Recent Topics

Ads

@NA players

Let's talk about... everything else
Landgoat

Re: @NA players

Post#11 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Jaycub wrote:It's not so much about getting the word out in general, it really needs to be done at the same time and with hype/reason (the patcher). The success of the patcher and what it brings doesn't really matter it's for lack of a better word the bait.

You can't trickle people into NA otherwise they become frustrated with the lack of population in lower tiers and leave, they need to all be coming in around the same time so they have people to play with in lower tiers which leads to a healthier t4 as the population is replenished and sustsined.

I know a few people who would try this game again, but if I for instance got them to play next week they would just bitch the game is dead and leave before getting to t4 unless we power leveled them and things aren't exactly that much better in t4 either.

I just think it needs to be a focused effort on as many people's part for that 1 week period to get as many people back and new players as possible so people stick around.
I agree with this completely, no trickle in, or it will be a viscous "server dead, i'm out" cycle for NA. That's what happens when the lakes are empty and only solo que is popping.

I almost like the idea of some sort of "Grand Opening" day or week for the RoR server once the client control is ready to be implemented. A series of patches OR one singular update/patch that adds a lot of new stuff in the game + an awesome event (month-long event maybe) for each Tier perhaps, there could be different event PvP/RvR quests and Pve quests, or both implemented into one quest to get the rewards would be nice to see. Bust basically; market/hype up an event date along the lines of a "grand re-opening", make some teaser videos showing off big changes before the date and a discussion thread to create some mystique, wait til the date, release patch on said date.
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#12 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Destro has Gdy and Ocara leading the pug WBs as of late
That is a matter of perspective, Gdy is a worthy leader to be sure but Ocara is indecisive and... well at least he trys harder than most.

For months now i've been purposefully starting PUG warbands and filling them up and then leaving the wb after making the first person to complain at me or insult me the leader, half the time this produces the wonderful effect of bringing new and interesting leadership talent to the fore, i'm quite smug about it at this point, i've caused some excellent and unique games to occur by simply abandoning everyone. :lol:

I started doing that right around the time destro stopped getting seals of domination...
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Kordie

Post#13 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm

The lower tiers are the main problem population wise to inviting back NA people. When I level a toon I do it by playing EU weekends until it hits 31. I dont care how long that takes. Thats not sustainable if its not an alt, and people get pissed easily and bail.

NerdLabGaming

Post#14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 pm

I'm new to the server so excuse me but is there a way to freeze your lvl so a character can stay in a certain tier? Seems like some people may do that with the opportunity. And could help the tier population issues not fix though...
Shaman: SnotlingKing
Choppa: DeffKopta
KOTBS: EmperorJustin
WitchHunter: MadHatter
WarriorPriest:PriestoCthulhu

Check out my YouTube will have Warhammer videos out soon! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVRJ9BI5CnCGhu620T6Iqjg

ragafury

Post#15 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:15 pm

NerdLabGaming wrote:I'm new to the server so excuse me but is there a way to freeze your lvl so a character can stay in a certain tier? Seems like some people may do that with the opportunity. And could help the tier population issues not fix though...
You can play every tier with every char in RvR. function is called debolster. (I think ".debolster info" is the command ingame to see the requirements for the zones)

Otherwise if you want really to play the lower tiers to it's maximum there are scrolls at the quatermasters. They slow your XP progression down, not your RR gain.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Hexen

Post#16 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 pm

I believe the command is .ror debolster. Generally it works automatically though, meaning your character will be debolstered if the conditions are met. For T1 it's something like: No gear above level 13, no talismans, no more then 13 renown points spent, no more than 1 mastery point spent. T2/T3: Gear level 28, 28 renown points spent, 13 mastery points. If not, you'll be turned into a chicken.
So at the very least you do have to typically respec your mastery points if you go from a higher to a lower tier, which makes switching between them on a continuous basis a bit expensive.

Also, the scrolls are only available from level 16 (so no T1) on and even then in pvp only seem to work at level 30. At least I never got any less experience in scens than my team mates before that point. They worked fine in pve though.
Hexenschreck - WH 40/51

Jaycub

Post#17 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:01 am

NerdLabGaming wrote:I'm new to the server so excuse me but is there a way to freeze your lvl so a character can stay in a certain tier? Seems like some people may do that with the opportunity. And could help the tier population issues not fix though...
It might be in just so jaded at this point, but in general I think people don't bother with debolster because the end game gear grind is locked to t4 rewards and rng drops, and the path to anni/merc was spead up insanely because you get conq medallions no matter if you are rr1 at 32. So speaking from efficiency it is unbelievably faster to power level to 32 to get to t4 asap then just buy green gear and even if you get your **** stomped you are gaining 25x (?) more medallions and emblems per sc then doing stuff in t3.

Also some classes just aren't near as good/fun in lower tiers when they are locked out of 13 point abilities and full builds. Playing BO without thc for example is kinda dull since that's their bread and butter dmg.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Araco

Post#18 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:33 am

Dresden wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Destro has Gdy and Ocara leading the pug WBs as of late
That is a matter of perspective, Gdy is a worthy leader to be sure but Ocara is indecisive and... well at least he trys harder than most.

For months now i've been purposefully starting PUG warbands and filling them up and then leaving the wb after making the first person to complain at me or insult me the leader, half the time this produces the wonderful effect of bringing new and interesting leadership talent to the fore, i'm quite smug about it at this point, i've caused some excellent and unique games to occur by simply abandoning everyone. :lol:

I started doing that right around the time destro stopped getting seals of domination...
Ocara is indecisive yes, is better make like Kagaz and dont follow the leader of the wb, and when the enemy is waiting for you in the keep produce another ram and attack again and again. And then when the wb leader is tired to ask where is the enemy, please repack with me, what happen in the keep.. Say the fail is for the leader.

You are a bad person Kagaz, you are a person without honor, and with a lot of venom.

If NA need leaders they need a lot of patience for recive the major part of the time whisp of bad players saying "¿why you remove?, if is a public wb i dont need follow you. I dont recomend to much be a wb leader, over all when you need stay thiking where is the enemy, where are your allies, where is the rest of your wb, where you need move, etc. Of course the major problem is the members of your own wbs, with few capacity of read and you need stay behind 23 players. Like seems normal are very special, they dont go to lead of course but if you remove them for dont follow you they can make like kagaz, but well kagaz is a very special bad person, i dont recomend follow this men for his few capacity of think in the battlefield.

For dont speak much you need have patience, and people with capacity of follow and read. Is not only the leader, is a group of 23 persons more.
Last edited by Araco on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am

Thought it was funny seeing Kagaz criticize other players, literally only ever seen him die solo in the lakes or slowly chipping away at other tanks in scs. :lol:
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:49 am

Let's not divert from the OT. It's just good that we do have at least some people using their initiative to form WBs, and Ocara is one of them. :0