Recent Topics

Ads

Warbands, Dots, and Bag drops

Let's talk about... everything else
Vdalin

Warbands, Dots, and Bag drops

Post#1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Opining on a topic that is a continual discussion in guild chats, which is bag drop rolls. I was recently looking on the Who's Online section and looking at the top rr BWs and few if any of them had Conq Gear and were mostly Merc. Same for most healers. I know its not discussed in the forums and generally understood: Contribution seems to be valued roughly in order of importance of: wb or party lead, kills, 6 mans, supplies, BOs, on ram, killing Lord. My observation is that classes with DOTs and HOTs do not fare well under this scheme when the bag rolls are calculated. DOT classes may cause most of the damage but rarely gets the kill because of so much AOE hitting at the end. I know zerging has been discouraged in the reward system in many posts, but I'm talking about a single WB. Some may say the solution is not to run in a WB taking a keep as a key contributor, but to run in a 6 man gank group taking BOs and running supplies. Is that whats being encouraged?
Brightliight - BW, Brightshot - SW, Brightheals - RP
Working-AM
Despicableme -Slayer

Ads
Dreadspectre

Re: Warbands, Dots, and Bag drops

Post#2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:06 pm

How about we get rid of bags altogether and just make everything purchasable and everyone gets more medallions period?

Seriously..RNG loot exists for games that want to make money and draw out player experiences artificially. RoR doesn't need to do that.

You know what game had PvP loot bags too? SWTOR. I was one of my servers first Battlemasters(highest title you can have for PvP) and you know what gear I had to show for it? Nothing, because all you could get were RNG loot bags with no control over gear. Someone who was a fresh max level could(and did) have more gear than I did.

FEELS BAD. IS BAD. Which is why I dropped that game years ago.

I know the Devs are restrained in what they can accomplish here(both on actual ability to do so and also manpower, time etc), but I would be ALLLLLL for the removal of RNG bags totally.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm

We have a plan for making bag rolls more equitable instead of getting lost in the hundreds of players competing for them. Takes some time, coding, testing, and possibly client control to implement it properly. I don't think anyone on the team is a huge fan of 200 people fighting over 10 bags either.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Dreadspectre

Post#4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote:We have a plan for making bag rolls more equitable instead of getting lost in the hundreds of players competing for them. Takes some time, coding, testing, and possibly client control to implement it properly. I don't think anyone on the team is a huge fan of 200 people fighting over 10 bags either.
*In his best Tiny Tim voice* Bless you sir....bless you.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Haskr

Post#5 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Some kind of token system could also work, for example a token for the conqueror gear.

I have 3 conqueror pieces, but i got around 5 or 6 gold bags, and i only got one piece out of it that i could use, the other ones were all duplicates.
With purple bags, i got the shield, the cloak and the sword, so i dont need anything more from them, but i cant opt out, which is sad for people who really need them. So sometimes in teamspeak we have people say "i hope i dont get a gold bag" because they have full conqueror, but got many kills for contribution and will likely get a bag.
If you dont need the equipment, the bags offer not much besides that, the amount of gold and medaillons that you could take is a bit to little. But it is nice to hear that this will also get a rework with the new patcher and client controll! :)

I also have the feeling that the bonus heal from the tactic "Focused Mending" is awarded to my account for the contribution, and not to the healers who cast the healing spells, because i allmost allways get very high contribution as a tank.

dansari

Post#6 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 pm

wargrimnir wrote:We have a plan for making bag rolls more equitable instead of getting lost in the hundreds of players competing for them. Takes some time, coding, testing, and possibly client control to implement it properly. I don't think anyone on the team is a huge fan of 200 people fighting over 10 bags either.
r/threadkillers

Sounds great!
<Salt Factory>

Dresden
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 pm

What about giving ppl a token ('medals of domination' ?) specifically for a completed zone lock? you give us seals of domination for locking the game anyway and they don't (?) have a use yet.

You could trade a certain (high) number of them for relevent tokens that would allow you to acquire anything you can get in RvR bags.
edit: Like how we now get Ruin gear.

Then no one would be tempted to suggest 'fixing' yet another (fundamentally important) cornerstone game-dynamic-thing that isn't broken in the slightest and all those ppl who have played for a very long time might not be tempted to quit temporarily/permanently.

My lack of bag rewards is certainly slowly and pervasively gutting my desire to play RvR.

edit: I understand how giving ppl tokens for zone locks (for use in trade) could be a problem, what about if it requires a certain amount of contribution to get said zone lock token on top of being present for the zone lock?
Last edited by Dresden on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Pretty sure 90% of the loot roll contri is just about the amount of renown you have earned in the zone.
The rest is some mysterious stuff about dps getting contri for doing dps, healers for healing and tanks for getting hit or something.
But if you already have earned maybe the most renown in the zone, might also mean you have done lots of dps, so basically having earned maximum amount of renown should place you at the top.

As for why some BWs/sorcs might not be running full conq, because running 2-2-2 or 3-3 set bonuses might be more beneficial for the situation.

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 am

In my opinion the bags are just worth too much. A chest pices is a lot of token in equivalent. This is forcing unessasary focus on bag drops. Dump the item in the bag and replace it with say 10 tokens, increase the number of bags and then find a nice way to deliver purple and blue items and the issue is not so bad then.

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:59 am

What about adding bags as a influence reward.
Blue at T1, Purple at T2 and Gold at T3 and have influence reset when all rewards are claimed. Drop the bags from keep takes and add some Inf bonus to keeps and add Inf bonus for sucessfully defending BO's.