacks a lot. I don't know how many times i create action on x side and farmed them on y side when game is boring af.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Haojin wrote:Nice initiative but there are more important things to do atm imo:

Population is important yes but taking initiative and creating action is more which na lacks a lot. I don't know how many times i create action on x side and farmed them on y side when game is boring af.
Essentially this. Destro has Gdy and Ocara leading the pug WBs as of late, but I don't really see any Order pug 'organised' WBs to the same degree. Also, it seems pretty common during NA for the actual Order WBs to be very quiet/not coordinate much.

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Haojin wrote:Nice initiative but there are more important things to do atm imo:

Essentially this. Destro has Gdy and Ocara leading the pug WBs as of late, but I don't really see any Order pug 'organised' WBs to the same degree. Also, it seems pretty common during NA for the actual Order WBs to be very quiet/not coordinate much.
theres Rumba and Avo...

Jaycub

Post#5 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Avocetti/fatal always have something going, destro side is less organized but more open and friendly, the 6 mans will often just form a pug wb with them as the nucleus. Blacktooth in particular and my guild has done it many times.

Last night decimo was coordinating destro against order zerg, we have the organization or at least people willing to step up, but when all you can muster is 2 groups and order has a wb at best the action dies and it's solo/duo que scs only.

We don't need organized warbands, just people in the lakes fighting. Just like scs would be just fine without any 6 mans queing.

Collateral

Post#6 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Yea what Hao said. I was in t3 the other day and order was zerging like mad (140-160 aao). Since I needed my seals for the sexy armour I was very excited as that meant a lot of potential kills, so I joined a group. Leading was somewhat lackluster, so I sort of took initiative. We had two groups (with 4 lvl 40s) and it was obvious we couldn't win on open field, so closed choke points were a must if we wanted any chance. And we did exactly that. There are a lot of choke points in empire zones, so we took the advantage. We were a 2 group bombing squad. I coordinated the whole thing, popping morales, challenge and so on. Order died by the dozens, and before you know it the aao was gone and destro appeared in the zone so mysteriously.

You could say I'm a veteran warband player so it was nothing new for me (except for the constant typing and spamming in chat, but you gotta do what you gotta do), plus I had a guildie helping with healing, but for the 'pugs' (which were far from pugs, they played very well) it was an experience they can expect in t4 if they join a proper warband with good coordination, i.e. fun for everyone, even if you fail! Of course, this now comes to the leaders, or lack of them. The groups I played with followed very nicely for 'pugs', but you don't get that often and especially in t4. So I'm not sure if I would ever be able to lead anything in t4, as my nerves are short already, so my head would just explode :P

If you are a veteran player, be it warband or small scale, you have to reach out to others, that's the only way I believe. If 'nubs' keep getting farmed by the hard core premades, they will leave as there is no fun for them here, simple as that, even more so as new gear comes along and the RR gap increases more and more. I expect people to say now 'get in a group' or 'get gud', but it's not so simple really. People like guidance, especially by the more experienced players, who will be their inspiration and push them to the limits. They will see the game in another light and perhaps it will lead them to stay and improve even more. That's how I view it at least.

So in other words, I think that in the end, the faith of the server is in the hands of the hard core players. If they choose to just farm nubs, there is not much hope. Yes nubs can be hard to teach some times, but I think the destro leaders did a nice job so far. It doesn't seem to be the case on order though, so something has to be done here.

keblock
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pm

advertising your streams, the vids on youtube twitch what have you, people are going to try the game out, also vet players may come aross a video and see the progress the dev team has made, and may come back as well who knows. More advertising, get more friends to play. taking initiative and personal motivation/being consistant will bring new players, keep in mind also takes time, i agree with haojin more effort on boths sides start pug warbands regardless what the outcome is either way creates action.

Yeppers WL-CO-GM Break a Wish Foundation

Spacecraft

Post#8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Just get the nerd word out there im promoting on Albion cause that game will be dead in a year. Long live ROR.

Ads
HissiCNesS

Post#9 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Ecactly this!! Get the word out!! I've been spamming info about this server on all warhammer related youtube videos in hope that some ppl might check it out and stay!! Spread the WAAAGH love!!
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Jaycub

Post#10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:08 pm

It's not so much about getting the word out in general, it really needs to be done at the same time and with hype/reason (the patcher). The success of the patcher and what it brings doesn't really matter it's for lack of a better word the bait.

You can't trickle people into NA otherwise they become frustrated with the lack of population in lower tiers and leave, they need to all be coming in around the same time so they have people to play with in lower tiers which leads to a healthier t4 as the population is replenished and sustsined.

I know a few people who would try this game again, but if I for instance got them to play next week they would just bitch the game is dead and leave before getting to t4 unless we power leveled them and things aren't exactly that much better in t4 either.

I just think it needs to be a focused effort on as many people's part for that 1 week period to get as many people back and new players as possible so people stick around.